Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot January 2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot January 2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 20 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot January 2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday January 1, 2020 3:34 PM
Wow 2020.

So how you kicking off your decade of golf?

Eager to hear the stories!

Happy New Year!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #93093
mpisarski01
RE: What d'you shoot January 2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Grizzly Ranch

Thursday January 2, 2020 7:11 AM
Ventured back out to mission hills with Alex, Hillary and Greg on New years day. Who new that the same issues wouldn't go away in 4 days. Very rough start to the round again even after a good range session before. We started on the back nine and I fired off a 53. If there was water my ball found it regardless of which side of the fairway it was on. As was the case on Sat. the back (1-9) went well making birdie on 2 and pars on a handful of holes for a 41. 92 was not how I wanted to start this year but Any golf is good golf.

On a side note we played hole 10-14 again on the way back to the clubhouse and I hit a 300+ yard drive and 3 pars so I had that going for me.

Happy New Year GK.

[[Edited by mpisarski01 on Thursday January 2, 2020 8:14 AM]]
 Message #93094 - This was a reply to message #93093
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Grizzly Ranch

Saturday January 4, 2020 9:03 PM
Snagged a $80 deal on Teeoff.com for PGA West Stadium course today. I came out firing on all cylinders which is opposite of what I normally have been doing as of late. Started the round par, birdie, par, par, par and after a couple bogeys on tough holes I went out with a 39. I am excited because I have always played well on stadium. I hit a lot of good approach shots.

A couple highlights were hole two I crushed my drive and then hit a wedge from 85 yards to about 6 feet and dropped the putt. Then hole 5 I saved a par after splashing my layup. I was pissed at myself because I aimed left to allow ample landing room and just pushed it a touch. I dropped at point of entrance and put my approach about 2ft from the hole.

Then came the back nine. I splashed on holes 10, 13, and the island 17th. follow those with some very fast greens not holding shots and the tee boxes all the way back at the tips. I crashed back in with a 46 for a respectable 85.

On the back nine 5 of the tee's we placed at the tips including hole 11 which had a back pin location and played 655 yards with a light breeze in the face. I blasted a low running drive about 240 but left of the fairway bunkers. I then blasted a drawing 3wd around a tree that rolled out 230 total yards. I landed my approach on the front of the green and spun it off and made a great putt from off the green 80ft to about 4ft and dropped the par. The other highlight was escaping San Andres bunker on 16 for a par.

The course is fully ready for the PGA Tour event in two weeks greens are already at a 12 and there where a handful of pros on the range with their caddies. All the stands are up and the only thing left to put in are the ropes and scoreboards.

[[Edited by mpisarski01 on Saturday January 4, 2020 9:53 PM]]
 Message #93122 - This was a reply to message #93094
noeldaof

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday January 7, 2020 10:09 AM
@mpisarski01, sounds like a fun day a the west.
JVGA
 Message #93129 - This was a reply to message #93122
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Thursday January 9, 2020 6:04 PM
Torrey South, 86 . . . 30 putts. Keep it in the fairway and good things can happen.
 Message #93145 - This was a reply to message #93129
FirstFlightFX-101

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Arrowhead Country Club

Saturday January 11, 2020 10:21 AM
1/10/2020, 8 pars(6 in a row), scored 2 below my index, & my new RTX4 was on fire!
What's better? Did it front of 3 buddies(2 of them are gurus to me), for lowest score between us. ;-)

Love this game!
Cheers,
 Message #93158 - This was a reply to message #93093
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Grizzly Ranch

Saturday January 11, 2020 10:54 PM
I shot 68!!.................................... through 15 holes POP was 5:15 to play 15 haha good drives most of the day. Iron play was suspect at best and putting was on pace for 28-29. We were not gonna wait another hour to finish but if I par’d out I would’ve shot 81 which would’ve been nice but who knows.
 Message #93159 - This was a reply to message #93158
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Grizzly Ranch

Saturday January 11, 2020 10:54 PM
I shot 68!!.................................... through 15 holes POP was 5:15 to play 15 haha good drives most of the day. Iron play was suspect at best and putting was on pace for 28-29. We were not gonna wait another hour to finish but if I par’d out I would’ve shot 81 which would’ve been nice but who knows.
 Message #93160 - This was a reply to message #93158
lotrgolfer48

GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Tommy Fleetwood
Favorite Golf Course:
    Chambers Bay

Monday January 13, 2020 9:25 PM
QUOTED  [Posted By Rat-Patrol on 01.09.2020 6:04 PM]

Torrey South, 86 . . . 30 putts. Keep it in the fairway and good things can happen

True Jim. But d%mn ... miss by just a little and you're going to be hurting. I also can't remember the last time I sunk half a foot into the sand after stepping in it! Smooth 78 with two doubles and two 3 jacks for me. Birdied 12 though!
 Message #93195 - This was a reply to message #93145
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Thursday January 16, 2020 4:00 PM
I tried all week to make it to the Reflection Bay guru round but things just didn't work out. I have been going crazy to play after 3 months off and my second knee replacement. I was so geared up to play I decided to make a quick trip to Yucaipa and play some golf. Had a lot of rust to work off but played very well for that much time off. Went out at 8:30 and finished before 11:30. Played by myself most of the time and caught up to another single at the 10th and still finished in record time. Hit a lot of tee shots off the toe or heal and had to club up to reach on my approach shots. Was 9 over after 6 holes then birdied 7 and finished par,par for a lousy 44. Hit the ball well on the back 9 but still couldn't score. Way too many 3 putts. Greens killed me with 40 putts on the day. Felt good to play and felt I was getting good contact. Did finish with a par, bogey, par but a 48 on the back killed me. Well nowhere to go but up from here. May only get in a couple rounds before spring so counting on a good summer this year!
 Message #93211 - This was a reply to message #93195

Listing 1 to 10 of 20 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]