GK Cup 14 Sign ups
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack, Freddie, Tiger
Favorite Golf Course:
    Maderas Olivas Sherwood

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday June 4, 2019 5:36 PM
Sign up Deadline for GK CUP 14 is June 23, 2019. Sign-ups are limited to the first 32 eligible participants, after which we will accept alternates.

First round matches should begin in July, 2019 and are projected to go into the October-November timeframe for the final match.

GK CUP Sign-Up Instructions:

Please message GK username: Nickesquire or Nickesquire1.
- When you are logged in you will see a message envelope in the top right corner of the screen.
- If you are having trouble messaging Nickesquire, then please e-mail: Golf@Greenskeeper.org.

We need the following information from you:
• Your GK username
• Your Last Name
• Your First Name
• Your Contact # (cellphone)
• Your E-mail Contact (personal E-mail)
• What city do you play out of?
• GHIN # (or if you are using GK Scoretracker, what is your current index?)
• Choice of geographic area? (North, South, East, West)

Please remember that the GK CUP Match Play "footprint" has frequently had competitors that live 75 to 150 miles apart playing in later rounds. The "regions" are loosely based to primarily facilitate closer early round match-ups. In committing to play in GK CUP 14, please keep in mind that the farther you advance, the more distance there is likely to be between you and your opponent. Therefore, accommodating both parties may be impossible. Be realistic with yourself. If you are only willing/able to play on Sunday mornings at your home club, then this format is not for you.

You can request any region to play in, your choice. Could be based on your home location, your work location, where you usually play or where you desire to play. There is no correct or incorrect region, completely your option. There are only 8 available slots per region. Therefore, if more people volunteer than there are spaces available, someone(s) will be slotted in a neighboring region.

Most North area competitors usually live north of Los Angeles.

Most West area competitors usually live in western Los Angeles and northern Orange Counties.

Most East area competitors usually live in eastern Los Angeles and eastern Orange Counties, and anywhere in San Bernardino or Riverside Counties.

Most South area competitors usually live in southern Orange County and anywhere in San Diego County.

This is a handicapped, match-play event. All competitors are expected to post all rounds played and maintain current handicap indexes. Either official USGA handicaps or the GK Scoretracker are acceptable in this format. If using a GHIN or other system for an "official" handicap, we do NOT wait on the normal 1st/15th of the month handicap revisions for changes in handicap. We ALWAYS use the current "trend" so that in any handicap system utilized all competitors are using their most recent 20 rounds played.

It is the responsibility of all competitors to have current and verifiable handicap information for their opponent. It is the responsibility of the match opponents to request and verify current handicap information. Screenshots that include the current index plus the date and place of the competitors most 20 current rounds are recommended. Preferably BEFORE the match so all parties can determine course handicaps and the stroke differences for each set of tees that may be utilized.

All competitors may play any set of tees they choose, with course handicaps for tee differences adjusted accordingly. Step one, figure the course handicap based on the slope of the tees played. Step two, use course ratings from the tees played to adjust for the difference in tee boxes played.

In the past few GK CUPs, I have tried to match up 1st round opponents with competitors who live close by. Hopefully within 20 miles. However, I avoid scheduling first round rematches whenever possible.

My goal is a transparent bracket laid out before the first match is played with no byes if possible. GK CUP 14 will be a maximum of 5 single elimination rounds. Therefore, 32 is the maximum amount of participants. Should we have less than a full 32 person field, we may again have a three person handcapped medal play 4th round with the two low scores advancing to the final match play match.

So Cal group
1-Rat-Patrol
2-Mpisarski01
3-Lotrgolfer48
4-Fastfish433
5-Dconnally
6-Apisarski
7-Gary00
8-Gregholla
9-Itslikeimsayin
10-Roarksown1
11-Golferic420
12-Kassper7
13-Caligolfer1031
14-MrKich
15-
16-

Central and Nor Cal group
1-Alex326
2-Deepsea14
3-Mneilson
4-Dbev606
5-CenCalGolfer33
6-Eli1488
7-
8-

[[Edited by Nickesquire on Tuesday June 18, 2019 1:54 PM]]
The goal is long and straight! But on the many times I cannot seem to hit them straight, I at least want to hit them long!
 Message #91519
Rat-Patrol
RE: GK Cup 14 Sign ups

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Tuesday June 4, 2019 6:28 PM
Put me in coach, I'm ready to play
 Message #91520 - This was a reply to message #91519
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Tuesday June 4, 2019 7:56 PM
Sounds like a perfect opportunity to debut a new outfit.
 Message #91521 - This was a reply to message #91520
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Grizzly Ranch

Tuesday June 4, 2019 10:22 PM
mE!
 Message #91522 - This was a reply to message #91521
Nickesquire

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack, Freddie, Tiger
Favorite Golf Course:
    Maderas Olivas Sherwood

Thursday June 13, 2019 2:50 PM
Due to the can do and enthuastic lead of Alex326, the last few GK Cups have spread out of it's normal So Cal footprint.

This GK Cup, I am attempting to get together at least 8 Central and Northern California golfers. That would form a nice 3 round, 8 player POD setup with one survivor heading to round 4.

Because of the distances involved, thinking outside the box. We are shooting for a weekend in July or August where we could get together a couple of 4somes of GK Cuppers somewhere on the Monterrey peninsula and play a few rounds and basically get the entire group played in a weekend. Hopefully Alex and John can use their connections and secure some favorable rates?

So if you are from central or northern California and have never participated in a GK Cup, think about it? It may be more doable than you think.
The goal is long and straight! But on the many times I cannot seem to hit them straight, I at least want to hit them long!
 Message #91589 - This was a reply to message #91522
michaelko
NorCal Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Thursday June 13, 2019 3:55 PM
hmmmm, i would be interested... but timing is always bad for me... if the dates work, i'd play... from SacTown.
 Message #91590 - This was a reply to message #91589
dconnally

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

Monday June 17, 2019 4:34 PM
OK, so where is everybody?!
Remember, we could be at work!!
 Message #91616 - This was a reply to message #91590
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Monday June 17, 2019 5:28 PM
Michaelko- We have a nor cal/ Central Valley bracket this year..... Furthest you'd have to travel for the first three rounds would be one trip to Monterey!!

And Rumor has it the final is going to be at Quail Lodge this year. Just thought I'd start lobbying now.
 Message #91618 - This was a reply to message #91616
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Grizzly Ranch

Tuesday June 18, 2019 9:00 AM
APISARSKI would like to join as well.
 Message #91622 - This was a reply to message #91522