divotnjay
Pebble Beach Suggestions

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Nicklaus
Favorite Golf Course:
    Torrey Pines South

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday February 20, 2017 12:18 AM
Yo, my fellow Gker's. Love you all. First time posting anything on the "forum". Looking for advice on Pebble. Have a group of 4-8 of us thinking of going in a few years for our 50th "bday". (Bandon is a possibility, but leaning to Pebble). Any advice is welcome, deals, packages, what to do while we're there, etc. I'm open for all conversation. I appreciate everyone's input and apologize if I don't return the input, as I am "technically challenged" and might know how to reply. thankx
 Message #82513
sngernz
RE: Pebble Beach Suggestions

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Bubba!
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spyglass Hill

Monday February 20, 2017 1:02 PM
QUOTED  Have a group of 4-8 of us thinking of going in a few years for our 50th "bday".

I guess there's nothing like planning ahead, divotnjay.

My suggestion is to make sure you have a full group so you don't get paired with people who have 'play Pebble Beach' on their bucket list ... and bring a lot of money.
 Message #82515 - This was a reply to message #82513
24hourgolf

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday February 20, 2017 2:52 PM
If you want a package deal, then suggest you contact PB directly and work something out with them and see what they can arrange. You will get the best deals/information by dealing directly with PB personnel. That way you can take advantage of playing Spyglass and Spanish Bay.

Or, you can find accommodations in and around Monterey and play the many courses in the area (all listed here on GK) and just book PB as a one day event?

All depends upon what you want, how much you want to spend?

Enjoy.
 Message #82517 - This was a reply to message #82513
kviser

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event LA-GK-Meetup-Winner: LA GK Meetup Winner

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    River Ridge

Monday February 20, 2017 8:09 PM
Pebble Beach has a long running "special" you can get through their website or by calling directly. $2295 includes two nights at the Inn at Spanish Bay, and one round at Pebble Beach and a round at either Spanish Bay or Spyglass. This has been about the same deal that they have been running for quite some time. I would guess it will be about the same in a few years.

The big benefit is you can book your rounds well in advance. That way you can give yourself time to hit nearby courses in the afternoon.

If you are not staying on their property you might not have the ability to book very far in advance. The big advantage there is you will not be paying all that money just to stay at their property.

I will say that if you do stay at the resort, you will find the customer service is about the best you can get.
 Message #82519 - This was a reply to message #82517
2xAlbatross
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Lee Trevino
Favorite Golf Course:
    The Ranch

Thursday March 2, 2017 11:15 PM
Depending on the time of year and your your budget I've played it for $250 a couple of days before X-mas in sunny75 degree weather to full price $495 in the summer with the fog and 50 degrees. I live within a couple hours drive but have stayed in the area for moderate prices $75-110 range when I participated in NCGA tournaments. If you really want to open the check book.. my friend rented The Woods house on the 14th hole for $7,000 a week (just Google it)but it will be a 50th that nobody will ever forget. It over looks the cliff on the 8th hole and you can hit wedges from the deck to the 8th hole (after hours)We seen Ronnie Lott teeing it up on the 15th and the place basically turns into a park after 7pm you can walk around the course and stroll down to the 7th hole or go ball hounding. You can have food catered from the resort or go into Carmel-Cannery Row.
 Message #82658 - This was a reply to message #82519

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]