aakes90278
Warner springs ranch

Favorite Golfer:
    friends
Favorite Golf Course:
    Riviera

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday December 29, 2018 6:12 AM
I am always looking for California golf resorts that provide nice rooms with great golf. I love the ranch style rooms here and I think the reviews have always said this course layout is fun but am confused by the conditions. The course hasn't had a rating for over a year and many rated it in poor shape however it still has a high rating of 7. Does anyone have any knowledge of how the conditions are now? I noticed that there was plans for a make-over some time ago but there has been no other comments on how things have evolved.
I was just looking for something a little different for my group to enjoy. We play Temucula Creek every December because it consistently fits all on my wish list.
Thanks
 Message #90086
rudyclub
RE: Warner springs ranch

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil, Ricky, Kucher
Favorite Golf Course:
    Desert willow, Journey

Saturday December 29, 2018 8:02 AM
I have not played it in over a year, but drive by it on occasion and it does not appear that anything significant has been done in a while? The lay out is fun. The conditions are typical "Muni". Generally rough all around. Fairways are a mix of grass with some areas great and others not so great. Often many gopher holes. There are few cart paths, so you drive in the fairway's which can be a sometimes bumpy ride. Greens can be quick & hard to slow and woolly.
It's usually pretty inexpensive. If you enjoy being out in the country playing golf with wild Turkeys and sometimes deer, and not picky about the course conditions you can have a nice day?

[[Edited by rudyclub on Saturday December 29, 2018 8:04 AM]]
 Message #90087 - This was a reply to message #90086
24hourgolf

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday December 29, 2018 10:30 AM
As you can see by my posting of more than a year ago, I was not impressed. At that time they told me that work would begin spring/summer/fall of 2018.
As I have not bee back or near that area, I can only say? Call them and ask them directly.
 Message #90090 - This was a reply to message #90086
adigitalg87

Favorite Golfer:
    Lee Trevino
Favorite Golf Course:
    La purisima

Sunday December 30, 2018 6:17 PM
On the drive up to Rams hill we passed by it. It was nothing special to look at. Reminds me of echo hills in hemet. Flat land all around. On the bright side,you might get a round in under 3 hours.
 Message #90099 - This was a reply to message #90090
aakes90278

Favorite Golfer:
    friends
Favorite Golf Course:
    Riviera

Tuesday January 1, 2019 8:01 AM
Thanks all, this place doesn't,t sound like it will work for my group at the time. Sad though, it could definetly be a destination for a golf group if conditions were better!
Happy 2019 to all
 Message #90111 - This was a reply to message #90086
noeldaof
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday January 2, 2019 11:10 AM
You know, I was really looking forward to their promoted renovations and followed it, but then when I heard not much had changed, I sort of forgot about this course till I hear something else, But then again, the course has some nice character holes.. I don't even know what they charge for a round... I liked that course and if I get nearby again with a chance to play it, I would.
JVGA
 Message #90126 - This was a reply to message #90086

Listing 1 to 6 of 6 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]