RE: Your mind set for golf

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Barona Creek

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday January 10, 2019 7:18 PM
Golf was the first game I learned to play for fun. I would have quit in my teens if not, as I had a temper. Very competitive.

Nowadays, I try to keep my goals in small increments. I play Rec Park, I think if I play the first five holes in one over par, I have a good chance of breaking 80. That often falls by the wayside as I am looking at 2 or three over. Okay, try to get through the next three holes at one or two over. When that doesn't work, try to go even par on the back (done it once). Etc. Los Verdes, go five over or less on the front. Competitive mindset.

I played at Poppy Hills last Saturday in the rain with it gusting to 30 MPH at the start. Miserable weather, miserable attitude. Never had my mind in it. I am pretty sure I broke 100 but I cannot be sure as I did not add up my score (even though I kept score for the group). It was a shakalicious day. Every day is different. Hopefully, the mind is in a good position. Otherwise you get through the round and beat the course the next time.
 Message #90265 - This was a reply to message #90174

Listing 11 to 11 of 11 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]