Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot February-2018 (GK Cyber Clubho...
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot February-2018 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 18 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot February-2018 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday February 1, 2018 11:45 AM
So we never had winter in California ... straight to Spring! - LOL

Won't be playing for the next 10 days but then going to try to get out a bunch.

Looking forward to hearing about your rounds!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #86940
mpisarski01
RE: What d'you shoot February-2018 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Thursday February 1, 2018 12:20 PM
Played the shortened soboba springs today and shot 81 on the 5400 yard alternate course. Two birdies were the good sign of the day but the greens were quick and putting was off.
 Message #86941 - This was a reply to message #86940
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Sunday February 4, 2018 7:49 PM
43+46=89
 Message #86967 - This was a reply to message #86941
roarksown1

Favorite Golfer:
    Whoever's with me playing
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Monday February 5, 2018 1:36 AM
Fun day at Skylinks for Super Bowl Sunday. Felt like I was hitting the ball really well on the front nine but just not scoring well thanks to far too many bunker misadventures and a few ill-timed 3-putts, although I did actually pull off a sandy birdie on hole 3. But somehow eluded a single par on the front and shot a mundane 45. On the back nine, started getting more dialed in and got my first par on the par 5 11th hole, then followed it up with a few more (including a bunch more grace-saving bunker shots throughout) and ended up going just 1-over on the last four tough holes to shoot a 41 and combined 86 on the day. Highlight was on the par 3 16th where I went way right off the green, then chunked a low chip shot and then holed out my next one from 35 yards for one of those unexpected zero-putt pars.
 Message #86969 - This was a reply to message #86967
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Friday February 9, 2018 8:27 PM
46-42 at cross creek. I was loving my new driver but my iron play was rough. 32 putts 6 fairways 6 GIR and 3 OB
 Message #87031 - This was a reply to message #86967
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Friday February 9, 2018 8:44 PM
Have had to spend some time in Carlsbad area. A golf shop came up for Eagle Crest golf club. Was not hitting the ball as well as at Ashwood the other day but still feeling comfortable with the new clubs. Some stressful shots from the tee. Narrow openings and stingy fairways get in your head a bit. Started double bogey, birdie, double. Had a second birdie but too many doubles. Shot 42-43 for a satisfying round at a new course. Greens really challenged.
 Message #87033 - This was a reply to message #87031
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Sunday February 11, 2018 5:53 PM
I really, really, really played horrible today. It got to where I was just trying to stay out of the way and not effect the rest of the foursome. I stayed positive and really didn't blow my top, but my play was horrendous . . . did I mention how badly I played today? Oh yeah, it was pretty ugly . . . good thing I wasn't playing a match or it would have not last much past the front 9.
 Message #87056 - This was a reply to message #87033
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Tuesday February 13, 2018 10:16 PM
After almost 3 weeks without playing opened up February with a very fun last two days of golf.

I ended January on high note two GK Gurus rounds at Indian Wells Golf Resort. Had a solid back nine on the Players Course shooting a 41 on 1/25. Was not sure if that game was going to carry over all the way to my GK Cup Match at Rams Hill Monday. See full recap on the GK Cup 11 Results...but it did. But I ended up losing it - LOL - but it sure started strong.

Just a great time playing with sixpez and rgm2525 as always. But one of very favorite things to do is to tee it up with GK'ers I have never done so before so I was excited about when it happened Alex326 was down from Central Cal staying in Palm Springs. We paired up in a cart and thoroughly enjoyed a round of golf together. Funny thing is Alex and I will be playing again, very likely a Quail Lodge in Carmel for our GK Cup 11 match/GK Guru round. I like to plan that fun round trip for early March. Try to get two foursomes lined up. That course is immaculate and beautiful.

After Rams Hill, that night drove out to La Mesa San Diego to spend the night at my sister-in-laws house so I would be closer for the drive to our GK Guru Omni La Costa at 8:20am & 8:28am Tuesday. Well, very unfortunate heavy traffic Tuesday morning, took over 1 1/2 hours to get there, normally about 35 minutes. Barely made the tee time, went straight to the tee and basically blew up the first 5 holes, then settled down. By the time I got to the back nine, I had just about dialed in a consistent driver swing with a slight fade (very uncommon for me). Well, I took command of that driver swing and did not miss a tee shot on the back nine. Put myself in position on every hole, and when the closing holes turned into the wind, I was ready. Hit some good long irons as well. Made a couple solid up and down for Par on 17 & 18 for a 38.

Briefly saw Allan_Grant, zgolfinman, sparky14 and gary00 at the tee box. Thanks for coming out. They teed up first. My foursome included rgm2525, adigitalg87 and raidernationkennels. Super time! But we finished about 45 minutes behind the first group so they were gone but have to put some of the blame on the most photo happy marshal, nice guy, Barry. I can't begin to explain Barry in text, this guy is one of a kind.

Looking very forward to my next round! Not sure if I can play next week.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #87077 - This was a reply to message #86940
roarksown1

Favorite Golfer:
    Whoever's with me playing
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Friday February 16, 2018 6:35 PM
Wasn't sure where to put this so I guess since it's in relation to a round I just played, I'll just leave it here. So I played Iron-Wood for the first time today and was having a nice little round going until the final two holes and then ended up shooting a 5-over 34. All good so far - I can totally live with that having never played this nice little nine-hole before.

So of course after my decent round I went to post my score in GHIN, but the course is not found. I called the desk on the way home to find out if the course had been previously named something else and maybe that was why I couldn't look it up, but he said 'no.' So now what? I have tried all sorts of name combinations but all I keep getting is Ironwood CC in Palm Springs. And even on the scorecard there is no slope/rating so I can't even do it manually (even though that option exists with the GHIN app).

Has anyone who played here before managed to upload their score into their GHIN handicap? Any suggestions?
 Message #87133 - This was a reply to message #87077
TheBigDog
Event Organizer

Favorite Golfer:
    Steve Stricker
Favorite Golf Course:
    Robinson Ranch

Friday February 16, 2018 7:50 PM
Two weeks in a row I've started out poorly at Rancho Vista in Palmdale, then got hot.

Last week I started off 6 over after 7 holes, then played the final 11 holes even par with 3 birdies and 3 bogeys for a 78.

Today, playing a rare Friday round, I started off 6 over after 6 holes, then made 9 pars in a row. Finished with a couple of bogeys in the last 3 holes for an 80.

I also decided to emulate Jordan Spieth on short putts and looked only at the hole, instead of the ball, and made all of my short putts today. Maybe I'm on to something.

Theb Igdog
 Message #87134 - This was a reply to message #87133

Listing 1 to 10 of 18 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]