Coeur d'Alene
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Rickie, Bubba, Phil, Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    I love em all

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday January 14, 2019 4:33 PM
Anyone ever been here? Thoughts? Worth trip or money... Things to do outside the resort...?
 Message #90293
dconnally
RE: Coeur d'Alene

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

Monday January 14, 2019 4:47 PM
There are reviews on the GK site under the state of Washington. I was there ~2 years ago, as we drove through the area on the way to Banff.

There are a number of other nice public courses in the eastern WA/ID area that would make up a nice golf trip.

GKer 24hourgolf was able to play a number of private clubs in the area - not sure how he was able to access so many. See his reviews for what looks like an awesome overall trip.
Remember, we could be at work!!
 Message #90294 - This was a reply to message #90293
larryq2001

Favorite Golfer:
    Ernie Els
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bailey Creek

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday January 14, 2019 6:35 PM
I was there about 3 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Wife and I were there in August, stayed 2 nights at the Couer D’Alene resort and played 1 round there. Flew into Spokane, rented a car and got there in about 45 minutes. Beautiful drive from the airport. The resort was real nice and the food at all of the restaurants was excellent. The downtown area that has many restaurants and shops, is very close to the resort. The lake is beautiful and there are many great views from the resort restaurants and hotel. A friend of mine has family there and they like to go to the lake and do rafting. Not or me though. I stayed in the bar! :-)

If you stay at the resort, you take a 5-7 minute boat ride to the course. The course was excellent. The driving range is set up to hit balls into the lake which was weird. It’s a beautiful mountain course with great views of the lake and when I played, it was in excellent condition. Fairways, greens, bunkers all great. Some holes go right by the lake and of course #14 par 3, a true island green is so much fun. You take a boat to the green to putt out.

The down side was you have to take a caddie. Not sure why you need one because the course is not crazy difficult. Our caddie was a nice guy but wasn’t very helpful in reading greens or in getting the distance right. He was there to take pictures and smile

We were there on a stay and play package and it was steep but I will definitely be going back. There is also a local muni course which I did not play but the locals tell it is also very nice. Cant say enough good things about Couer D’Alene!

[[Edited by larryq2001 on Tuesday January 15, 2019 7:01 AM]]
 Message #90297 - This was a reply to message #90293
sngernz

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Bubba!
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spyglass Hill

Tuesday January 15, 2019 5:56 AM
Ditto re. larryq2001. Not cheap but still very much recommended ... my trip was in 2012. Also, check out Circling Raven which is a short drive from CdA ... well worth it.

24hrgolf can probably add more when he sees this post.
 Message #90301 - This was a reply to message #90297
24hourgolf

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday January 15, 2019 11:23 AM
I was just there in Sept. What would you like to know?

It is worth playing it once IMO. Best rates are early spring or twilight, during peak season. Too much $$$$ to play early. + caddie fees and to me they are not worth it, but a necessary evil to play it.

Drive south from C d L and play Circling Raven. Drive north and play The Idaho Club (you won't ever forget it).

Read my recent reviews on other courses in the area. Hayden Lake, Avondale

Flights to Spokane on SW are very reasonable. Then rent the car and drive N. Or E and play WA State Palousse course (wow). Great Marriott hotel right on the campus and 2 minutes to the course. About a 3 hour drive to C d L unless you stop and play Circling Raven (recommended).
 Message #90304 - This was a reply to message #90301

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]