GreenLizard
Music on the Golf Course

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday July 3, 2019 7:09 AM
Lately I've noticed that nearly every time I get out to play there is someone blasting music from their golf cart. I'm only 55 years old and grew up listening to 80s rock turned up to 10 in my car, but when I'm playing golf, it's about the golf. I get really annoyed when I'm enjoying a good round and then having my focus turn to someone pulling up during my shot playing there music on the course. I really think that it disrespects the game and other golfers who are enjoying the time away from electronic devices. If you feel the need to listen to music during your round, use your ear phones.

I would love for courses to try to get a handle on this before it gets out of control. Does anyone share my opinion ?? Or is it just me?
If you are with me, make some calls or send an email to your local courses, the USGA and SCGA to attempt to get a handle on it.

I just realized there is already a post on the same subject. I'll leave this one up as well just because I think it's important to the game.

[[Edited by GreenLizard on Wednesday July 3, 2019 7:45 AM]]
 Message #91732
noeldaof
RE: Music on the Golf Course
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Wednesday July 3, 2019 11:11 AM
QUOTED  I would love for courses to try to get a handle on this before it gets out of control. Does anyone share my opinion ?? Or is it just me?

There's a mix of opinions out there. I certainly would rather not do music on the course although I've been in a group with music before.

About the course handling and controlling, I see they have different opinions about it, too. Some of the courses are now ordering their new fleet of carts with speakers in them to connect with personal phones. So that's no help to anyone who doesn't like music on the course.

Me, I'm staying out of that, but if I could have no distraction, that's where I'd go.

Anyway, there's a whole conversation thread about that here:

http://www.greenskeeper.org/forums/discussions.cfm?forumid=2158&topicid=89203
JVGA
 Message #91736 - This was a reply to message #91732
sparky14

Favorite Golfer:
    Ben Crenshaw
Favorite Golf Course:
    All except Shorecliffs

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday July 3, 2019 12:34 PM
No music on the course! And get off my lawn! Local urchins!
 Message #91737 - This was a reply to message #91736
basketball13

Favorite Golfer:
    ricky fowler
Favorite Golf Course:
    maderas

Thursday July 4, 2019 6:57 PM
I would say most people who play music in their golf carts keep it at a respectable level(myself turning it off at the tee)but I find almost funny that someone would have problem with that but not cigar smoking or the alcholic abuse by golfers, but that's just one mans opinion...and by the way if any of these situations bother you than speak up to whoever you are playing with...its your right!

[[Edited by basketball13 on Thursday July 4, 2019 6:58 PM]]
 Message #91757 - This was a reply to message #91732
kurator62

Favorite Golfer:
    fred couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rams Hill

Thursday July 4, 2019 8:52 PM
Yes. I hate cigar smoking on the course, and music bugs on the course too
 Message #91762 - This was a reply to message #91732
michaelko
NorCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Friday July 5, 2019 5:30 PM
turn it up!!!!

I like it. But I try not to make it so loud you can hear it from the cart path on the green.

But I played in a group the other day where they wanted to hear it from my cart. So I turned it up.
 Message #91771 - This was a reply to message #91762
GreenLizard

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Saturday July 6, 2019 9:46 AM
If I had to choose between music, cigars and excessive drinking, I guess I'd choose music. Don't even get me started on spitting sunflower seeds on the green. That's just down right dumb.

I just have to keep in mind that on a public course, there are two kinds of golfers, the ones that are serious about their game and handicap and want to play by the rules and improve, and the others that really just want to get away from the family for a few hours and relax. I know for them it's not really about the golf at all. I think, that in the future, golfers like myself will just have to adapt and continue to play well and ignore the distractions. I just ask the music players to be respectful to others. Don't roll up on the tee box or green area with music blasting while others are trying to concentrate.
 Message #91783 - This was a reply to message #91757

Listing 1 to 7 of 7 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]