Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot October-2019 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot October-2019 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 7 of 7 Replies

PAGES: 1
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot October-2019 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday October 1, 2019 9:53 AM
Cleared a lot of humps last month with getting the app launch and making 100's of calls to golf courses for aeration alerts. This month need to find a new place to rent for my family as the landlord wants us out at the end of month. But I can see the November light at the end of the tunnel with a lot of catch up golf. Had a little pipe dream of playing some local dawn patrol golf to help me with my lack of playing withdraws so we'll see. Man I miss playing. But at least I can read up on GK'ers experiences in reviews, here and on the GK mobile app.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #92507
mpisarski01
RE: What d'you shoot October-2019 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Grizzly Ranch

Saturday October 5, 2019 4:58 PM
So even with the torn muscle in my shoulder I could pass up a trip to Vegas with my brother and buddies. Played Royal links today and had an eventful day. Easy accurate swings kept me in play all day started the day by hitting 3 of the first 5 GIR but no birdies and two bogeys. Ended the front nine with 3 straight birdies to go out in 38. Now my mind is thinking too far ahead to sub 80. I bogey ten and 11 birdie 12 for my new personal best 4th birdie of the day. A couple of bogeys and I need to finish +2 or better on the final 3 holes. Here comes the crash. I go Triple double double finish losing my first ball of the day on 18 drive.

Overall I was very happy with an 85 and one lost ball but I can only think what could’ve been. I hit 8 GIR and 9 FIR. The pain is in the shoulder but having fun on vacation always makes things better.
 Message #92535 - This was a reply to message #92507
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Saturday October 5, 2019 8:29 PM
QUOTED  The pain is in the shoulder but having fun on vacation always makes things better.

I'm like you as you know. Great experience > Pain - Great Round!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #92536 - This was a reply to message #92535
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Monday October 7, 2019 4:55 PM
We missed you by a day Matt! Played Reflection Bay on Saturday with the old gang of Brian and Tobi and Donna and Willie joining Chris and I! Started off with a triple and struggled to get going. Finally did and the highlight of the day was on the first par 3 on the back 9. Brian said "OK a dollar for closest to the pin." I said "I"m in for a dollar." Willie went first and his shot looked to be pin high to the right but looking good. I hit my 8 clean and straight at the flag. Drops and checks up about 3 feet from the pin. Best part was I made the birdie!. Shot 96 but don't have the card but I did manage a few pars but not sure how many. On Sunday we took advantage of the voucher I won for Royal Links! Right off the bat make bogie so am 2 strokes ahead of yesterday! Then Par Par! Made double on the next but played solid. Had 4 pars on the front with a 42. Back 9 started double double but got back in the groove. Only 3 pars on the back but 2 came on 17 and 18! Highlight of the day was my last putt on 18! Was pin high in 4 but about 30 feet away. Pin was on a slight slope to the back of the green. Hit the putt and thought I might have hit it too hard. The ball tracked straight and in the last 3 feet broke left and right in the heart! Finished with a 44 for a super 86! It was perfect to play two courses that are so different. Beautiful views and elevation changes at Reflection Bay and Royal Links all rolling hills and tight fairways! Miss our friends already but what an awesome weekend!
I almost forgot to mention this was only my 3rd and 4th full rounds of golf since my surgery. Am scheduled to have the right knee done November 12th. I hope to be ready to tear it up next spring!

[[Edited by SBogey on Monday October 7, 2019 7:47 PM]]
 Message #92538 - This was a reply to message #92536
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Grizzly Ranch

Tuesday October 8, 2019 9:15 AM
Well I guess it was GK weekend at Royal links and reflection bay. After having a great round Saturday at Royal. Reflection decided it wanted to show its teeth. I had the worst start to a round I think ever. After hitting fairway on one. I did not get enough on my next shot and landed in the water. Took my drop and spun one off the front and back into the water. Then followed it up with a chunk splash. Boom made a 10. Next hole I had a decent drive then skulled one into the face of the sand only to blast over the green and then back into sand for a 8. Nothing like being 10 over through 2. I calmed down a bit but no birdies and a a up and down round for a 95
 Message #92539 - This was a reply to message #92535
noeldaof

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday October 9, 2019 11:18 AM
At the Classic Club last Sunday... on our last five holes, I had a terrible case of the CRAMPS!!!!! ...it was embarrassing and had me on the ground a few times. 37/48 ugh.... dam!7..
JVGA
 Message #92542 - This was a reply to message #92536
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Wednesday October 9, 2019 5:11 PM
Sorry to hear that Noel! Not sure I want to know what kind of cramps but either way that would be a horrible way to finish a round!
 Message #92544 - This was a reply to message #92542

Listing 1 to 7 of 7 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]