Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot March-2019 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot March-2019 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 21 to 30 of 31 Replies

PAGES: 4 1 2 3 4
Alex326
RE: What d'you shoot March-2019 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday March 19, 2019 11:01 PM
Had 4 decent ball striking rounds this week with all rounds scoring in the mid to high 80's. Shot 87 today at Ridge Creek with a cold putter. Had several good looks at birdie throughout the day but only managed to convert one. Also had 3-4 three putt bogeys that were in very manageable 2 putt territory. Driver was solid all day long which always helps getting things going. Finished the back 9 with six pars including 5 out of the last 6 holes.
 Message #90885 - This was a reply to message #90884
tcmae

Favorite Golfer:
    Anyone except for Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Los Verdes

Wednesday March 20, 2019 7:40 AM
I played this past Saturday the 16th at Green River which was my first time playing the course. In January, finally got my dream iron set by picking up a preowned Callaway Apex CF16 but my game is on a big slump. I shot a 105 at Whispering Lakes for my only round in February, a 101 in Sand Canyon (Mountain/Desert 9s) and a 99 in Westin Mission Hills-Pete Dye Course in the month of January, and ending the year of 2018 by shooting a 44 in Penmar 9 Hole after scoring a nightmare 110 at Santa Anita for the month of December. I ended up hitting a large bucket the past Wednesday at the range at Eation Canyon. I wasn't able to play with my friend this past Friday or Saturday, so after looking on GolfNow, TeeOff, and Golfzing, I found a 12:15 tee time on GolfNow for Green River for $32. With a windy Saturday in Green River, I shot a 51 on the front 9 with one green on the par 3 #8 but ended up 3 putting #8 for a bogey which was disappointing. When I got to #10, I hit one of the best drives of the day down the middle, and hit the par 4 green, but ended up 3 putting for a bogey. But on #11, this is when i became red hot by hitting the green again on the par 4 #11, and 2 putting for par for the first par of the day. #12 and #13 was the same, hitting the green and 2 putting for par, so I had 4 straight greens and 3 straight pars to start off the back 9. On the downhill par 4 #14, hit a drive down the middle which rolled and was only 100 to the green. I ended up hitting the green from there, and finally 1 putted for a birdie which put me back to even par for the back 9 with 5 straight greens. On the par 4 #15, my GIR streak finally ended as I hit my approach short, but still was able to hit the green in 3, and went up and down for par, but my putt lipped out, so ended up with a bogey, and back to +1. Unfortunately, on the par 3 #16, I hit it in the water, and ended with a double 5. With back to back par 5s to end the back 9, on #17 shot a bogey 6 after hitting the green in 4 n 2 putting. On #18, I pushed my drive right, and it was a challenge to find my ball in that thick rough, but got lucky since my playing partner found it barried in the rough right before I was gonna drop. I hit a 4 iron and put it back on the fairway which gave me like 137 out for my 3rd shot. Unfortunately, I pulled my 3rd shot, and had a challenging time again finding my ball. I got lucky again, and found my ball on like a plant and had to hack out of the plant which put my short of the green. I ended up double bogeying the par 5 #18, and ended up shooting a 42 +6 on the back 9. So I was able to get over the hump by bouncing back and shooting a 42 on the back after a 51 on the front which added up to a 93. I'm pretty glad to say my game is back after struggling to break 100 over the past months, and the stretch from #10-#14 was probably the best I've played hitting 5 straight greens including 3 straight pars and a bogey, since I don't think I've ever hit 5 straight greens during a round.
 Message #90887 - This was a reply to message #90747
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Friday March 22, 2019 9:12 AM
Played Soule Park Tuesday with a Facebook friend and his outing. Loved it.

Learned although never to go heavy using my computer mouse with my left arm the day before golf. I'm ambidextrous with a mouse as you can imagine given all the computing I do. My left forearm was so tight it took 12 holes to loosen up enough to where I could take my normal full swing. Granted it was a cold wet morning. Anyway, shot a 86 and managed to go just 1 over on the last 6 holes. No birdies. Not an exciting round but only 2 double bogeys on the card which is good for me.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #90896 - This was a reply to message #90747
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Saturday March 23, 2019 8:15 PM
93, The Crossings, GK Cup match. Started off well then succumbed to trying to hard. Couldn't make putts even missing short almost gimmes until I nailed a long birdie putt on the par 3 14th to top the bird Andrew just made from the lower level up the steep ridge. Besides the first few holes, the bird and few well struck drives I was worthless and frustrated . . . not a good combo. Thanks to Andrew, Gary and Mike for putting up with my poor play and the angst thereof.
 Message #90909 - This was a reply to message #90896
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Grizzly Ranch

Saturday March 23, 2019 9:42 PM
Played CrossCreek today and had some issues with lost balls but was very good at scrambling for the most part. I went 43-47 after taking a total dump on 18 for my first triple of the day.
 Message #90910 - This was a reply to message #90909
noeldaof

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday March 25, 2019 11:18 AM
Saturday was a tough day with the constant winds at Muroc Lake GC- Edwards AFB 032319. I shot an adjusted 84 from 87.
1 birdie, 7 pars, 8 bogies, 2 doubles, and (drum roll please) 1 quintuple (an 8 on a par three.

The following day, Sunday, was a better day weather wise at Hansen Dam GC, and I also played a little better- I shot 80.
13 pars, 3 bogeys, and a triple...
JVGA
 Message #90920 - This was a reply to message #90910
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Wednesday March 27, 2019 7:49 PM
After scouring the internet all night for a course that was outside the radar Doppler, wasn't recently aerated and was in the general vicinity of heading to work, I settled on Hunter Ranch. Good solid conditions and a fun layout. After starting off with a double bogey due to two poor wedge shots, I settled down and went 2 over for the next 8 holes for a front nine 40. Was all smiles being that I was sticking it to the nasty wind.

But, then two more poor chip shots on 10, found water on the approach of 11, OB drive on 12 and wow 7 over in three holes. Add in a 4 putt after another water shot of 15 for a... gulp, second triple on the back nine and I walked away with a 53 on the back. There was a nasty crosswind on the back nine that didn't help but basically every hole I found a way to screw it up.
 Message #90943 - This was a reply to message #90920
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Thursday March 28, 2019 6:40 PM
97, adjusted to 93. Started bogie, par, par, bogie with some decent stuff going on and then tanked, I really suck. Knocked it in the hole for birdie from the front bunker to a front pin, pure perfection, thump, spin, release, dropped in a t perfect speed (in fact both of the other times I was in green side bunkers I left myself tap ins). Three pars on the back the rest pure caca, I suck.
 Message #90948 - This was a reply to message #90943
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Saturday March 30, 2019 10:17 AM
Relax Rat, your day will come. Golf comes and goes but when we got it it's the greatest!
High school league is well into the season. A couple of the beginning golfers have really improved. Our top golfer was ranked #16 in the league. He had a bad round last Tuesday but at Ashwood he pulled it together. Had a par on 8 a tough par 3 into the wind, then birdied 9 . Decent drive but in the rough then hit the flag on the approach and made a 3 footer for bird. Awesome to watch. Finished on 1 with a bogey but shot 49. Anxious to see where he ranks next week!
 Message #90969 - This was a reply to message #90948
noeldaof

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday April 2, 2019 1:49 PM
Got on at 2:07 tee time at Coronado GC for $25 to walk last Sunday- first time there. Hit the ball good all day and didn't score well.
The greens were hard- I mean landing anywhere on the green just bounces up high and forward, but landing before the green isn't a good option either with its kikuyu grass or whatever it is- it was spongy and kills any roll for most high/soft shots.

Anyway, I don't have my stats but I was very happy with the 87 there (not).. I had a birdie on #14 (fw n reg. 1 putt) but that was it. everything else was to save par on a putt- a few I saved, but mostly did not.

I sure would like to play that again on better suited greens conditions.. don't get me wrong- the greens rolled smoothly and must have been 11 on stimp meter, but it was hard- it's even difficult to fix any old ball divots. They started aeration yesterday- that could be a reason why the greens were hard.
JVGA
 Message #90988 - This was a reply to message #90920

Listing 21 to 30 of 31 Replies

PAGES: 4 1 2 3 4

[ Community Page ]