Eagle Rock GC, Billings, MT
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Brendan Steele
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rams Hill, Oak Valley

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday March 30, 2017 6:19 PM
Played this course last Monday on my way back to SoCal. No other place to write a review so thought I'd spread the news this way.

Eagle Rock is a links style course, a little more "up and down" and more lakes than a true links layout but the character is there. Lots of roll-out for both fairways and greens, not a lot of rough but what is there can bite you. Generally larger sized greens with a couple that are REALLY big, lots of subtle breaks and the surrounding areas are cut short enough you could putt from up to 20 yards off the green. All but one hole can be played "bump and run" style from the fairway and all are very open with only a handful of trees. If the wind is up this could be a real handful but it can be played close to the ground to minimize the wind effect.

Prices were very reasonable - $45 prime time weekdays (discount for seniors starts at 55). More walking golfers than I've seen in years, most had their own pull/push carts but they are also available for rent. Pro shop personnel were very friendly and helpful.

If you're ever in the Billings area consider this as a very good and affordable option to get a quick round in (and I do mean quick - first time there and I got around in just under 3 hours even playing a couple extra balls on some holes where I wasn't sure of the best line or approach).
 Message #83059
24hourgolf
RE: Eagle Rock GC, Billings, MT

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday April 6, 2017 12:19 PM
Nothing like MT golf. If your travels take you to Kalispell, Whitefish, Eureka or Glacier Nat Park, by all means bring your clubs. Great courses.

[[Edited by 24hourgolf on Sunday April 9, 2017 8:47 AM]]
 Message #83223 - This was a reply to message #83059

Listing 1 to 2 of 2 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]