Help to find a golf push cart for me-thanks

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday April 20, 2017 10:28 PM
Howdy,
This is Simon, a newbie but a passionate golfer. I am on the Green since this January. But, I facing problem to find the golf push cart.
I have a list of some golf carts. Can anyone help me out finding the best golf push cart for me from here http://bestgolfcart.com/best-golf-push-carts-reviews/

Your help will be appreciated!

[[Edited by simon20 on Thursday April 20, 2017 10:28 PM]]
 Message #83392
criley_4way
RE: Help to find a golf push cart for me-thanks

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday April 20, 2017 10:47 PM
Most people will say you can't go wrong with the Clickgear. They are easy to use and really well made.
 Message #83394 - This was a reply to message #83392
leef2020
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack
Favorite Golf Course:
    Baltusrol

Thursday April 20, 2017 11:28 PM
I bought a CaddyTek about 30 months ago for $99.00, which was a great deal, imho, and am very happy with it.

Costco used to carry it, but it's not currently listed on their site. Amazon has it, but it's now about $150, depending on wheel and trim colors, so the price difference between it and a clicgear is much less inviting.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HK7CADG/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_1_w

Was just at Golf Galaxy today in Brea, and they had plenty of options to get up close and personal look to be sure you're satisfied with the build quality and options.
 Message #83395 - This was a reply to message #83392
larryq2001

Favorite Golfer:
    Ernie Els
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bailey Creek

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday April 21, 2017 9:05 AM
Had two Sun Mountain 3 wheeler's over the years. Can’t remember the model of the first one I bought several years ago but it had the old rubber tires with inner tubes. Never had a flat tire and it lasted for about 12 years until the spokes on the tires gave way. I did a patch job by cutting up old metal coat hangers and installing them as spokes. That worked for a while but decided to upgrade.

I bought the Sun Mountain V1 Speed Cart ($179 on line) about 3 years ago. 6 months ago, the right wheel collapsed and broke while on the course (they’re plastic tires). Decided to call Sun Mountain to see if I could buy a new one and they sent me a new one free of charge, outside of warranty and no questions asked. Nice of them but I am thinking this is probably a common flaw for this model.

Except for the wheel, it has worked just fine. Hasn't rusted either as I usually wash it down after I play. Its stable and has a mesh net to hold some light storage like head covers, phone, GPS device or flask! :-) Folds up easily. Has an umbrella mount which is nice but I am fairly tall so my head hits the top of the umbrella. The brake is on the push handle which is easy to operate.

A few folks that I know have Clicgears’ and really like them. Durable, light and easy to push they say. Kind of steep in price (around $210-$225 if not more) but would consider going to Clicgear when my Sun Mountain gives way.
 Message #83400 - This was a reply to message #83392
Mrkich

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Canyon

Friday April 21, 2017 9:22 AM
I've got a BagBoy QuadXL and love it. Big fan of the 4 wheels since I let it roll down hills on its own and play a fairly hilly course as my home course. Deciding factors for me were quality (equal with ClicGear, above everything else), price (better than ClicGear), an accessible pouch while walking, and a solid, built in cup holder. ClicGear has more accessories available if that's important for you.
 Message #83401 - This was a reply to message #83392
robule

Favorite Golfer:
    Couples, Ko, Day
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Friday April 21, 2017 10:44 AM
Have the same caddytec that Leef posted. Works great and folds up easily. Got it from Costco for 119 around Thanksgiving time last year.

Figured out a trick to keep it from unfolding when loading/moving it. Use one of the bag securing straps wrapped around the frame. Keeps it from coming open when picking it up.
 Message #83402 - This was a reply to message #83401
24hourgolf

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday April 21, 2017 11:33 AM
I had the Sun Mt V 2 for several years. Worked great until one of my playing partners hit a wheel with his power cart. I researched several of the carts you listed and those of others. Sadly found out S Mt does not make the V 2 anymore. And repair was not an option.

I settled on the Sun Mt Micro 3 four wheel cart and love it. Easy to open and close. Folds down to a small square so storing it in the car is a breeze.

Much easier to push and navigate with 4 wheels vs 3 and much much lighter, with the all aluminum body.

Once at the course it takes literally minutes to unfold and get it ready for the bag. Has nice bungee cords to hold bag on. It came with a mesh storage net under the handles; beverage holder; umbrella holder and a very nice storage compartment, with a magnetic score card holder on top (great for the cell phone and car keys). I recently purchased the storage bag, which attaches with velcro straps and is a great addition for more storage and also purchased the carry bag to store the cart when putting it into the car.

I purchased it in P S @ Pete Carlson's and got a great deal. Regularly $199, they had it on sale for $177 and then gave me an additional 20% off and total out the door with tax was $148.

Very happy with this cart and this purchase and highly recommend it.
 Message #83403 - This was a reply to message #83392
BrianH

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Friday April 21, 2017 12:13 PM
I have the Clic-gear and love it. A buddy of mine that walks with me every round has the Caddytec mentioned above. The designs are almost identical. Caddytec is cheaper, but the Clic-gear again has more add-on options. We both personally love ours and if I had to do it again, I would get still get the Clic-gear as some of the addons have come in handy, and I like the positioning of the grip on the Clic-gear better.

[[Edited by BrianH on Friday April 21, 2017 2:27 PM]]
 Message #83404 - This was a reply to message #83403
wdement

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Silver Oak Golf Course

Friday April 21, 2017 2:55 PM
I have the Clicgear 3.0 and have put a lot of miles on it. The only thing I've had to replace is the elastic cord that holds the score card. The cart is one of the best golf equipment purchases I've ever made.

I added the pouch cooler, fully adjustable umbrella holder and sand bottle.

Good luck with your decision. Next thing you will need to decide on is a comfortable walking golf shoe.
 Message #83407 - This was a reply to message #83392
lamitchw

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pacific Dunes

Friday April 21, 2017 4:06 PM
My wife and I both have the Clic gear 3.5. We use them almost every weekend and absolutely love them. Had an issue with a screw stripping on hers, called the company and they walked me through finding the exact screw/nut needed and shipped it out for free immediately. One of the things I love is the multitude of add ons you can buy to customize it for yourself. The adjustable umbrella holder is worth it's weight in gold. Definitely worth the money.

[[Edited by lamitchw on Friday April 21, 2017 4:09 PM]]

[[Edited by lamitchw on Friday April 21, 2017 4:09 PM]]
 Message #83408 - This was a reply to message #83407

Listing 1 to 10 of 22 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3

[ Community Page ]