Click To View Golf Course Page

Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot May-2018 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot May-2018 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 20 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot May-2018 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday May 1, 2018 8:12 AM
Got in 5 rounds last month - here's to playing even more in May!

Looking forward to your posts as always!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #88050
mpisarski01
RE: What d'you shoot May-2018 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Tuesday May 1, 2018 9:02 AM
Shoot I have 5 rounds planned for this weekend in Tahoe
 Message #88051 - This was a reply to message #88050
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Friday May 4, 2018 6:14 PM
I had 4 rounds planned for this my birthday/retirement week . . . but life side-swiped me and I had to deal with that. With that mostly taken care of I got to play my one and only B-day round (besides my pre-B-day round at fabulous Ram's Hill so graciously provided by Dcricket!) today at Steele Canyon, Canyon/Vineyards. Beautiful day, a bit warm, but just glad to be out there playing this game we love so much! Course is in great shape, greens are so smooth and beautiful to putt on . . . although I JUST CAN'T READ THEM!!!! 34 putts, I rarely have that many anywhere. Started off consistent and smooth, no pressure golf (I was worried my tempo would be bonkers after playing super windy conditions out in Borrego) just missing some putts inside 5 feet that would have made my round look much better and ended a bit rougher with three doubles on the backside. 40+44= 84 on the par 70 tract
 Message #88143 - This was a reply to message #88051
roarksown1

Favorite Golfer:
    Whoever's with me playing
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Saturday May 5, 2018 11:19 AM
It was so hard to get any rhythm going at Knollwood yesterday with such an awful POP that meant waiting for 2-3 groups at every tee box until around the 14th hole. Could not get off the bogey train until a dreadful quad on the par 3 5th after getting stuck in the mulch right of the hole, then a 4-putt on the 6th hole sealed a disastrous 49 on the front. Started with a fresh attitude and opened par-par on the back nine before once again losing the plot with a bad hole on the uphill 12th (including a lost ball penalty). Stayed on the bogey train after that for the most part before a birdie on 17, but too little too late to then keep it sub-90 and finished with a disappointing 91. Always tough to play well no matter what, but even more difficult when the waiting game kills any flow.
 Message #88152 - This was a reply to message #88143
kevbig

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Palmer Course- Turtle Bay

Saturday May 5, 2018 7:40 PM
Phil-esque round Wednesday at Reflection Bay. 1 bogey, 2 doubles, and 3 birdies on the front and 1 birdie, 2 bogeys on the back for 38 + 37 = 75. My game has been in the dumps for a few months since the move and not being able to play much, so I'm happy to see some semblance of decent play returning. But as soon as I say that...
 Message #88154 - This was a reply to message #88152
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Wednesday May 16, 2018 8:20 AM
Oh my, after playing one of best rounds in years a couple weeks ago at Oak Quarry shooting a 79 my next round is diabolical 97 at Goose Creek. That's funny, just saw how those numbers flip flopped. 79-97

I did pitch the ball well and hit decent bunker shots ... got LOTS of practice doing that ... next round GK Cup Match tomorrow at Goat Hill Park Golf Course so at least my short game is still solid ... I'll need it!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #88284 - This was a reply to message #88050
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Wednesday May 16, 2018 9:31 AM
A little late but Last week at Grizzly Ranch I shot 85 and 95. The next day at Lake Tahoe Golf Club I shot 39-53. The course got tighter and I should have put the drive in the bag and layed up on most holes due to the shortness of them.
 Message #88286 - This was a reply to message #88284
RDDenn

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Barona Creek

Wednesday May 16, 2018 10:01 AM
Was trying out a tweak to my swing. I abandoned it in the middle of a tourney at Oak Quarry on May 6. Shot 85, 46-39. Beer helped also.

Played Dragonfly last weekend in Madera. I forgot to put in my review that the GPS was wrong on my cart. I got lazy in the middle of my round and stopped using my laser for distance. I left it short several times on balls I thought were well struck, culminating on leaving a ball 15 yards short on the par 3 12th hole. The next hole my cart said I had 96 yards over the water on my third shot on the par 5. I double checked with my laser and found out the pin was 111 yards. 15 yards difference. I went up a club, put it close and made the birdie putt. Sigh. The rest of the round went well as I found consistently the GPS was short on the actual distance. Shot 85, 44-41 (had some driving issues early). Four over on the par fives on the front, one under on those on the back.
 Message #88287 - This was a reply to message #88050
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Friday May 18, 2018 6:17 AM
The score I shot will no longer be a conversation for me but how I played and my experience will be here. I'm going back to my simple relaxing golf playing experiences.

Yesterday at Goat Hill Park Golf Course for my GK Cup 11 match we a blast cracking open some beers and hanging out with AndrewZ28 and mpisarski01. The game was a little better than the game I brought to Goose Creek Tuesday but not much. Goat Hill is a golf course that gives you no margin for error with iron play and difficult little greens. Hence a struggle out there for me to say the least. But I really like that course and know I'll play it well one of these days. Putted OK, hit my irons OK, pitched OK ... does not cut at it at Goat. You got to hit your irons great, putt well and pitch the ball well to play well.

My next round is GK Plays La Quinta Mountain which I really hope my game returns because I love that course.

[[Edited by JohnnyGK on Friday May 18, 2018 7:44 AM]]
 Message #88312 - This was a reply to message #88050
Deepsea14

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Friday May 18, 2018 7:18 AM
True story; years back 9 hole league back east shot Uncle Billy shot 63-36 week to week. That's a 27 stroke swing for 9 holes. Your 18 shot differential Johnny needs some work to match that math. I'm for the experience also especially since I like to play (be on) the nice courses that often play difficult. In Uncle Billy's round 1 he did have a rack of Miester Brau in his bag and tee'd off a bit buzzed and drank them all. The next week he was .00 Bac to start. Hence the league committee instituted the "Uncle Billy" rule of drunkenness but that's another story. As is he was club champion once back in the day.

Playing Auburn Valley GC last Sunday first out was my May highlight so far. Very nice course conditions and mild temps. was last round of a 3 days in a row and made my only par of the day on the 18th. Didn't play as well as I wanted but the green hillside views and wildlife makes up for my lack of aptitude.

Next scheduled round Darkhorse next weekend. Saturday plan on going to a couple of demo days at local courses. Get a deal on a Sunday round @ TBD look for a $deal. I'd like some new irons but know it will not cure only possibly help my ineptitude.

Reading blog I'm anxious to try Dragonfly in Madera. Drove through that area so many times.

Now I "know and will go"!

It's just fun! Get out there and play. Looking forward to a GK Plays event sometime this year. ...
 Message #88313 - This was a reply to message #88312

Listing 1 to 10 of 20 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]