The Right Elbow
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Woods--- Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Purisma Sandpiper

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday December 14, 2018 9:34 AM
Once we are properly set up and ready and have initiated our back swing at the top of our swing our right elbow should be at a 90 degree angle(not flared out to the right) for a right handed player. Most importantly as we initiate our downswing our right elbow gets tucked in close to our body(some top players of note even have it rubbing against their right hip(as they drop and lag the club into the slot). This is key to helping eliminate casting the club and coming over the top which will create pulls, slices. Keeping the right elbow at a 90 degree angle at the top of the swing and tucking it close to the right hip on the downswing will create more of an inside path which is what we like to see. You can practice this by getting to the top of your swing, pausing and in slow motion as you come down into the slot feel your elbow actually making contact with your right hip. This concept helps one stay connected in the golf swing. Think wider take away and getting narrower on the downswing.

This is illustrated at :0:28 by Rory below.

https://youtu.be/fxFRXilzmAw

Happy Holidays Everyone.
Please check my websitegdrgolf instruction click here
 Message #90044
larryq2001
RE: The Right Elbow

Favorite Golfer:
    Ernie Els
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bailey Creek

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday December 16, 2018 7:53 AM
Thanks for this tip Gary and happy holidays to you as well. One of the hardest things for me to do is to keep from releasing the club too early on the downswing. Going to practice your suggestion more and see if this will help me out. - Larry Q.

[[Edited by larryq2001 on Sunday December 16, 2018 11:11 AM]]
 Message #90046 - This was a reply to message #90044
Deepsea14
RE: The Right Elbow

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday December 16, 2018 8:27 AM
Good tip. Thought about it a few times playing yesterday. IDK if it was coincidence but my right elbow had a dull pain a few times after swings and hit the ball well.
As a senior player looking for distance (at least maintain as much as I can) and has mostly had a casting swing (release too early) my whole career. It is helpful to keep the club inside to out to prevent the dead pull left or lack of distance.

Elbow in for the golf swing, a flying right elbow doesn't effect my 12 ounce curls (beer mug to lips) at all!

Merry Christmas
 Message #90047 - This was a reply to message #90046

Listing 1 to 3 of 3 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]