YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Desert Island CC has a new name

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 2 of 2 Replies

PAGES: 1
sixpez
Desert Island CC has a new name
SoCal Community Staff

sixpez: sixpez - Golf Normad GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Tend to root for Phil
Favorite Golf Course:
    Mt. Shasta Resort

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday May 10, 2017 7:30 PM
I drive by Desert Island CC in Rancho Mirage all the time now. Just today I noticed a banner up over the normal sign showing its new name: The Sinatra Resort & Country Club. It appears it is under new ownership and they are planning a 5-start resort/hotel development to go along with the golf club that will likely stay untouched. Still going to be a private equity club for members, but likely with stay and play options for hotel guests. In recent years, it has been a little easier to get on out here as a public player, but who knows if that will change moving forward.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone is interested.

Here is an article that talks about some of the new plans:

http://www.desertsun.com/story/sports/golf/2017/05/05/sinatra-resort-owner-says-his-country-club-isnt-named-after-singer-just-his-street/311645001/

And here is a link to the resort's new site:

http://sinatraresort.com
 Message #83660
Itslikeimsayin
RE: Desert Island CC has a new name
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday May 10, 2017 10:09 PM
Even though "Desert Island" sort of gets lost in all the "Desert This" or "Desert That" course names in the Valley, I always found that name sort of charming. Sinatra is undoubtedly more distinctive, though.

Despite the owner's insistence the name is referring to the street, how long until the Sinatra family heirs file a lawsuit?

QUOTED  In recent years, it has been a little easier to get on out here as a public player, but who knows if that will change moving forward.

The guy who was trying to sell his Desert Island vouchers on GK alluded to changes coming, claiming that it will become more difficult to access.
 Message #83661 - This was a reply to message #83660

Listing 1 to 2 of 2 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]