Click To View Golf Course Page

Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot May-17 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot May-17 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 34 Replies

PAGES: 4 1 2 3 4
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot May-17 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday May 1, 2017 6:34 AM
May - Its Spring Time! - Quite possibly the best month out of the year to play - I hope you are!

I'll be teeing it up a bunch

Looking forward to your posts.
GK is now on FACEBOOK! CLICK HERE and become a fan!
 Message #83563
roarksown1
RE: What d'you shoot May-17 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

Favorite Golfer:
    Whoever's with me playing
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn

Monday May 1, 2017 10:06 AM
After all the tales about the difficulties and fast greens at Ram's Hill, I was prepared for the worst on my visit there this past Sunday, but was pleasantly surprised that, despite finding myself in six-straight bunkers on the back nine (and seven overall), I played the same ball all day, only suffered one penalty, made two sand saves, and rolled in just 31 putts to shoot a nice 87 on my first-ever visit. Maybe that move to play the blue tees instead of the gold tees paid off! Highlights included coming up just shy of the eagle on the par 5 2nd hole after reaching in two, a very long two-putt for par that covered about 80-90 feet, birdie on 17 after chipping off the green from the bunker, and playing it smart after a bad second shot on 18, laying up, getting it close and putting for par. Super fun day out with the Gurus!

(Just realized this actually belongs in April since it was the last day but somehow I think we're all gonna get past this. Somehow.)

[[Edited by roarksown1 on Monday May 1, 2017 10:08 AM]]
 Message #83564 - This was a reply to message #83563
Itslikeimsayin

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Tuesday May 2, 2017 11:31 PM
StoneRidge CC kicked the crud out of me today. Started nicely with a birdie on the par-5 first (had no birdies for at least four previous rounds, so that felt good). Double on No. 4 when I found the left side trees off the tee and had to punch out. On No. 6 (par 4) I sprayed my drive right into the trees but actually had an opening to the green, but hit that one poorly, which ricocheted off a tree into the hazard. Eventually I was on the green in 5 and then FOUR PUTTED when the first three putts were all much faster than I expected them to be. I got in jail again on the par-4 8th, which led to a quad. Finished the front nine with a terrible wedge approach into some flower beds on No. 9, which led to a 7. My front nine 51 included every number between 3-9 (two fours and two fives).

Back nine was a little more even keeled, although I bladed my approach to the par-5 15th over the green OB and took a triple.

51-44=95, my worst score in recent memory. (Adjusted 88.)

I might need a rematch with StoneRidge!
 Message #83579 - This was a reply to message #83564
TheBigDog
Event Organizer

Favorite Golfer:
    Steve Stricker
Favorite Golf Course:
    Robinson Ranch

Saturday May 6, 2017 9:37 PM
Finally breaking out of a recent slump.

Played Rancho Vista in Palmdale on Wednesday with my usual foursome. A bogey on #2, birdie on #3 then 6 straight pars gave me an even par 36 on the front. Played 10-17 at one over par leaving me one over after 17. All I needed was a par on the par 5 18th to set a personal best on this course.

But noooo.....my third barely reached the front of the green (pin was in the back) and then I four-putted for a double bogey to shoot 39 coming in.

Even with the choke job on the final hole the 75 was my best round this year.
 Message #83611 - This was a reply to message #83579
kviser

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event LA-GK-Meetup-Winner: LA GK Meetup Winner

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    River Ridge

Sunday May 7, 2017 9:17 AM
Wish I was playing more lately, but due to other commitments I have been away from my usual 4-6 rounds/month. I played once in April and so far once this month.

Got out yesterday with fellow GKer, DKnight at Hansen Dam. Not too crowded but the greens are still recovering from aeration. Shot a 50 on the front, but found my game and shot a 40 on the back nine.

Just for fun, I put my grandfather's old Ajay Double Trouble wedge back in my bag for any deep kikuyu rough. It is a 60 degree wedge and is super heavy and has a nice oversize face. It's great for greenside shots, but not so good (for me) out of the bunkers.

I was hitting my driver and 3-wood well; managed to get to the front of #12 in two shots. That's big for me, some of you other guys have no problem but I seem to lose a couple of yards every year now.

Hopefully, I will get more golf in later this month.
 Message #83613 - This was a reply to message #83563
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    CHUCK NORRIS
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Monday May 8, 2017 7:46 AM
Shot an 89 on PGA west Nicklaus course. My long irons took the day off and cause a majority of my larger scores. The good news was I only had one 3 putt
 Message #83626 - This was a reply to message #83613
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Monday May 8, 2017 3:35 PM
PGA West Nicklaus, 88, 31 putts, 1 three putt, hit the ball well at times, but not always to the right place, short pitching game is still horrible and just didn't make enough putts (I couldn't make putts at the Stadium course or here).
 Message #83632 - This was a reply to message #83626
nachosgrande

Favorite Golfer:
    My Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Wednesday May 10, 2017 10:46 AM
Shot 83 (39-44) on Torrey Pines South in the wind and rain on Sunday afternoon. I hadn't played in adverse conditions like that in a few years. It was a lot of fun walking in the rain like that on a mostly empty golf course. Drove it pretty well, but the irons were off and I gave away a few strokes out of the wet sand and with some three putts on the second nine. Overall, I was generally pleased with how I played given the conditions.
 Message #83655 - This was a reply to message #83563
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Sunday May 14, 2017 8:20 PM
39-40=79 from the Blues at Arrowood. Good ball striking day and 27 putts didn't hurt. 1 bird and only one hole worse than bogey, 18 after a perfect drive I duffed a 4 iron straight into the drink, sad double. Played with Jeff jgill07 who, no surprise, GKer, was a pleasure to play with . . . aren't we all a pleasure to play with? Don't answer that! Always a pleasure to play with people that take their game seriously and want to do well, but don't take themselves so seriously that they can't laugh at the occasional mess up.
 Message #83686 - This was a reply to message #83655
roarksown1

Favorite Golfer:
    Whoever's with me playing
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn

Sunday May 14, 2017 8:34 PM
Another 'close but no cigar' in the race to finally break 80. Played the blue tees at Harding this week and started off poorly with a double on 1, then bounced right back with a birdie on 2. Went +3 the next two holes and then went on a par run from 5-11. 12 killed me though after a poorly struck tee shot still ended up center of the fairway with a 9i remaining, pulled it left, cartpath bounce, punch under the fence, chip into the tree, triple bogey. After that cleaned it up again and missed three very good birdie chances in a row before getting another bird on 17. But needed birdie on 18 to get the job done but folded like a cheap suit with a double. In the end? Two good nines at 41 each for an 82. The quest continues ...
 Message #83687 - This was a reply to message #83686

Listing 1 to 10 of 34 Replies

PAGES: 4 1 2 3 4

[ Community Page ]