Click To View Golf Course Page

Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot June-2018 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot June-2018 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 10 Replies

PAGES: 1
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot June-2018 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday June 1, 2018 6:50 AM
Longest days of the year, feeling 36 holes...

Looking forward to your posts

Excited about GK Plays Coyote Springs in Las Vegas on 6/16 and our GK Cup 11 Final on 6/24!
GK is now on FACEBOOK! CLICK HERE and become a fan!
 Message #88468
SBogey
RE: What d'you shoot June-2018 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

SoCal Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Saturday June 2, 2018 6:42 PM
Got out for 9 at Bear Mtn. on Friday! Course has made vast improvements in 2 weeks. Some greens look almost normal but a few still have some healing to do. Fairways have filled in nicely and bunkers are in as good of shape as they get. Soft on top but firm under. Shot 46 but felt I played very well. Had 2 bad shots but the putting still cost strokes so look forward to some great rounds this year. Heading out tomorrow with Cpennbo for her first round on the course before she starts women's league on Wednesday!
 Message #88478 - This was a reply to message #88468
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Wednesday June 20, 2018 9:03 PM
88, 40 front, 48 back (yuck) Balboa Park, Blue tees. First time out since 5/6, after weeks of acupuncture, chiro, stretching, boredom and malaise I was finally healthy enough to play. I hit some balls the other day and have been taking slow swings in backyard. Started off par, par with 5 GIR, one on the 8th from far left through the tres blind to two feet, bird. Felt great knocking the rust off and to just be back out there. Even though I had no expectations going out hitting the ball well yet not scoring well was a tad disappointing and if not for the sometimes brutally penal nature of "The Park" I would have recorded a pretty decent score. Triples on 4 (missed the green left in the weeds), 12 (stuck in the bush just right of the green) and 16 (grooved drive, excellent second, missed the approach 5 yards right, down the hill, horrible lie, cleared the green into a bush, drop, flop to 5 feet, missed the putt, yuck) derailed my hopes of a respectable score . . . but, once again, the comeback is ON!
 Message #88639 - This was a reply to message #88478
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Friday June 22, 2018 11:31 AM
Finally got to play Spyglass Hill! Ever since seeing it in a golf magazine in my late teens been wanting to play it.

Teed it up with Alex326 and Sixpez for an late afternoon round. Was a rough start on the first six holes but somehow I caught fire on for the last 12 holes. I don't keep score but not difficult to recap those last 12 holes, 2 birdies, 7 pars, 3 bogies. Sand game was strong. Chipping solid. Driver was mostly dialed in. Irons were decent as was my putting. I was very happy to play so well on a dream course for me.
GK is now on FACEBOOK! CLICK HERE and become a fan!
 Message #88659 - This was a reply to message #88468
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Monday June 25, 2018 1:02 PM
After playing decent last week in Vegas shooting 86-88. I decided to forget how to play golf at black gold yesterday. I lost 10 balls in route to a 98.
 Message #88701 - This was a reply to message #88468
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Monday June 25, 2018 1:55 PM
OUCH! Matthew! OUCH!
 Message #88702 - This was a reply to message #88701
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Wednesday June 27, 2018 3:36 PM
88, 42 front, 46 back (yuck) Torrey North, Green tees. Hit the ball well but made some critical mistakes. The worst was my putting, 37 putts, the most I can ever remember having, ever. I 3 jacked 5 times, usually that's a few months worth. The greens were slow and then I started hitting them 5 feet past . . . I had quite a few GIR and a few of those were within 15' but only made the one bird on 17. The comeback continues.
 Message #88721 - This was a reply to message #88702
rob1563

Southern Nevada Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    Ryan Moore
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Thursday June 28, 2018 9:50 PM
I was able to get in 5 rounds this month:

1. Angel Park Mountain: Started nice, finding the fairway on the 1st 3, par on 4, then the wheels came off. 2 way miss off the tee, 3 jacks on the green, and way too many double and triples.

2. The Club at Sunrise: warm up for Coyote Springs with JohnnyGK. Incredible front 9. After Johnny was green side with his drive on 7 (310 yards), I hit a 3 wood about 280 (tail wind, firm fairways) and was about 30 yards short. Texas wedge and burned the edge on the birdie. Finished with 3 straight pars and a personal best 9 hole score of 43. Could not find a fairway on the back and finished with some blown tires and leaking oil for a 95.

3. Coyote Springs: The only thing I remember is a 278 yard 3 wood drive on #11 and finished it with a par. I may have had about 23 3 putts as I could not find the hole at all. But I had a great time with John, Kevin, and Alan and I still love Coyote Springs even though it doesn't love me back.

4/5. Double dip 36 at Angel Park.
Mountain: Decent driving day and only had 1 penalty. Incredible what keeping the ball in play does. Hit 2 flags on chip attempts. 3 wood almost all day. 14 putts on the back helped bring me in with a 97.
Palm: I think the driver only came out once and I went Stenson the rest of the round. 3 wood while not 100% accurate, kept me in play. Memorable hole of the day was #17, playing about 175 yards. Absolutely fanned a 4 iron which landed behind the 14th green (just across the wash from 17 green). Wedged it to 6 feet, drained the putt (got cocky and called it almost as soon as I hit it). No triples for the round, finished with a 92.

Could not get out today so I'm done for the month. Can't wait to get back out.
 Message #88728 - This was a reply to message #88721
kviser

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event LA-GK-Meetup-Winner: LA GK Meetup Winner

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    River Ridge

Friday June 29, 2018 7:59 AM
I have been trying to get back into the swing of things...

Another year of not much golf for me. I went from about 60 rounds a year to about 35 last year. Overtime at work, catching up on some yard and home projects, taking up mountain biking, and family life has got me stretched thin.

I recently inured myself trying to play some softball. Pulled the left hamstring on a Thursday night practice. Then, during a game the following Wednesday I pulled my right hamstring. Badly. I could barely walk. That was June 7. Softball was fun, though.

My golf game has suffered immensely.

Coyote Springs, I shot a 97. The day before at Wolf Creek, I shot 100. Best time ever shooting 100. I have to go back there.

This week I played Antelope Valley Country Club in Palmdale, CA. Monday, I shot 97, then shot a 90 on Thursday. Funny, I thought I drove the ball better on Monday, but Thursday my iron game got a little sharper. I made more pars, kept the ball in play more, and even hit a few more GIR.

Right now, I don't see work slowing down much. I am going to continue to mountain bike. House duties are non-stop. I will continue to golf when I can.

Yoga is helping a lot with the pain and stiffness. I have to keep working on it. See you guys on the links.
 Message #88732 - This was a reply to message #88468
GDR23
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Woods--- Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Purisma Sandpiper

Friday June 29, 2018 8:20 PM
Out today for 36 wonderful holes today with RGM2525. We started at La Purisma this morning. I started out with an unbelievable par after driving it left off the tee. Was able to birdie one of my bug-a-boo holes #7. Made bogeys on #5 and #9 for a 37 on the front. Bogeyed #10 but then played a great stretch of holes on #11-16 shooting 2 under par. Standing even par on 17 tee had a chance with 2 par's to shoot even par but bogeyed the last two finishing holes for a 74--one off my personal best at Purisma.

Afternoon round found us at Rancho Maria golf course 20 minutes or so north of Purisma. First time here. Very fun hilly tree-lined course. Started out 6 over after 5 holes highlighted by a beautiful triple bogey on #2(golf clap). Made a mental and swing adjustment and played the final 13 holes even par finishing with a 78.

Great day of golf with a buddy. Thanks Ron.
 Message #88739 - This was a reply to message #88732

Listing 1 to 10 of 10 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]