SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event LA-GK-Meetup-Winner: LA GK Meetup Winner

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    River Ridge

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday February 11, 2019 7:23 AM
Lots of courses websites touch up their course photos. I get it. It makes it look more lush.

So, I was looking at Teeoff.com lately. I see a course close to me, Vista Valencia, has tee times. I look at the pictures they have on file for the course.

Lots of Hole 17, the island green. Mostly all have a funny, green tint to make the course look lush.

Then I see one that looks lees tinted. It also looks familiar.

It's one that I took and posted here on GK!

Can they do that?

WTH?

By the way, Johnny, I see that the quality of the pictures here on GK has gone down. Everything looks slightly blurry. Or is it my eyes? Maybe it's my computer?

Anyone else notice this?
 Message #90580
JohnnyGK
RE: Course Photos Quality

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Monday February 11, 2019 7:32 AM
QUOTED  Then I see one that looks lees tinted. It also looks familiar.

It's one that I took and posted here on GK!

Can they do that?

Teeoff.com is not supposed to do that. Thanks

QUOTED  By the way, Johnny, I see that the quality of the pictures here on GK has gone down. Everything looks slightly blurry. Or is it my eyes? Maybe it's my computer?

Anyone else notice this?

What happened is the window now sizes to the width of your screen so the older photos that were uploaded in low resolution look blurry. However the quality of photo with all new photos is much higher as you can now upload a photo to GK in high resolution. Let me see if there is nice middle ground. Thanks for bringing that to my attention Kevin.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #90581 - This was a reply to message #90580
kviser

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event LA-GK-Meetup-Winner: LA GK Meetup Winner

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    River Ridge

Monday February 11, 2019 3:20 PM
QUOTED  Teeoff.com is not supposed to do that. Thanks

So, shall we police other websites who may have lifted images or reviews from GK?

Just curious because there are a lot of course photos and reviews posted up here.

There has to be some value in the useable content on this site.

QUOTED  What happened is the window now sizes to the width of your screen so the older photos that were uploaded in low resolution look blurry.

They used to look fine. At least I know it's not my eyes. LOL
 Message #90584 - This was a reply to message #90581
sdscratchorbust

Favorite Golfer:
    Pat Perez
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pasatiempo

Tuesday February 12, 2019 7:31 PM
The photo resolution is so low I would highly doubt the photos would be possible to use. We're having to turn down the resolution from a cell phone pic.

I don't know the terms and use policy of us posting photos here if they become property of greenskeeper.org.

But you can write the golf course and tell them they do not have authorization to use your intellectual property of the photo and they will take it down.

[[Edited by sdscratchorbust on Tuesday February 12, 2019 7:31 PM]]
 Message #90596 - This was a reply to message #90584
sdscratchorbust

Favorite Golfer:
    Pat Perez
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pasatiempo

Tuesday February 12, 2019 7:36 PM
2. GREENSKEEPER, LLC CONTENT AND SUBSCRIBER SUBMISSIONS

2.1 The contents of the Service are intended for your personal, noncommercial use. All materials published on Greenskeeper, LLC (including, but not limited to profiles, reviews, instruction, news articles, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips and video clips, also known as the "Content") are protected by copyright, trademarks, trade secrets, patents or other proprietary rights and protected in all forms, media and technologies now or hereinafter developed. The Content is owned or controlled by and shall remain the property of Greenskeeper, LLC

2.2 The Service and its Contents are protected by copyright pursuant to US and international copyright laws. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce (except as provided in Section 2.3 of this Agreement), create new works from, distribute, perform, display or in any way exploit any of the Content or the Service (including software) in whole or in part.

2.3 You may download or copy the Content and other downloadable items displayed on the Service for PERSONAL USE ONLY, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained therein. Copying or storing of any Content for other than personal use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from Greenskeeper, LLC, or the copyright holder identified in the copyright notice contained in the Content.

That answers that (I truncated the policy)
 Message #90597 - This was a reply to message #90596
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Tuesday February 12, 2019 7:54 PM
QUOTED  So, shall we police other websites who may have lifted images or reviews from GK?

No, please don't. If it bugs me enough Greenskeeper, LLC will address it. But I appreciate your willingness to go to bat for GK like that Kevin!

You know the only company I ever had to address on a copyright issue and actually it was a registered trademark issue was when Golf Advisor used "Know Before You Go" when they launched. And it was GK'ers that first alerted me to that which is awesome. Thank You.

[[Edited by JohnnyGK on Tuesday February 12, 2019 7:55 PM]]
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #90598 - This was a reply to message #90584

Listing 1 to 6 of 6 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]