Click To View Golf Course Page

Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot April-2018 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot April-2018 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 25 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot April-2018 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday April 1, 2018 7:51 AM
April! - Love it - And love I'll be back out there playing a bunch of golf!

Looking forward to everyone's posts!
GK is now on FACEBOOK! CLICK HERE and become a fan!
 Message #87718
SBogey
RE: What d'you shoot April-2018 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

SoCal Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Sunday April 1, 2018 5:32 PM
Started the month with a round at Ashwood in Apple Valley! My buddy is finally on the mend from the cancer treatments and near death experiences. He asked if I could join him and of course I did. He is still getting back his strength but I want to encourage him to resume his spot in our golf league that I filled for him last year. He had some struggles like back to back triples but finished steady with a birdie, bogey, par, par finish. we played the whites for his sake which really changed the course from always playing the blues here. I had some putting woes with the greens on course a bit slower than the practice greens but realized after I had no doubles! Shot 36 on the par 32 Mesquite finishing with a 0 putt birdie. Then on par 33 Sycamore shot 38. Missed a couple pars by inches.
The big surprise for me is the distance I am getting with the new clubs. I was getting so used to clubbing up and leaving shots short all the time. Today hit my 9 iron 130 and pitching wedge 120. Used to figure wedge was my 100 and 9 120. Hit them long more than once and realize I should start rethinking my distances.
 Message #87726 - This was a reply to message #87718
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Sunday April 1, 2018 6:39 PM
Torrey North, 42+40, 30 putts. Felt like a round that should have been a bit better as I struck the ball well and made a few difficult saves look easy. I just missed some mundane, short, easy putts. Had trouble in a couple bunkers due to hard sand directly under my ball but not my feet and then almost holed out from the right side bunker on 6. Beautiful day, good POP.
 Message #87727 - This was a reply to message #87726
roarksown1

Favorite Golfer:
    Whoever's with me playing
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Monday April 2, 2018 5:26 PM
Super depressing to try and play an 'easy' course to build up your confidence again, and then manage to start 6 over on the first three holes! At Alondra on Sunday which is about as straight forward as it gets (also happens to be the only course I've ever broken 80 at), but still managed to screw the pooch and shoot a depressing 47 on the front with a lost ball penalty and some dodgy sand play thanks to the awful bunkers. I did actually roll in a 50ft putt on #5 though for a birdie.

On the back nine I figured I would clean it up a bit but couldn't make a par until #15. The triple just before that was nausea-inducing as I was in the greenside bunker off the tee but needed three shots to get onto the green because the sand was near non-existent and what was there was wet. However, at the very least, finished up with four straight pars between 15-18 and closed the back with a 44. Small consolation. A 91 is a pretty awful score here but hopefully puts an end to a very miserable March in terms of scores. Be better, April. Be better.
 Message #87739 - This was a reply to message #87727
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Monday April 2, 2018 9:32 PM
I know your pain. One year before a GK outing I thought I would go out to Ashwood for a "confidence builder". Ha! Played terrible and left depressed. Played pretty well at the outing so I put it behind me!
 Message #87742 - This was a reply to message #87739
caligolfer1031

Favorite Golfer:
    Adam Scott, Bubba Watson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spyglass Hill

Tuesday April 3, 2018 11:49 AM
Played Eagle Glen on Easter Sunday as a single, was very surprised there was nobody there to join me. My driver was the club that did not show up, just could not get any distance out of it. BUT my hybrid, irons and short game did show up and boy did we have a good time. I shot my best round ever at EG with numerous 2 putts for par, a double bogey, and a group of bogey's . 43-40=83.

I dread my next round, as the golf god's seem to play head games with me and let me think I have figured something out.
 Message #87744 - This was a reply to message #87742
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Tuesday April 3, 2018 5:37 PM
I think you picked the wrong course Rob, should have gone to Woodley, that was my go to confidence builder. And from reading the latest review, looks like other GK'ers as well...

Here is what xcamman, Valencia, CA just posted:

"Woodley has always been a course to get your head straight. What i mean by that is, when my game has me dazed and confused, I'll
play Woodley to get my confidence back. What you see here is what you get. Ample wide fairways and not a huge amount of trouble. It's also a golf course that you can enjoy a great,
non-hilly walk. Right now the greens I believe are the best of any other city course. My compliments to the greenskeeper. They have a very nice practice facility. It's only my opinion,
but, if they brought in a designer and put in some more strategic waste bunkers and water hazards this course could be so much more interesting. I just don't know what would happen to the eco-structure. In any case, it was a good morning. Mission accomplished."
GK is now on FACEBOOK! CLICK HERE and become a fan!
 Message #87750 - This was a reply to message #87739
roarksown1

Favorite Golfer:
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Wednesday April 4, 2018 9:17 AM
QUOTED  I think you picked the wrong course Rob, should have gone to Woodley, that was my go to confidence builder. And from reading the latest review, looks like other GK'ers as well...

Stop telling me what to do, Johnny! Ha! And yeah, I just read that review and chuckled ... Alondra just happens to be a lot closer to where I live but they are both in that same vain. I would actually say I've had my best rounds at Encino overall, but Alondra was again the one place where I broke 80 so I still do think it should be easier to me than shooting a 91! Woodley for some reason has given me more fits than it should. So what have we learned? Encino here I come!
 Message #87754 - This was a reply to message #87750
roarksown1

Favorite Golfer:
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Sunday April 8, 2018 4:31 PM
So far, April has not been much kinder to me yet than March was. After not cracking 90 yet again in my first two rounds of the month (Alondra and Primm Valley (Lakes)), the last two rounds continued that trend. While never expecting to have a good round at De Bell as it just doesn't suit my eye, I was having a nice round going at Lakewood on Friday before another late collapse. After starting out pretty poorly, went on a nice run from 5-13 at just 3-over. Definitely had a low-mid 80s round in view, then got in my own head and took a triple on 16 and an even worse quad on the par 3 17th after going in the right bunker. Managed to par 18 despite a horrible tee shot, and when I added it all up - yep, 90. Haven't shot sub-90 now since Los Amigos back on 2/25 and it's been incredibly frustrating. I'm thinking about lessons to get over this inconsistency. Gonna have a heart attack out there at this rate if I keep doing this craziness.
 Message #87804 - This was a reply to message #87750
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Sunday April 8, 2018 4:55 PM
Well the golf gods reaped a bit of revenge after a nice round at Ashwood. Been feeling pretty good about my game but yesterday at Palm Desert it was 1 step forward 3 steps back. Finished OK with a couple pars but shot 96. 44 on the front didn't seem too bad but 52 on the back was horrible. Greens were slow and just could not get used to it. Came up short time after time. Even when I told myself get aggressive still left them inches short instead of feet.
 Message #87805 - This was a reply to message #87804

Listing 1 to 10 of 25 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3

[ Community Page ]