Click To View Golf Course Page

Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot December-2017 (GK Cyber Clubho...
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot December-2017 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot December-2017 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday December 1, 2017 6:14 AM
Where did the year go? Where did my game go? - LOL - I need to get out and play more. Hoping to do so this month

Looking forward to reading every ones posts as always.
GK is now on FACEBOOK! CLICK HERE and become a fan!
 Message #86379
GDR23
RE: What d'you shoot December-2017 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Woods Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Purisma Sandpiper

Monday December 4, 2017 6:48 PM
After playing the best golf of my life the last couple months (last 3 rounds were a 73, 71 and 74) and dropping my index to the lowest its been since 2006-2007 I was complete garbage today--worst round in 4 years. Was going to play Rustic but was met with 40-50mph winds today(course was closed) so headed out with buddies to Soule Park in Ojai--its was just a weird day all together--my buddy injured his wrist on the range bad and could not play--little windy but not to bad at all. Started out by making a bird on hole 1--doubled #6 and then went bogey, bogey, par to shoot a 39 on the front. The back was a 9 to forget, bogeyed 10, tripled 11 going OB on my 2nd shot, OB on #12 off the tee made quad there--finished the back with a 48---for a 87--completely humbled...
 Message #86410 - This was a reply to message #86379
roarksown1

Favorite Golfer:
    Whoever's with me playing
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Monday December 4, 2017 10:26 PM
QUOTED  [Posted By GDR23 on 12.04.2017 6:48 PM]
After playing the best golf of my life the last couple months (last 3 rounds were a 73, 71 and 74) and dropping my index to the lowest its been since 2006-2007 I was complete garbage today--worst round in 4 years. Was going to play Rustic but was met with 40-50mph winds today(course was closed) so headed out with buddies to Soule Park in Ojai--its was just a weird day all together--my buddy injured his wrist on the range bad and could not play--little windy but not to bad at all. Started out by making a bird on hole 1--doubled #6 and then went bogey, bogey, par to shoot a 39 on the front. The back was a 9 to forget, bogeyed 10, tripled 11 going OB on my 2nd shot, OB on #12 off the tee made quad there--finished the back with a 48---for a 87--completely humbled...

It's amazing to me that no matter how good, bad or average a player you are, these types of moments are inescapable in golf. A scratch golfer gets just as frustrated and confounded by the game (admittedly not as often) as a 25 handicap who knows it's going to be 'one of those days' when they pencil in a triple and a quad after the first two holes. I suppose that offers a little solace to those of us non-scratch players who likely feel that humbling at least a few times every round.

The humbling 87 that you shot, a score which I matched on Sunday, was actually a pretty good round for me at Rancho Park. But the humbling came on the back nine after shooting a nice 41 on the front when I could not buy a par on the back nine. Even three-putted after my GIR on 18 to add insult to (ego) injury. A frustrating 46 but at the end of the day, I'm still at a stage when breaking 90 on any proper 18 feels pretty good. But I'm hoping to reach that level where an 87 is my worst round for a long time. For a lot of us that sounds dreamy. The three rounds before that though were awesome.
 Message #86414 - This was a reply to message #86410
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Tuesday December 5, 2017 5:43 PM
Last few rounds, all at Balboa Park, at or around 90 . . . this last Sunday I went 39-50?
 Message #86421 - This was a reply to message #86414
GDR23
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Woods Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Purisma Sandpiper

Monday December 11, 2017 6:42 PM
Had a nice bounce back round today at Olivas from the tips with a 73. Played with Brian who is a PGA teaching professional and we flew around an empty Olivas. People must be avoiding the surrounding areas due to the fires. Birdies on #3 and #18 and bogeys on #8, #10 3 putting from the fringe and #13 which is just a hard dang hole from the tips.
 Message #86464 - This was a reply to message #86421

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]