JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday July 25, 2019 11:00 AM
I started the GK Guru network in early 2017 as a way to reward Greenskeeper.org members that are writing quality reviews with discounted or free golf. As a way to bring those top contributors on Greenskeeper.org together and help spread the word about great golf experiences. That all holds true today.

I’ve decided to expand on that concept now by including very active Greenskeeper.org Facebook users that regularly post information about their golf experiences. A great community of golfers has come together on Greenskeeper.org’s Facebook page I’d really like to get know better and feel they are doing a lot of good for fellow golfers.

In addition I want to start reaching out to private golf courses willing to support Greenskeeper.org in exchange for small casual outings on Mondays that I will make exclusively available to GK Gurus at great rates. I have to make these outings only available to GK Gurus because the primarily purpose of the outings is to create more attention to those great golf experiences as part of the arrangement. This model is likely to extend beyond just private courses.

Lastly I unfortunately need to remove a large number of GK Gurus due to their lack of posting quality reviews on Greenskeeper.org for years. Very disappointing I have to this but it’s only fair to those that are contributing.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #91992
kpossibly
RE: Being a GK Guru - Updates

Favorite Golfer:
    My son-in-law
Favorite Golf Course:
    River Ridge

Thursday July 25, 2019 4:55 PM
QUOTED  Lastly I unfortunately need to remove a large number of GK Gurus due to their lack of posting quality reviews on Greenskeeper.org for years.

Totally get it, Johnny. My back injury has kept me on a golf "hiatus" for three years. So if I'm on the "Delete" list, I understand and don't take it personally. As I work my way back into a golfing life, I'll earn my way back on the list. Keep up the strong work!
 Message #91997 - This was a reply to message #91992
abbacat

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Thursday July 25, 2019 5:12 PM
Love the plan for Monday outings!
 Message #91998 - This was a reply to message #91997
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Thursday July 25, 2019 6:46 PM
QUOTED  Totally get it, Johnny. My back injury has kept me on a golf "hiatus" for three years. So if I'm on the "Delete" list, I understand and don't take it personally. As I work my way back into a golfing life, I'll earn my way back on the list. Keep up the strong work!

Definitely NOT GKers like you Ken. Injuries do NOT get you removed from the GK Guru list as long as you let me know. Plus you took the time to post a quality review this year. I'm talking about the GKers that were added to the Guru list in the beginning but never contributed there after or have not at the very least over the last couple years. OR GK Gurus that are only posting a couple sentences and not the quality reviews that earned them the GK Guru status to begin with.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #92000 - This was a reply to message #91997
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Thursday July 25, 2019 8:54 PM
Will there be t- shirts?
 Message #92001 - This was a reply to message #92000
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Thursday July 25, 2019 11:46 PM
QUOTED  Will there be t-shirts?

Oh, you know me too well, I never like to show up places empty handed so I'll bring something. Not sure if it will be t-shirts.
 Message #92002 - This was a reply to message #92001
aakes90278

Favorite Golfer:
    friends
Favorite Golf Course:
    Riviera

Friday July 26, 2019 6:03 AM
I completely understand your position on this issue. This may sound like a dumb question but how do people know if they are on the guru list? I try to visit GK at least a couple times per day to read reviews and topics but I couldn't find out who is on the guru list. I have to admit though, I am very technically challenged!
 Message #92003 - This was a reply to message #91992
aakes90278

Favorite Golfer:
    friends
Favorite Golf Course:
    Riviera

Friday July 26, 2019 6:04 AM
Ditto the Monday outings
 Message #92004 - This was a reply to message #91998
kviser

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event LA-GK-Meetup-Winner: LA GK Meetup Winner

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    River Ridge

Friday July 26, 2019 8:38 AM
QUOTED  In addition I want to start reaching out to private golf courses willing to support Greenskeeper.org in exchange for small casual outings on Mondays that I will make exclusively available to GK Gurus at great rates.

Dude, have you looked at the Oaks Club in Valencia? They regularly fill my inbox with emails. Mostly trying to drum up membership, but I think they might want to deal. I could be wrong.
 Message #92005 - This was a reply to message #91992
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Friday July 26, 2019 9:00 AM
QUOTED  I completely understand your position on this issue. This may sound like a dumb question but how do people know if they are on the guru list? I try to visit GK at least a couple times per day to read reviews and topics but I couldn't find out who is on the guru list. I have to admit though, I am very technically challenged!

Its not a dumb question. To be a GK Guru you've been invited to be so in the beginning via e-mail and on going personally by me. I think its time to create a list of GK Gurus that I'll work with ringworld on to publish on the blog. A tool to better connect everyone.
 Message #92006 - This was a reply to message #92003

Listing 1 to 10 of 20 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]