Mrkich
Another reason I love this site

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Canyon

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday September 8, 2018 6:34 PM
Got an email from A local course with the subject “come enjoy the great course conditions today” but Just happen to fail to mention they aerated the day before which I saw here when I wanted to verify their great conditions.

I replied and told them I didn’t appreciate their deceptive marketing. Just another reason I won’t play without checking this website first

[[Edited by Mrkich on Saturday September 8, 2018 6:54 PM]]
 Message #89328
Hollis
RE: Another reason I love this site
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Not sure
Favorite Golf Course:
    Goosecreekgc gc

Saturday September 8, 2018 9:46 PM
Just wow! That seems to me to be very bad business. My first inclination was for you to let is know exactly what course engages in such deceptive behavior, but if you feel uncomfortable doing so, I fully understand. Thing is, you have facts and the truth on your side when they claim it's a mistake with the timing of the email.
 Message #89331 - This was a reply to message #89328
Nickesquire

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack, Freddie, Tiger
Favorite Golf Course:
    Maderas Olivas Sherwood

Sunday September 9, 2018 8:19 AM
I think MOST courses are better in 2018 than they used to be decades ago because of social media and sites like GK. First, they do not want negative comments on social media that are there forever. Second, I think more are longer term thinking than they used to be. Getting a last time $40 out of a customer with false advertising that they are going to alienate forever is simply bad business. Plus produces bad word of mouth.

140ver & I had an experience like this a few years ago where a prominent Palm Springs area course sent out e-mails to come try out their immaculately conditioned course the day after LPGA qualifying finished. They specifically mentioned how good the greens were supposed to be and advertised an "unlimited golf" promotion for what seemed like a steal price wise. So we both drive out on a Sunday expecting pristine conditions for a packed day of golf.

What we encountered was a course that had nothing mowed or maintained in at least 2 days. The area around all the pins were beat up and the area between the tee markers was all chewed up. Neither had obviously been mowed or moved the day after they had hundreds of golfers playing a 36 hole qualifying event? Same for raking the traps and mowing the rough/fairways. The greens were downright shaggy. To add insult to injury, their cart guy came out and ordered us off the course before 4 pm during the summer with 4+ hours of daylight left when we were promised unlimited golf? We then played 18 on their sister course afterward, which had punched greens that we did not want to play on.

After reading our reviews and an exchange of e-mails, their Director of Golf called me and offered a free round of golf as an attempt to make things right. Considering we both lived over 150 miles away at the time, it was not worth both of us making 300+ mile round trips to collect on that promise within a limited time frame.

Some courses are funny about the way they try to cover things up. Years ago, I wrote a negative review on GK of a course in Oregon. Next day, a profile obviously associated with that course writes a counter review basically saying I don't know what I am talking about and that the course was in nice condition etc. Funny thing was that I was there playing that course specifically to photo it for GK. The guy had no idea I had photoed the course and posted the photos online. He had no rebuttal when I sent him an e-mail telling him to look at the photos I posted of the course on the day in question. Tough to argue with photos showing greens with large sections of bare dirt and large hard pan areas on fairways, tees and around greens.

Those photos are still posted on GK to this day. I just checked, the course stooge never again posted a review on GK, and that was 6+ years ago.
The goal is long and straight! But on the many times I cannot seem to hit them straight, I at least want to hit them long!
 Message #89338 - This was a reply to message #89328
Deepsea14

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Sunday September 9, 2018 3:21 PM
Seems the aeration necessity is something the courses like to hold close to the vest as a secret. Here in NorcCal I have advised GK of what I know when I hear it. ( I am on many courses email lists) I find most are upfront but it's up to the golfer to confirm. Happily GK helps and GolfNow flags but the too good to be true pricing in the spring and Fall is the time to think about the greens if it's that important.

Played Dark Horse in Auburn today they had done a small tine punch within the last week or so, the greens were a bit bumpy and slow but it didn't effect my attitude of enjoying the day and the opportunity to play that much.

Easy game putting when you chip in back to back on the last two holes...

I agree best business practice is to be open and honest for long term success.
 Message #89341 - This was a reply to message #89338
mlslaw

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Canyon

Sunday September 9, 2018 4:17 PM
Nick: that "course stooge" (xlnt word choice) had no idea who he was dealing with--but found out quickly.
 Message #89342 - This was a reply to message #89338
BGarcelon

Favorite Golfer:
    Angel Cabrera
Favorite Golf Course:
    Boundary Oak

Saturday September 22, 2018 11:12 AM
I get those emails also from that same course.... It's the second time they have done it since June...
 Message #89446 - This was a reply to message #89328
kevbig

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Palmer Course- Turtle Bay

Sunday September 23, 2018 1:13 AM
Anyone care to share which course we're talking about in order to help fellow GK'ers?
 Message #89447 - This was a reply to message #89446

Listing 1 to 7 of 7 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]