BCB - Birdie Chain Battle
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: BCB - Birdie Chain Battle

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 41 to 50 of 104 Replies

PAGES: 11 3 4 5 6 7
mpisarski01
RE: BCB - Birdie Chain Battle
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday May 31, 2020 6:16 PM
A big thanks to Alex for the recap. As he mentioned neither of us had any game at poppy. Once onto pebble we had 3 holes in the rain followed by 15-20 mph winds the rest of the day. Making that eagle is going to be a lifetime memory due to the course it happened on. Can’t wait for my next challenge.
 Message #95181 - This was a reply to message #95179
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Wednesday June 3, 2020 7:51 AM
I'd Like to propose an amendment to the rules. In the unlikely case two players make less than par, say one birdie on eagle, I would like for the chain to be awarded to the player who made eagle. As he technically made a better score.
 Message #95223 - This was a reply to message #95181
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Wednesday June 3, 2020 3:38 PM
Absolutely. Regardless of who putts first/last, closest/furthest, eagle trumps birdie!
 Message #95225 - This was a reply to message #95223
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Saturday June 6, 2020 7:16 PM
Birdie Chain was out and about again today at Mission hills with Gregholla, Apisarski, and Hillary.

It was a windy day and tight fairways dont help so there was only one chain taken today. I will describe the hole before I post who made the shot for the chain.

Hole 11 545 yard par 5 down wind. Player hits a bomb drive but left and into the tree's Next shot was 225-230 yards from the front of the green but a tree branch 30 yards ahead is only 7 feet off the ground. Player decided to hit 4 iron with the ball back in the stance and hits a low stinger that stays under the branch. Player drives up looking for his ball short of the green and its not there. The ball ended up on the back of the green with a 50' eagle chance. Player is reminded of last weeks eagle cam so the film was rolling. Player hits a beautiful looking putt that is tracking very well. With about 3 feet to go the ball takes a left turn and dies leaving less than a foot for a tap in birdie. This could of been the players 2 eagle in two weeks but I left it short.

As you can tell it was I who made the lone birdie. I did hit 7 greens in reg or better but one 3 putt and 6 two putts.
 Message #95257 - This was a reply to message #93805
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Sunday June 7, 2020 7:51 AM
Only makes the Eagle at Pebble more special. Start getting too many of them and it losses its pizzaz. Just think, at the end of the year saying you only had one Eagle but it was at Pebble Peach! And to think some Pompous @$$ said you couldn't reach it in two! Lol.
 Message #95263 - This was a reply to message #95257
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Friday June 12, 2020 11:23 PM
The Chain moved hands a few times today at Arrowood. First off Johnny GK dropped a nice birdie on hole 1. Johnny dropped another bird on 10. Later in the round not sure what hole but Andrewz28 had the chain with a solid birdie with a 6 iron tee shot to wedge and a long birdie putt.

On hole 16 Gary00 made a couple of beautiful shots and dropped a good 10 footer for birdie.

On Hole 17 I was about 30 feet left, Gary00 puts his tee shot 20 feet from the hole, Johnny puts hit 15 feet,, and Andrew Z28 almost jarred it leaving about a 5 ft slider. I had a mountain and a valley to go through and missed my putt by 2 feet on the low side. Johnny hits a great putt but the pace dies just short. Gary missed and that left Andrew with a 5 ft knee knocker. Sadly he misses high side.

Hole 18 all of us were in play off the tee. I pulled my 4 iron into the S%!t leaving me with a 120 yard look at birdie I tried to compress and spin the ball back into the hole but to no avail 10 yards long. Both Johnny and Andrew had one more shot at bird but to no Avail.

Congrats to Gary00 on taking the chain. I look forward to hearing about your defense when you play next week.
 Message #95350 - This was a reply to message #95263
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Saturday June 13, 2020 1:05 PM
Nice work all!!! Sounds like it was another action packed thriller of a battle! A BCB where everyone has their hands on it is always a good time ! I Will update the master list once I fire up my computer.
 Message #95355 - This was a reply to message #95350
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Saturday June 13, 2020 1:45 PM
QUOTED  A BCB where everyone has their hands on it is always a good time

Everyone Except me
 Message #95356 - This was a reply to message #95355
gary00
GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    jack
Favorite Golf Course:
    arrow wood

Saturday June 13, 2020 2:25 PM
just to be clear--the description of my bird was to be as follows: 150 yards out approach is a high climber with about a yard of fade that drops in about 4 feet from a back right pin which is strategically placed to be just legal. Now the reality is the shot was low hit somewhat thin that used the hill in front of the green to take off some steam and then somehow took the contour to scoot and roll to where it stopped, Since the green is elevated none of this was visible so for all we know one of the friendly squirrels could have helped as well. But the putt did go in

since the green is elevated
 Message #95358 - This was a reply to message #95356
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Saturday June 27, 2020 11:25 PM
The official Traveling Birdie Chain is now back in Northern California and in the hands of DeepSea14. I know there were some exchanges at Black Gold earlier in the week before Peter wrestled it away from DConnally earlier today. Details will be updated once they come in.
 Message #95525 - This was a reply to message #95358

Listing 41 to 50 of 104 Replies

PAGES: 11 3 4 5 6 7

[ Community Page ]