Colina Park GC
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Lee Trevino
Favorite Golf Course:
    Torrey Pines

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday June 11, 2018 7:28 AM
This weekend I got a chance to head out to Colina Park Golf Course in the heart of San Diego's Mid-City for a quick run around the 18 hole pitch-and-putt facility. This was my third or fourth time since the major renovation that was done some years ago, and every visit reminds me how lucky the First Tee (and residents here) are to have such a stand-out facility. On top of excellent conditions on the course, the facility also has a large hitting net/range, auxiliary hitting area with short game area, and very friendly staff. As for the course itself, it is the perfect place to take your wedges and practice your short shots between 50-125 yards. You do hit off mats, but they are in really good shape. The "fairways" are in great shape, the bunkers have better sand and are in better shape than most public courses in SD, and as for the greens all I can say is amazing! You can tell the greens keeper here has a passion for golf and the kids who use this course as their home course. The starter/cashier told me they were having a huge event here with the IMG Junior World Championships in July, so the course is already starting to look like championship-caliber. If you are near the San Diego area and have a chance to stop by for some short game fun, I would highly recommend it. (Photo below may be stock, but it looked this good on Sunday morning)

Message #88550
Rat-Patrol
RE: Colina Park GC
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday June 11, 2018 7:39 AM
Good stuff Sal and I agree, fun, challenging par 3 course always in fine shape.
 Message #88551 - This was a reply to message #88550

Listing 1 to 2 of 2 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]