2017 Golf Trips

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Anyone who sets up left
Favorite Golf Course:
    CRYSTALAIRE

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday May 18, 2017 12:35 PM
So by now many of the courses are done with aeration and many have healed, but there are some still on schedule to be done.

With that in mind, I'd like to invite ALL GK'ers to share with us your golf trips in mind or have scheduled or have done so far in the current year. If you have already done your trip(s) please let us all know which course(s) were the one that left you most impressing and why. ('hope that's not too much to ask, is it?)

It prompt me to start this post because I see it in social media as the summer comes closer and I'm seeing some great stuff from some of you whom are also connected with me in the social media.

I hope to have this as a fun thread with hopes to inspire others to maybe take that same trip you just did.

(I'll be posting mine as soon as I get confirmation)
Play from a position!
 Message #83733
mpisarski01
RE: 2017 Golf Trips

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Thursday May 18, 2017 1:13 PM
I'm doing a mini vegas trip in 3 weeks that includes Wolf Creek, Conestoga, and Paiute wolf.

Then in August I am road tripping with some friends up to Idaho for the solar eclipse and plan on stopping at sierra star in mammoth on the way, Plus a few rounds including a eclipse round while in Idaho.
 Message #83734 - This was a reply to message #83733
weber

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Jordan
Favorite Golf Course:
    George Dunne (ILL)

Thursday May 18, 2017 1:19 PM
I currently have two golf trips scheduled for this year. The first in June will take me to Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia and Tennessee.

My second trip in August will take me to the east coast, so that I can finally try to play Bethpage Black, then onto Delaware, Rhode Island, Vermont, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Connecticut. I also have tee times scheduled to play Cabot Links and Cabot Cliffs in Nova Scotia. (The rounds at Cabot and Bethpage will be the highlight of that trip.

I am trying to finish off my quest to play a round of gold in every state, so if I am able to complete all my scheduled rounds, I will be only a few short of my goal. Weather is the biggest concern I have whenever I travel. Living in So Cal makes one very spoiled !

Perhaps in October, I will get back up to the Sacramento area to play a few of my favorites and try a couple new courses.

[[Edited by weber on Thursday May 18, 2017 1:20 PM]]

[[Edited by weber on Thursday May 18, 2017 1:31 PM]]
 Message #83735 - This was a reply to message #83733
roarksown1

Favorite Golfer:
    Whoever's with me playing
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Thursday May 18, 2017 2:13 PM
I'm off to Colorado on June 14 to play Colorado Golf Club on 6/15, Meridian Golf Club on 6/16 and The Ridge at Castle Pines on 6/17. In July there will be a Las Vegas weekend worked between work days out there on 7/7 and 7/10, meaning two great days of golf and a likely trip to Paiute one day and then wide open for the next - Shadow Creek anyone?
 Message #83737 - This was a reply to message #83735
lamitchw

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pacific Dunes

Thursday May 18, 2017 3:46 PM
I'm going with a group of 12 guys to Bandon Dunes on June 17. We'll play 18 day of arrival, 36 the next 2 days, and hopefully 18 or Preserve before coming home on Tuesday. So excited!! It's not the best time for me to go work-wise, but my coach is organizing this trip and through him we all get half priced rooms , and all rounds are $125. It's too good of a deal to pass up.

The wife and I are heading back out to Palm Springs over Memorial Day weekend to take advantage of some of the Underpar deals we've purchased. We'll hopefully get to play 36 at Shadow Ridge, and then the next day will be La Quinta Mountain followed up by PGA West Stadium. So much amazing golf in my future!
 Message #83738 - This was a reply to message #83733
caligolfer1031

Favorite Golfer:
    Adam Scott, Bubba Watson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spyglass Hill

Thursday May 18, 2017 4:23 PM
I am officially jealous of each and every one of you. Great trips!

Enjoy and I look forward to reading highlights of these trips.
 Message #83739 - This was a reply to message #83738
larryq2001

Favorite Golfer:
    Ernie Els
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bailey Creek

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday May 18, 2017 7:52 PM
Interesting post. I will be going up to Northern California on Memorial Day weekend to play in college reunion tournament at Bailey Creek. Along the way we will be stopping in Sacramento area to play Auburn Valley and then to Chico to play Canyon Oaks.

Returning and immediately heading out to Palm Springs to play in the SCGA 4 day Bob Hope Trail outing.

In October, heading to Vegas to play in a two day tournament at Boulder Creek.

In December heading out to Palm Springs to play in a 2 day tournament known as the “Bubba Classic, The Final Major of the Year” :-)

Hopefully, I can schedule a another trip sometime this year.
 Message #83740 - This was a reply to message #83733
evildrummerhb

Favorite Golfer:
    Hunter, Phil, Freddie C.
Favorite Golf Course:
    Emerald Canyon

Thursday May 18, 2017 9:02 PM
Not sure about the rest of the year, but I already hit Lake Havasu (Emerald Canyon and The Refuge) and Borrego Springs (Rams Hill, Borrego Springs Resort and De Anza Country Club). Of course Rams Hill was the best, and Emerald Canyon is still my favorite track anywhere...but Borrego Springs Resort was a big surprise. The layout and conditions were miles above my expectations.
 Message #83741 - This was a reply to message #83733
UNCLEDDBOY23

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Whistling Straits

Friday May 19, 2017 12:53 AM
This is a pretty cool thread ... heading to Indiana next month for kind of a celebration/memorial for a friend's father who passed away in October of 2015. He was an avid golfer who loved the game, and we will be having an "invitational" in his honor. It will be at his home course (Lakeside) which he worked at, played at and taught his three sons the game of golf. While in Indiana we also plan on playing at Rock Hollow and Purgatory ... yes, that is the name of the course. It is going to be a good time celebrating his life and the memories that we all shared. His favorite line after a good shot was ... "not bad for me".
 Message #83742 - This was a reply to message #83733
UNCLEDDBOY23

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Whistling Straits

Friday May 19, 2017 12:57 AM
Jealous ... Bethpage Black, Cabot Cliffs and Cabot Links. Enjoy!
 Message #83743 - This was a reply to message #83735

Listing 1 to 10 of 32 Replies

PAGES: 4 1 2 3 4

[ Community Page ]