Golf Ball Finding Glasses
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Danny Lee
Favorite Golf Course:
    Medowlark

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday April 29, 2018 12:06 AM
I first saw these glasses during the GK Guru outing at the Camp Pendelton Marine Corp Golf Course outing. Playing with Johnny GK and another very nice gentleman I had lost a ball on the hill side. the gentleman whose name I can't remember pulled out these odd glasses he said he purchased on Amazon. Recently I found the same glasses on eBay for $2.49 a pair from China. I ordered three pairs figuring why not. Well they have arrived and I had the chance to put them to use recently during a round at Casa del Sol.

First the glasses took about three weeks to arrive, but from China to Mission Viejo for $2.49, I can wait. The glasses are comfortable, but look funny. The product works by filtering light, essentially it turns the course to grey like a black and white photo, and the ball stands out against the background. I play yellow balls, and the glasses do work although they are better when looking for white balls. I am not a ball collector, I prefer to play one brand at a time, so if I find a ball I will frequently give it to someone in my party, or leave it on the next tee. Using the glasses I was able to find more than a couple of balls to leave as presents.

My concern is keeping the glasses from getting crushed or scratched in my bag, but they are interesting, they seem to work. I plan to give a pair to my buddy who plays white balls. I plan to continue testing the glasses, and will post an update after several rounds.
 Message #88015
sdscratchorbust
RE: Golf Ball Finding Glasses

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pasatiempo

Friday May 4, 2018 7:48 AM
I appreciate you calling me a nice gentleman grantar2.

How have they been treating you? I have found they tend to work best during the twilight hours and especially in leaves.

I'd recommend finding a hard glasses case to throw them in I'm sure you can pick those up cheap from China as well. I love them, everyone gets a kick out of them when I whip them out on a course.
 Message #88132 - This was a reply to message #88015
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Friday May 4, 2018 8:07 AM
They are fun. Thanks again Evan for giving me them. I always love when someone tries them on for the first time. Its like going from the golf course to planet Pluto. I've actually hit a few shot with them on, pretty good, LOL, but that is a trip. The only problem I have is I like to play a yellow ball so they don't work that well unless the ball is white.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #88135 - This was a reply to message #88015
sdscratchorbust

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pasatiempo

Friday May 4, 2018 8:10 AM
Yes, they are made to contrast white balls.

But there's a GK exclusive opportunity if someone knows an engineer. Make a yellow golf ball finding glasses. I'm sure different color lenses would do the trick
 Message #88136 - This was a reply to message #88135

Listing 1 to 4 of 4 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]