Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot March-2019 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot March-2019 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 11 to 20 of 31 Replies

PAGES: 4 1 2 3 4
mpisarski01
RE: What d'you shoot March-2019 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Grizzly Ranch

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday March 11, 2019 3:05 PM
Easily the worst round I have had in a while. Played Oak Creek 3/10 and could not put two shots together all day. Drives were going straight and sometimes a draw which for the people who know me is very bad because I normally have a fade. I hit 4 fairways 3 greens and had 35 putts. I may have had more chips than putts too.

Score was 49-47 = 96
 Message #90821 - This was a reply to message #90750
AndrewZ28
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Ben Hogan
Favorite Golf Course:
    La Purisima

Monday March 11, 2019 3:17 PM
Got to play my second round of 19' at Goat Hill this Saturday in my match and was pleasantly surprised. Hit a couple REALLY bad shots but found a way to make 4 birdies and shoot 70 (par 65). Now I get to overthink things and really screw myself up
 Message #90822 - This was a reply to message #90821
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Tuesday March 12, 2019 9:20 PM
85, 40-45 at Goose Creek (par 71) White tees (only a masochist would play the Blues on this day) mostly played well with 4 holes adding 10 strokes to card, UGH! Still way to many putts, but tee to green was fine. Love the Goose and when I like a course I usually play well.
 Message #90844 - This was a reply to message #90822
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Wednesday March 13, 2019 10:25 PM
My moment in time of a 7 index is over - LOL - brought down to earth by Goose Creek. Hit the driver well except on 12 - 14 which cost me dearly. Played the blue tees and was OK on them but iron game was lousy and a couple blow up holes turn my 6 over after 11 holes into 19 over after 18 holes. Shot 40 - 50. Hoping to rebound at Reflection Bay on Thursday.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #90851 - This was a reply to message #90747
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Friday March 15, 2019 12:13 AM
Such a fun day at Reflection Bay with Rob, Kevin and Phil "On Fire".

GK'er phunteratc put on an incredible putting show like I've never seen. Draining bomb from everywhere, hence Phil will now always be dubbed Phil On Fire to me.

As for me, solid round of golf ... until the last hole, we played the back nine first, shot a 39 and then the front nine rolled into last hole 6 over, played inthe sand box too much, got a double and shot 80. Overall still very pleased but man that last hole ate at me for hours on the drive home from Vegas tonight. H

Having way to many bad swings with my 3-hybrid and 2-iron I brought back that are costing me big time on the scorecard. So benching both. Will start playing much more conservative on long holes without the temptation to swing those clubs. Bet I start scoreing better. I know had I not touched those clubs at Goose Creek I would have shaved at least 5 strokes. Today would have broke 80 easy.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #90859 - This was a reply to message #90747
roarksown1

Favorite Golfer:
    Whoever's with me playing
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Sunday March 17, 2019 7:05 PM
The current golf game remains a shambles, but there was a hint at Balboa this Saturday that there was still some golfer left in me. I mean, it's Balboa. If you can't get it going here, where can you? So I started out strong on the front 9 with three straight pars and made the turn at a very respectable 3-over. I got to the 10th tee box and told myself, 'Okay, don't screw this up.' Yeah, about that … two bad shots and a poor chip followed by a very head-shaking FIVE-PUTT saw me putting up a 5-over 9 on that hole, followed by a triple on the next after missing an easy approach shot into the bunker. Recovered a bit for the rest of the round and even picked up my first par on the back 9 at the 16th hole, but finished double, double to shoot an incredibly disappointing 91 after an opening nine holes at 40. Retirement imminent? Maybe. Ugh. I can't deal with much more of this.
 Message #90871 - This was a reply to message #90859
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Monday March 18, 2019 10:19 AM
Balboa was the first regulation course I played. Played it more times then almost any other course. It can bite you. Holes 1, 6, 8, 12 (tough tee shot) and 17 are no push overs. I used to go to Woodley Lakes for a confidence boost. 40 front nine is solid on Balboa. 5 putt on hole 10 is hard to believe knowing how good of a putter you are.
 Message #90876 - This was a reply to message #90871
noeldaof

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday March 18, 2019 12:27 PM
Looks like a lot of fun and some good courses were played ^^^ there. way to go GK.

One round for me at the local Edwards AFB on a real beautiful Saturday- not a cloud in the skies and temps got up to high 60s. some winds in the last 4-5 holes of around 12-15 mph. I have no excuses. The course was also in good shape... really out of excuses.

So at the par 72 with rating 70.7/122, I shot 80: 9 bogies, 8 pars and a birdie.

Nine bogies sounds pretty bad, but the 80 was a score I'm happy about. But then again, when I look deeper, I shows 33 putts... I could blame both my putting and the chips/pitches. 'Can't get upset if I'm not working on... (not an excuse but if I type more thoughts, I bet I could find something)
JVGA
 Message #90877 - This was a reply to message #90876
roarksown1

Favorite Golfer:
    Whoever's with me playing
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Tuesday March 19, 2019 5:11 PM
QUOTED  [Posted By JohnnyGK on 03.18.2019 10:19 AM]
Balboa was the first regulation course I played. Played it more times then almost any other course. It can bite you. Holes 1, 6, 8, 12 (tough tee shot) and 17 are no push overs. I used to go to Woodley Lakes for a confidence boost. 40 front nine is solid on Balboa. 5 putt on hole 10 is hard to believe knowing how good of a putter you are.

Thanks for trying to make me feel better but we all know that anything over 82 at Balboa or Encino is a tragic result. And the putting was actually going great up until that hole - only 13 on the front. But golf. Appreciate the vote of confidence though buddy!
 Message #90883 - This was a reply to message #90876
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Tuesday March 19, 2019 6:48 PM
91, could not putt to save my life! After weeks of playing Torrey, Balboa park and last week at Goose Creek all with fast greens I just couldn't seem to hit the ball hard enough at Maderas, multiple 3 putts. Also I lost a few balls due to the hard fast running fairways and lack of rough (And a couple horrible swings). Pretty much the same story as has been lately my good holes are good, lots of pars and a birdie on 17, my bad holes ruin my score, a quad, a triple and two doubles, 11 strokes in 4 holes . . . I detect a pattern.

[[Edited by Rat-Patrol on Tuesday March 19, 2019 7:12 PM]]
 Message #90884 - This was a reply to message #90883

Listing 11 to 20 of 31 Replies

PAGES: 4 1 2 3 4

[ Community Page ]