Phil Mickelson Instructional Video
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Danny Lee
Favorite Golf Course:
    Medowlark

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday March 30, 2017 11:34 PM
For those with nothing to do, or who really want to dive deep into the short game, Phil Mickelson's excellent instructional video's have been put on you tube. Honestly the production value is among the best I have seen. He makes a good case for the technique he is promoting, based on his training with Pelz. The videos are free.

There are two video's comprising the short game, each lasts a little over an hour.

Phil Mickleson Secrets Of The Short Game-Part 1 FULL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhzY7TIMnMU&t=2723s

Phil Mickleson Secrets Of The Short Game-Part 2 FULL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBv_OA8ZE3A
 Message #83067
leef2020
RE: Phil Mickelson Instructional Video

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack
Favorite Golf Course:
    Baltusrol

Thursday March 30, 2017 11:56 PM
Have seen those and give a 'thumbs up' to them. Very entertaining and informative. Just today I received from the Callaway preowned site, a nice 'like new' black, PM-Grind 58 degree wedge at 40% off, less my trade-in on a few Cleveland wedges that were sitting in my club bin. I look forward to being able to hit shots backwards, just like Phil ;-) .

I think the thing I've implemented/soaked up the most is his bit on putting, his points on the initial/total arc of a putt for which one needs to allow on putts with break. It is much more than we typically think.

His points are valid. How can you argue with one of the game's best short-game artists?
 Message #83068 - This was a reply to message #83067
grantar2
RE: Phil Mickelson Instructional Video

Favorite Golfer:
    Danny Lee
Favorite Golf Course:
    Medowlark

Friday March 31, 2017 2:16 PM
leef2020,

I have to ask since you have watched the lesson series, do you find yourself watching your playing partners and saying yep didn't read enough break and developing percentages for the round? I know I do.

It's also interesting listening to if people blame, the break, pace or the green, and then analyzing what they actually did.

I feel challenged by the idea of a 50 yard chip shot. At 50 yards I tend to go with a pitch shot hit with a sand wedge, and at 30 yards with a 60 degree lob wedge. Now I am looking at the shots a little differently. Also the help on fluffy vs thin lies was very useful.
 Message #83075 - This was a reply to message #83068

Listing 1 to 3 of 3 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]