Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot April-2019 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot April-2019 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 11 to 20 of 28 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3
kviser
RE: What d'you shoot April-2019 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event LA-GK-Meetup-Winner: LA GK Meetup Winner

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    River Ridge

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday April 10, 2019 11:47 AM
Thanks, Noel!

I also played Santa Anita once many years ago with Tony and his Meetup.com/LA Golf Group and enjoyed the course very much.

Congrats on your 81; too bad it wasn't enough!
 Message #91040 - This was a reply to message #91039
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Friday April 12, 2019 6:44 PM
Had a depressing round at Ashwood with the golf team. Shot 9 over 41 on Mesquite course. Had a bad case of rights! Right in the bunker, right in the ditch... you get the idea. Putted well but the rest was just bad.
As for the team our top player has faltered a bit and dropped to 20th. One of our forst year players has moved up to 25th. Only the yop 16 go on to championship tourny so we are hoping he can get it back and advance.
 Message #91057 - This was a reply to message #91040
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Sunday April 14, 2019 7:43 PM
Played Palm Desert Resort. Had an OK round. Started with 2 pars out of the gate. Only made 1 more the rest of the day but it was the signature par 3 150 yards over the water. Hit a solid tee shot and had a big breaking putt for bird. Left it a foot short for a tap in par. After that it was a typical round. Hit all 7 fairways on the front. Then started to struggle a bit and my back cramped up. Played through it and hit the last 4 fairways to go 11 for 14 fairways. Course is in nice shape. Greens a little slow but bunkers were fluffy and soft. Shot 92. Not what I was hoping for but still a bit of rust to work out and conditioning to do. Unfortunately I am scheduled for knee replacement surgery May 21st. Hope to get in one GK plays before. Doc says I can return to golf in 6 weeks so early to mid July! Hope to see you out there before at Desert Willow I think!
 Message #91060 - This was a reply to message #91057
abbacat

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Sunday April 14, 2019 8:23 PM
I rarely have a round that I feel is worthy of mentioning here, but today, I did.
I played San Juan Hills and shot a 96 with 32 putts. My previous best at SJH was 101.
It's been a challenge trying to get my swing back after the two surgeries last year but I'm definitely feeling good about the improvement.

[[Edited by abbacat on Monday April 15, 2019 4:04 AM]]
 Message #91061 - This was a reply to message #91060
noeldaof

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday April 16, 2019 12:49 PM
Wow, I had an adjusted score of 91 last Saturday. Unusual but not impossible. LOL
Just lack of concentration which leads to not hitting the ball. The mind was just someplace else.
I think I hit two fairways and one green.
Very frustrating day.
JVGA
 Message #91089 - This was a reply to message #91061
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Grizzly Ranch

Tuesday April 16, 2019 1:54 PM
Had a good day at Shadowridge on Sat. I went 40-40 with an eagle and a birdie. The eagle was my hole of the day, 305 yard par 4 landed on the green and left a 30 footer for eagle. The putt lipped the edge and wrapped all the way around before falling in. Strangely enough my worst holes were the par 5's. I lost the drive into lateral hazards on 3 of the 4 par 5's. Sad moment of the day was a 5 footer on 18 for birdie and a 79 missed the cup completely.
 Message #91090 - This was a reply to message #91089
RDDenn

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Barona Creek

Tuesday April 16, 2019 1:56 PM
Funky game. Thought I had turned a corner from my mediocre play the last few months, shooting several good scores in a row including a couple in the 70s and an 80 in a tournament at Goose Creek the first weekend in April, after dumping my drive in the water on 18 and doubling that hole. Couple of stellar skins and consistent play until the mental error on the last hole.

Then, played from the Blues at Los Verdes last weekend. Playing mediocre to start, 42 on the front parring the first three holes then bogeying the next four and doubling the 9th. Parred 10-12, maybe could finish strong, only to end up shanking at least one shot on each of the next four holes, and duffing a chip or two. Somehow got out of the nightmare (desperately avoiding hearing any Masters score and wishing I had stayed home to watch it) finishing bogey, par, bogey. 85, but it felt a lot worse.

Can't wait to get out there again.
 Message #91091 - This was a reply to message #90978
roarksown1

Favorite Golfer:
    Whoever's with me playing
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Wednesday April 17, 2019 12:54 PM
QUOTED  Sad moment of the day was a 5 footer on 18 for birdie and a 79 missed the cup completely.

Wow Matt - 18 at Shadowridge is one of the toughest closers around. That must have been one heck of a second shot to get it within five feet!
 Message #91104 - This was a reply to message #91090
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Grizzly Ranch

Wednesday April 17, 2019 2:43 PM
QUOTED  That must have been one heck of a second shot

It was actually my drive that was spectacular. I pulled the drive left but absolutely mashed it. After realizing that there is a fairway just to the left of the creek 280 yards out I hit a provisional and crossed my fingers that I could find the first one. Sure enough The drive landed 5 yards into the fairway and left me a nice easy 105 yard wedge that I landed 10 feet past the hole and spun back 15 feet. unfortunately the knee-knocker putt got me this time.
 Message #91105 - This was a reply to message #91104
leef2020

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack & Jordan
Favorite Golf Course:
    Baltusrol

Wednesday April 17, 2019 11:34 PM
Playing Black Gold today, my best ever on the par3 #8. From the whites, 166 yard dead into a 2-club wind. Hit a 3 wood 3.5 feet hole-high to the pin in the middle of the green, aligned to the left side of the bunker. A beautiful shot, if I must say so! And... made the putt for a birdie - straight in, ignoring the possible Anaheim effect.

Rest of the round was good, but uneventful. 86 on they day - a decent round for me. Also, found 4 balls and lost none!
 Message #91108 - This was a reply to message #90978

Listing 11 to 20 of 28 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3

[ Community Page ]