Discussions in --- Use This to POST ---
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, Nickesquire, ringworld, weber2323

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
--- Use This to POST ---
Courses that charge the same to walk.
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Courses that charge the same to walk.

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 7 of 7 Replies

PAGES: 1
dand
Courses that charge the same to walk.

Favorite Golfer:
    M. Wie
Favorite Golf Course:
    hate 'em all!

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday February 12, 2020 5:40 PM
As an inveterate walker, it bugs the hell out of me when a course charges the same to walk as to ride.
Especially when the course does not list a walking rate.
I don't get it - golf courses that don't want patrons to walk....
Am I being too anal about this - or are there others also bothered by this.
dand
 Message #93553
Nickesquire
RE: Courses that charge the same to walk.
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack, Freddie, Tiger
Favorite Golf Course:
    Maderas Olivas Sherwood

Wednesday February 12, 2020 6:43 PM
Almost ALL the Palm Springs area courses only have one rate and it includes a cart.

Some will not allow walkers period and most discourage it. Both for POP reasons, because many of these desert courses are designed with multiple holes far apart. And for safety reasons, because over half the year it would be considered dangerous for most to try and walk in the heat.

I think the bottom line is revenue. Golf carts are a huge money maker. When they can, courses want to collect the maximum amount of $$$.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #93554 - This was a reply to message #93553
CPennbo

Community Director/Women

Favorite Golfer:
    Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls/Balboa

Wednesday February 12, 2020 8:52 PM
Bear Mountain in Big Bear- all one price; Tukwet Canyon, both courses, all one price; Goose Creek, all one price;
New Year's Resolution- HAVE MORE FUN, DO MORE, SEE MORE, LAUGH MORE!
 Message #93557 - This was a reply to message #93554
noeldaof

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday February 13, 2020 9:06 AM
Yeah, I can understand some of the resort courses who has multiple holes that are far apart to its following holes, they should have a mandatory cart provision- especially when the subsequent holes are about 300-400 away and having to use the streets to get to it.

Other courses who do not have holes far apart as mentioned. In example, Rancho Vista gc. It is a very easy walking course. During the prime time on weekends, they charge $72 for a round including cart and no walking. The reasoning is pace of play. Yes, it is a busy course during the weekends, and the busier it is, the slower the pace, and "if" there were walkers in between, the walkers would also be waiting on every hole- that doesn't make sense.

Although Rancho Vista has that rule, they allow walkers with less the cart fee during twilight and also, weekdays has walker/rider rates.

Carts are just an additional profit maker for the course. At the same time, cart is a luxury for the golfers.
JVGA
 Message #93562 - This was a reply to message #93553
weber

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Jordan
Favorite Golf Course:
    tournament Club of Iowa

Thursday February 13, 2020 10:59 AM
I found Dan's question to be interesting because for the longest time, I would request permission to walk a number of courses which included carts in the green fee. (Tijeras Creek, Anaheim Hills, Dos Lagos, Sierra Laverne, to name a few ) In almost all cases the course allowed me to walk, once I assured them I would not create any issue with pace of play. Now that I'm a bit older and walk slower, I tend to just accept the cart. Obviously courses like Hidden Valley, Eagle Glen, Glen Ivy, Crossings @ Carlsbad, etc are just not practical to even attempt to walk.

But I agree with Dan that it can be frustrating when a course is walkable and carts are deemed mandatory. When practical, it would be nice if they would try to accommodate walkers. As previously stated, it's all about $$$, and truth is that where the revenue is on these courses.
 Message #93566 - This was a reply to message #93562
DarkHorse

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Woods, Mike Weir
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rancho, Rustic Canyon

Tuesday February 18, 2020 10:54 AM
I always try to walk whenever I can and carry my bag whenever I can.

Mostly when I can get a tee time as a single through GOLFNOW, the cart is included and in nearly all cases, the cashier (especially AMERICAN GOLF) says that it is included in the price and they can't not charge me for it.

The one exception I have found, Navy Course in Cypress. When I have booked tee times through GOLFNOW there, they have always taken the price of the golf cart off the price quoted. Even now with their no cash policy, they have charged me the lesser/no cart rate.
 Message #93641 - This was a reply to message #93553
Lary1

Favorite Golfer:
    Me
Favorite Golf Course:
    Any in LaQuinta

Tuesday February 18, 2020 12:57 PM
Pardon me but Goose Creek has a walking rate and a riding rate. 18 Holes $ 45.00 $ 10.00 $ 55.00
Senior $ 42.00 $ 7.00 $ 49.00
Twilight $ 33.00 $ 7.00 $ 40.00
Junior $ 20.00 $ 10.00 $ 30.00
9 Holes $ 28.00 $ 7.00 $ 35.00
 Message #93644 - This was a reply to message #93557

Listing 1 to 7 of 7 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]