3-4bravo
PXG clubs

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Hunter Ranch

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday July 16, 2018 1:48 PM
PXG is currently offering a huge discount to veterans, currently active servicemembers, and first responders. Nearly 50% off irons, woods, and wedges. As I'm nearing the time to get new clubs, especially a driver, I wanted to reach out to anyone who has tried or currently has PXG irons and woods. Are they worth the money? Have you noticed significant increases/decreases in feel, forgiveness, and playability? Any advice is welcomed. Thanks!
 Message #88854
24hourgolf
RE: PXG clubs

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday July 16, 2018 2:07 PM
I do not play with them, only heard that they are $$$$. So, does the 50% off of these clubs, given their high price already, really provide you that much of a discount? Versus other club manufacturers prices? Maybe, if they provide all the things you have asked about?
 Message #88855 - This was a reply to message #88854
Hollis
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Not sure
Favorite Golf Course:
    Goosecreekgc gc

Monday July 16, 2018 3:08 PM
Well,I played a round at yucaipa golf club with a guy that had a set, he was terrible. Hit a few houses along the fairways. Hope that helps!
Yeah, I know, I'm a real comedian, sorry.
Well, 50% off would put them at $125 per club. That may be worth it considering the perception you would project, lol. It would be like telling everyone you have more money to spend on golf than most everyone else, without having to actually say it out loud, lol. As for performance, I have no clue, you may start hitting houses.
Well, glad I got that out of the way, I'll let someone else respond that actually has some pertinent information on the subject, lol. But it is cool ANYTIME our veterans are given a break financially.
 Message #88857 - This was a reply to message #88855
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Grizzly Ranch

Monday July 16, 2018 3:26 PM
I was given a 52 degree wedge and I love the way it feels. I dont feel its worth $300 for a mid income & handicap player like myself. But if you have the money I recommend it.
 Message #88858 - This was a reply to message #88857
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Monday July 16, 2018 3:51 PM
I did an extensive 2 1/2 HR testing / fitting with the PXG's last year. For comparison I have the M1 woods, aero burner hybrid and PSi irons with TM ATV 56 & 60 wedges.

Driver: I actually liked the PXG driver better. (But not $800 better)

3 wood: Did not like the PXG 3 wood at all.

Hybrids: nod went to my Taylormade. Given the price difference the TM would be the clear choice

Irons: pretty even between the PSi and PXG (not figuring in the price difference)

Wedges: Loved the PXG's. I'm considering replacing my current wedges with the PXG's for next season (need to compare with volkey wedges too)

Additional Note: PXG's were tested both with their recommended shafts and the same shafts as on my current clubs. I'm a 14 handicap

Hope this gives you an honest unbiased insight on the clubs.
 Message #88859 - This was a reply to message #88858
3-4bravo

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Hunter Ranch

Monday July 16, 2018 4:00 PM
QUOTED  So, does the 50% off of these clubs, given their high price already, really provide you that much of a discount? Versus other club manufacturers prices?

I currently have custom fitted Titleist irons that cost me close to the price of what the discounted PXG irons cost. I don't have a problem paying the money(at the discounted rate obviously) if the clubs truly do perform for their price tag.
 Message #88860 - This was a reply to message #88855
3-4bravo

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Hunter Ranch

Monday July 16, 2018 4:40 PM
QUOTED  Driver: I actually liked the PXG driver better. (But not $800 better)

My price is something around $300. Would you pull the trigger on PXG if that was what you'd pay?

I appreciate your insight. I don't know anybody with any PXG clubs so it's much appreciated.

QUOTED  Wedges: Loved the PXG's. I'm considering replacing my current wedges with the PXG's for next season (need to compare with volkey wedges too)

I currently have SM6 vokey's. I absolutely love them. If you have the time, go get fitted for the correct grind for your game. It's an absolute game changer for work around the greens. I've shaved so many strokes by being able to get the ball close from 50 yards and in, and I really believe that having the correct grinds on the wedges is what's helped.
 Message #88861 - This was a reply to message #88859
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Monday July 16, 2018 5:00 PM
Even if I could afford a Maserati the engineering, precision, also the perceived allure and effect of a "status symbol" would be completely lost on me as I pull up to Balboa Park GC . . . same goes for clubs two to three times the price of top line clubs. It would be like me getting lessons from Butch Harmon.

[[Edited by Rat-Patrol on Monday July 16, 2018 5:00 PM]]
 Message #88862 - This was a reply to message #88861
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Monday July 16, 2018 5:54 PM
For 3 bills, I'd pull the trigger on the PXG driver no problem. I love my M1 and was very shocked & impressed that I liked the PXG better. I've heard a ton of good things about the Vokey wedges so I'm definitely going to include them in my testing before making a decision.
 Message #88863 - This was a reply to message #88862
leef2020

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack & Jordan
Favorite Golf Course:
    Baltusrol

Monday July 16, 2018 10:02 PM
QUOTED  I currently have custom fitted Titleist irons that cost me close to the price of what the discounted PXG irons cost

As long as you get a proper club fitting for the PXGs, why not? However, it makes no sense in my mind to spend a large wad of cash on a set of irons, woods, etc., that you've not been fitted for. Buying clubs even with launch monitors at big shops are a crap shoot. Identify what you're missing/looking to improve from your current baseline, and be sure that the PXG (or other) clubs that you consider actually represent an improvement over your current state. Spending $ for new clubs should result in an improvement of scoring. Too often, it doesn't.
 Message #88865 - This was a reply to message #88860

Listing 1 to 10 of 13 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]