Hogan
Golf Spy ball testing information

Favorite Golfer:
    Ben Hogan
Favorite Golf Course:
    Golf Club of Ca..LaPurisi

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday May 2, 2019 1:30 PM
Hello, for those who get the Golf Spy information, some very interesting comments on all golf balls, and how they perform, what to believe, and what ball to choose is up for grabs...very interesting that they discussed the golf balls the pros play is different than the balls we play, I know from experience...I got 6 Dustin Johnson golf balls some time ago, and, they were longer with ALL the clubs in my bag, they were in a blank white box...DECEPTION...what the eyes see, and the ears hear, the mind believes...stay healthy, drive safely, CGG...
 Message #91246
noeldaof
RE: Golf Spy ball testing information
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday May 2, 2019 7:52 PM
Looks like the ball I like and play is up top their chart.
#1ballingolf

I’ve known that pros have preference and manufacturers preserve or reserve a make they like and played in the past release until they don’t want it anymore. I’ve seen some issues marked a little differently than current release.
JVGA
 Message #91251 - This was a reply to message #91246
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Thursday May 2, 2019 8:08 PM
It's very common in all sports that althletes don't necessarily use their sponsors products or use a different version than what's offered to the public.
 Message #91252 - This was a reply to message #91251
sdscratchorbust

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pasatiempo

Thursday May 2, 2019 11:43 PM
I really like their article interesting info on feel vs results.

I've never liked the feel of Bridgestone balls but I always notice they play well. Bridgestone was actually the first to start touching on the topic when they release the Speed versions. I also have to give credence to Bridgestone because that is the ball Tiger secretly played as a white label and had a Nike logo added.

Likewise, I believe we had a forum about this earlier but the new Costco ball is a very good value. It feels hard in the hand but I've noticed it plays better than it feels.

Manufacturers are in the business of making money and selling product, not necessarily providing the best equipment. I used to be a hardcore fishermen before I got into golf. A saying in the fishing industry was always "Lures are designed to catch fisherman not fish" Very interesting article on the soft ball craze.

It's also interesting that ProV1 performs better on slower swing speeds. I know they have made numerous changes to the ball. Including swapping the X vs the standard. I wonder if they intentionally made the ball perform better for lower swing speeds since that is what the majority of golfers would fall under.
 Message #91254 - This was a reply to message #91252

Listing 1 to 4 of 4 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]