Hello, Albuquerque Area

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday August 31, 2017 5:24 PM
We’re driving from SoCal down to the Houston area to see family next month (October). This trip was planned before the horrific damage from Hurricane Harvey recently, so that’s added to the impetus to get down to see the many parents, aunts, siblings, cousins, nieces and nephews in the wife’s large family. Some of them got some pretty bad damage as a result of all the flooding, so that part of the visit is liable to be pretty somber. But everyone is OK and it will be good to see them again.

By taking a northern route with the objective of seeing some relatives in the Dallas area before going to Houston, I’ve managed to work a stop for a couple of rounds in Albuquerque into the journey, and I wanted to see if I could get some local GKers to join me. Right now we plan to be in Albuquerque at the front end of the week-long Balloon Festival, held this year from October 7-14. On Friday, October 6th, I’m going to try to play Sandia Resort in the morning (~7am), then swing around the mountain and catch Paa-Ko Ridge at twilight (2pm). I worked in Albuquerque in the late 90s, and there’s a lot of great golf in the area, but this is the first chance I’ve had to get back here and those two courses weren’t around at that time, so I’ve been looking forward to playing them. [And I’ve seen a lot of good reviews on these tracks, including from GKers.]

If there are GKers in the Albuquerque area who could join me for these rounds, that would make the day so much better. Please respond here or IM me if you can join me or offer any tips on how I can make that day even better.

Thanks.
Remember, we could be at work!!
 Message #85450
24hourgolf
RE: Hello, Albuquerque Area

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday September 1, 2017 12:21 PM
And now they have 27 holes.

http://www.paakoridge.com

They have a great webcam on their website. Planning a trip later this month to go play Cochiti; Paako Ridge and Black Mesa.
 Message #85458 - This was a reply to message #85450
weber2323
SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    David Duval
Favorite Golf Course:
    La Jolla Country Club

Friday September 1, 2017 1:43 PM
Played paa no and loved that course. Also played twin warriors and liked that layout as well. Good luck David.
 Message #85459 - This was a reply to message #85458
dconnally

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

Saturday September 9, 2017 8:09 AM
QUOTED  Planning a trip later this month to go play Cochiti; Paako Ridge and Black Mesa.

Cochiti is a fun course. Black Mesa was on my list, but too far a hump if I wanted to play twice on our one day there.

I'll look forward to your report on PaaKo conditions.
Remember, we could be at work!!
 Message #85505 - This was a reply to message #85459

Listing 1 to 4 of 4 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]