Played on 9/8 at 9am. Course was wide open and only a handful of golfers out. My buddy and I played in about 3 hours flat.
It was hot and strangely very humid on this morning. The Mountain course is always a fun and challenging layout.
The summer conditions and heat waves have been apparent on the course, as there are parts of the greens and some areas of the course that are burned out.
- The black tee boxes had some minor leveling issues but good coverage.
- Fairways had good coverage and were good for summer, though far from their pristine winter condition.
- Rough was good and not overly penal, with sporadic areas of deep stuff that mowers can't get to.
- Sand traps were in very good condition, including the waste areas.
- Greens were a bit of a disappointment. They were very firm, often not showing ball marks, but running quite slow. The edges were burned out, but the rolls held their lines, if you could get the ball to the hole.
PGA West courses have some great warmup and practice areas, and the La Quinta Resort courses are no different. Staff was great.
Recommended, especially for the current summer pricing.» Close