P790
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Rickie, Bubba, Phil, Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    I love em all

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday June 21, 2018 3:50 PM
Getting back into playing more often and am thinking about upgrading my clubs. I currently have mixed set of tour preferreds and I hit my P, 9, and 8 a lot so the faces are all black now. Those clubs get the most work because i like to hit knockdowns into the greens whenever possible... Wondering if it is worth getting newer heads and putting them on or just getting new set all together...So...

Anyone play the p790s? Thoughts?
 Message #88645
kurator62
RE: P790

Favorite Golfer:
    fred couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    classic club

Thursday June 21, 2018 6:22 PM
they look real cool, if that helps
 Message #88647 - This was a reply to message #88645
kurator62

Favorite Golfer:
    fred couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    classic club

Thursday June 21, 2018 6:22 PM
they look real cool, if that helps
 Message #88648 - This was a reply to message #88645
bnr1986

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    prestwick GC

Friday June 22, 2018 8:40 AM
p790s are gorgeous at address and all the forgiveness is hidden in those small heads. def want to check the lofts on them vs your TPs. which year TPs do you have? they used that moniker on so many sets say 07 through 2012, thats why i ask. also, the p790s are not cheap given that they are so new. see if you can snag a set of PSIs from 2016 somewhere. if you're a mid-level single digit or at least strike the ball like one, see if you can snag a set of psi combo's where the long/mid irons are the standard psi's and the scoring irons are the psi tour. i know rockbottom golf has great deals on sets of psi's and psi tours that are like new condition wise.
 Message #88650 - This was a reply to message #88645
noeldaof
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday June 22, 2018 8:57 AM
It all depends on how you feel about it my friend. True for most, it's the short irons that gets plenty of use and the more we use them the closer attached we become with the clubs. At least that's the way I feel. But then again, if I had option(s) I would go with a newer fitted set of irons as a choice- I mean a whole set. I've done the replacement deal with the 716 CB that I've only been playing for a little over two years- the PW, 9, 8 got replaced, now the 7, 6, n 5... It's okay- I get by and it works as long as I can find the same model and specs. But when and if I get my next chance, I would just get a whole new set.

To put a little spin about old and new, I'm sure you've heard Tommy Fleetwood's 63 on the last day of the US Open. He shot that with a worn out groves in his irons that his ol company (Nike) stopped making. (he's down to his last back up set). That's pretty cool, I think.
JVGA
 Message #88651 - This was a reply to message #88645

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]