The TW channel is back

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil
Favorite Golf Course:
    Aguila

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday March 15, 2018 9:48 AM
Well it was a nice while it lasted. I’ve never enjoyed watching golf more than I have the last two years. It’s been so enjoyable seeing coverage on so many different golfers. Unfortunately that’s come to an end now that the golf channel has decided to cover Tiger Woods 24/7.
 Message #87518
robule
RE: The TW channel is back

Favorite Golfer:
    Couples, Ko, Day
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Thursday March 15, 2018 10:12 AM
Not a Tger fan... played golf before he showed up.

Coverage when he is in the field is ridiculous.
 Message #87519 - This was a reply to message #87518
sparky14

Favorite Golfer:
    Ben Crenshaw
Favorite Golf Course:
    All except Shorecliffs

Thursday March 15, 2018 10:17 AM
IT'S AWESOME!
 Message #87520 - This was a reply to message #87518
weber

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Jordan
Favorite Golf Course:
    George Dunne (ILL)

Thursday March 15, 2018 10:31 AM
Totally agree with Scott. I want to see ALL the leaders. If Tiger is leading, fine, show him proportionally, but to exclude the bulk of the field just so we can watch him walk from the parking lot, hit balls on the range, putt, etc.

I simply don't watch when they focus on Tiger. I just turn off the TV. I long for the days pre-1997 or 2014 - 2017.
 Message #87521 - This was a reply to message #87520
robule

Favorite Golfer:
    Couples, Ko, Day
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Thursday March 15, 2018 11:00 AM
QUOTED  so we can watch him walk from the parking lot, hit balls on the range, putt, etc.

Or the porta potty or...

I wonder if some of the other top players like him being in the field as long as he's not near them on course. They don't have to deal with the idiots that decide to come out and be "audio" stars on tv. Get to play without or with fewer distractions as the big top circus is following tiger.
 Message #87522 - This was a reply to message #87521
lamitchw

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pacific Dunes

Thursday March 15, 2018 11:46 AM
I couldn't be happier! So happy to see him playing well. Not sure if you guys have a special Golf Channel feed, but I see tons of other players being shown in the telecast. All the leaders are present and accounted for. (I'm pretty sure Tiger is in 2nd right now.)

Whether you like him or not, Tiger is the biggest story in golf. Some say he's the best golfer of all time, I say second best to Jack. Is the Golf Channel not a business that makes money from ratings? I'm pretty sure it is, and they'd be fools not to capitalize on the return of one of the greatest players of all time. Is he the nicest person on tour? Definitely not. So what. Michael Jordan hasn't done a ton for the community since he left the NBA, but no one gives him near the level of crap Tiger gets.

I played golf way before Tiger came around, and I love what he did for the popularity of the game. His popularity brought in huge sponsors, and the prize purses skyrocketed. New courses popped up everywhere. Go to a tournament he's playing in and check out the difference in crowd sizes vs. any other player out there. It's 10 to 1 at least.

It sounds like it's going to be a lot of Champions, Web and LPGA for some of you in the future if Tiger stays healthy. I'll be over here with the masses watching one of the greats mount a ferocious comeback! Go Tiger!
 Message #87523 - This was a reply to message #87522
dethman

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Thursday March 15, 2018 11:56 AM
opposite for me. last 4 years have been a snoozefest, i stopped watching because tournaments bored me to tears. missing phil, tiger. glad to have him back.
 Message #87525 - This was a reply to message #87523
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Thursday March 15, 2018 12:43 PM
Besides his huge fan base I also think a lot of EXTRA attention is on Tiger because no one knows for sure how long he will be back (as in back surgery). I know I like seeing him a bunch because of all the excitement its creating and I am giving him extra attention because I don't know how long this is going to last.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #87526 - This was a reply to message #87518
Hogan

Favorite Golfer:
    Ben Hogan
Favorite Golf Course:
    Golf Club of Ca..LaPurisi

Thursday March 15, 2018 1:41 PM
As former President Calvin Coolidge once said. " I can not get in trouble for something that I did not say.", and, in this hypersensitive, hypercritical, environment we live in today, or, did I say too much...stay healthy, drive safely, and, as long as we are above the divot, and, not below the divot, that is all that really matters...CGG...
 Message #87527 - This was a reply to message #87526
Nickesquire

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack, Freddie, Tiger
Favorite Golf Course:
    Maderas Olivas Sherwood

Thursday March 15, 2018 3:07 PM
QUOTED  I want to see ALL the leaders.

Could not disagree more Tom. While I do not want to see them EXCLUDED totally, there are many guys on tour that watching about a hole of is plenty. Example: Ted Potter, Jr. won @ Pebble Beach last month. However, there is nothing about his game that would make me want to watch him for more than an occasional shot. And that applies whether he is the leader or in 61st place.

Certain guys, because of their length, personality, reputation, history etc. are simply more entertaining to watch than other guys.

QUOTED  but to exclude the bulk of the field just so we can watch him walk from the parking lot, hit balls on the range, putt, etc.

Agree totally Tom. Regardless of WHO it is, I always thought it was ridiculous to show a player walking from their car to the range. All so we can listen to a bunch of over analysis on how a commentator perceives their body language or demeanor is today? Like that is going to have any effect on a critical putt dropping on the 72nd hole six hours from now?

QUOTED  I couldn't be happier! So happy to see him playing well.

Agreed.

QUOTED  Whether you like him or not, Tiger is the biggest story in golf.

Just saw where Vegas has made him the Favorite to win the Masters?

QUOTED  I played golf way before Tiger came around, and I love what he did for the popularity of the game. His popularity brought in huge sponsors, and the prize purses skyrocketed. New courses popped up everywhere. Go to a tournament he's playing in and check out the difference in crowd sizes vs. any other player out there. It's 10 to 1 at least.

All great points Mitch!

QUOTED  Besides his huge fan base I also think a lot of EXTRA attention is on Tiger because no one knows for sure how long he will be back (as in back surgery). I know I like seeing him a bunch because of all the excitement its creating and I am giving him extra attention because I don't know how long this is going to last.

Excellent point John. I was thinking to myself that @ age 42, he is one more major injury from likely not playing anymore @ a level remotely close to winning on Tour.

QUOTED  It’s been so enjoyable seeing coverage on so many different golfers.

Basically agree Scott, especially the younger golfers. Not talking about the more hard core golf fans that would likely be participating in this forum. But the reality is that there are about 60 guys playing on any particular weekend that the masses could care less about. If they make a great shot, getting a replay on tape is fine. If they get near the lead, show them some. But until they win multiple tournaments and do something to make a name for themselves, the masses simply do not care.
The goal is long and straight! But on the many times I cannot seem to hit them straight, I at least want to hit them long!
 Message #87528 - This was a reply to message #87521

Listing 1 to 10 of 46 Replies

PAGES: 5 1 2 3 4 5

[ Community Page ]