EZLinks/TeeOff.com down
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday April 27, 2017 9:50 PM
Today I received emails from both Tijeras Creek and the Crossings at Carlsbad stating that their EZLinks-powered tee sheets are down. Their retail component, TeeOff.com, has also been down all day. The Crossings email said they *hope* to have it back up by tomorrow. I'm posting to recommend anyone holding a tee time through either of these services to print their confirmation emails if you're playing in the next few days. It's probably a huge nightmare at all courses that use EZLinks to run their tee sheet.
 Message #83529
sixpez
RE: EZLinks/TeeOff.com down
SoCal Community Staff

sixpez: sixpez - Golf Normad GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Tend to root for Phil
Favorite Golf Course:
    Mt. Shasta Resort

Friday April 28, 2017 6:27 AM
Yes, this is a huge nightmare scenario.

I was actually considering another trip out to AZ today, but EZLinks/TeeOff killed the plan entirely. I wanted to go out and play Wickenburg Ranch, which (like many courses in AZ) has their tee times managed through EZ. The booking page on their site was down. TeeOff was down (and still is). Even GolfNow wouldn't allow me to book a non-hot-deal tee time there because they, too, are connected to the course's main booking engine. To top it all off, when you call the phone number for any EZ-managed course in Arizona, it sends you first to an EZLinks call center instead of the pro shop. Naturally, when I tried that yesterday I was on hold forever and it was not worth the trouble.

I sure wasn't going to drive out this morning and walk on at the course. Even though I figured the tee sheet would be wide open because bookings aren't happening, I would have no idea what price they would charge me. When their site was working earlier in the week, it was clear they use a "priority" tee time algorithm, so every online time had a different green fee.

I assume the courses have been running blind while the systems are down. Not to mention, nobody is able to book a tee time, so they're losing a ton of business. They are so dependent on the computers now, this is a worst-case scenario.

It's one thing if a third-party booking site like GN goes down. Unfortunately, EZLinks directly manages tee time systems for the actual courses. If their system is down, so is the course's.

Mark's recommendation above is very, very good. Print out any confirmations from already-booked rounds. Otherwise, they may not have your booking and they also won't know what price you are supposed to pay. It will still likely be a lot of confusion until the system is back up. Good luck!

[[Edited by sixpez on Friday April 28, 2017 7:50 AM]]
 Message #83531 - This was a reply to message #83529
golferic420

Favorite Golfer:
    Lefty
Favorite Golf Course:
    Las Vegas Paiute

Friday April 28, 2017 7:46 AM
That is crazy. I'm a sales exec for software in the hospitality industry, and for them to be down for multiple days (I tried to book Lakewood yesterday for a Saturday tee time - and was told our system is down), is just nuts. They don't have any 'backup' features, like going to a manual tee sheet, or anything like that in case this were to happen.
Seems like the next billion dollar idea is to have a tee time management system with multiple redundancies built in.
If someone here builds it, I'll sell it, haha!!
 Message #83533 - This was a reply to message #83531
ringworld

Community Director

GK Event: Played in a GK Event ringworld-blog: golfing guru ringworld blog

Favorite Golfer:
    Rory Mcilroy he's peachy
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spanish Bay Pebble Beach

Friday April 28, 2017 10:59 AM
This is exactly why I don't like "Cloud"-based applications. 1 hiccup and it's good night Alice! I bet you it's a router/service issue. They need to have a combination of cloud and site based applications to keep them running.

Has GN ever had an issue like that? Or is TeeOff.com that integrate where both the tee sheets and online reservation system use the same servers... I would like to know who the genius was that decided it should all be on the same system? Or is it?

One thing about old school engineers they always considered the impossible. It should never happen but somehow Murphy always finds a way in
Work Hard. Play Golf! www.ace-cases.com
Oh yeah, I blog too: www.golfing-guru.com

Know before you go.... golfing with Greenskeeper.org!
 Message #83536 - This was a reply to message #83533
sngernz

Favorite Golfer:
    Bubba!
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spyglass Hill

Friday April 28, 2017 12:05 PM
QUOTED  This is exactly why I don't like "Cloud"-based applications. 1 hiccup and it's good night Alice! I bet you it's a router/service issue. They need to have a combination of cloud and site based applications to keep them running.

I'm thinking it's North Korea in retaliation for us crashing their missile launch a couple weeks ago. Cyber warfare is on!
 Message #83538 - This was a reply to message #83536
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Friday April 28, 2017 7:36 PM
They do still have the technology to accommodate tee times. It's a bit old fashion, but, it's called a telephone or simply "phone" for short. You first must obtain the "phone" number* of the golf course you want to book at, then dial said number (push the corresponding numbers in the same order as the "phone" number indicates) then when the person from the course answers the phone you will be required to speak to them , you know "USE YOUR WORDS", in this way you may arrange an appropriate tee time that aligns with your needs. As the inter web thingy isn't working you may actually be able to negotiate a favorable price for said tee time. I hope that helps, so get out there and call the clubhouse!

*String of specific numbers that a telephone or cell phone user can dial to reach another telephone or mobile phone. In the US, a phone number consists of 10 numeric digits, and sometimes requires dialing a 1 (the US country code) before the 10 digits.

http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/phone-number.html
 Message #83546 - This was a reply to message #83538
Itslikeimsayin

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Friday April 28, 2017 7:49 PM
Here's what Tijeras Creek sent out, Rat:
We apologize but unfortunately our tee sheet is currently down and tee times cannot be made either online or by phone here at the golf course. We are working to correct this issue as soon as possible.

Emails I received today from American Golf managed courses did say they could accept phone bookings, though.
 Message #83547 - This was a reply to message #83546
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Friday April 28, 2017 7:54 PM
I guess they don't have the technology . . . still if I was Keith I would try to call ahead . . . I mean really, Ram's Hill for my birthday is just a quick drive around the block for that kid!
 Message #83548 - This was a reply to message #83547
sammy3

Favorite Golfer:
    Tommy Bolt
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble

Friday April 28, 2017 8:10 PM
I was Los Serranos today and I heard 2 people trying to check in with a Golf Now tee time and the course had no record for either of them. They were not together and different tee times.
 Message #83549 - This was a reply to message #83548
sirfun

Favorite Golfer:
    Brandon Hagy
Favorite Golf Course:
    Augusta

Saturday April 29, 2017 9:29 AM
I've recently noticed when I call several of the ventura county courses and they give you a extension for tee times you end up on hold for a long time and end up talking to someone at a call center. They also spend a lot of time getting all the personal info they can from you. This must be that EZ Links crap. I bypass them now, and call the pro-
shop extension so I can talk to someone AT the course and get info and tee times from them.
 Message #83555 - This was a reply to message #83548

Listing 1 to 10 of 11 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]