Click To View Golf Course Page

Discussions in --- Use This to POST ---
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, Nickesquire, ringworld, weber2323

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
--- Use This to POST ---
What courses consistently are on the naughty or...
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What courses consistently are on the naughty or nice list?

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 6 of 6 Replies

PAGES: 1
Nickesquire
What courses consistently are on the naughty or nice list?
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack, Freddie, Tiger
Favorite Golf Course:
    Maderas Olivas Sherwood

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday December 8, 2017 10:02 AM
Customer service is much more an attitude than an aptitude. I was thinking about this while writing reviews for a couple of courses I played this week that I have played many times over the years... and always came away with positive impressions about their employees.

Some courses I have played many times at you had a pretty good idea ahead of time that you were going to have a totally positive experience. Others, not so much, and I am not just 1 employee either positive or negative.

What courses do you consistently have positive interactions with practically everyone you encounter?

Olivas Links is my favorite course because of the combination of price, layout, playing conditions and weather... but also because even after playing there around 100 times over the years, 99.9% of my experiences with anyone that worked there was positive. Racking my brain, I remember one over zealous Marshall years ago. Considering we are talking 15+ years of my playing there consistently, that is an amazing track record.

A few courses that I have played more than 5 times that were consistently good in this area include, in no particular order:

Woodhaven: They treat everyone like a member. Quick rounds w/o a Marshall, almost always on time with the tee sheet.

Cimarron: Several times have had employees go above and beyond what you would expect.

Indians Wells Celebrity/Players: Consistently some of the best customer service around.

Buenaventura: Friendly, efficient check-in is a given there.

Not talking a single encounter with any particular jerk, I am talking more than one time with different people. Are there any courses that you consistently had negative interactions with?

A course I rarely played in recent years even though I lived within 20 miles was Los Robles, and the primary reason was multiple negative experiences over the years. Maintenance people using blowers or mowing close by while you were on the tee or putting in multiple rounds. More than once feeling like I was jerked around on the waiting list when walking on as a single. Being charged full price when we did not get to tee off until well after twilight started because they were running way behind. Eliminating a bonus plan that offered free golf and refusing to honor the free round accumulated based on playing dozens of rounds there are but a few of my memories regarding LR.

PGA West Nicklaus/Stadium are side by side. Same clubhouse. They obviously train their Marshall's to quote how far along you should be based on the numbers of holes you have played since your scheduled tee time. If you teed off at 1:00 and it is now 2:30, you should be on hole #8, not #7 tee. So you get a lecture, not a warning about slow play. Got this once @ Nicklaus, once @ Stadium, different Marshall's and both times our 4some was waiting on the tee multiple minutes to hit because there was 4some after 4some ahead of us. When you are waiting 2-3 minutes on every tee, your group is NOT the problem. Which should be a statement of the obvious if they exercised ANY common sense and looked at course conditions rather than quote off a sheet where a group should be if the course was not crowded. Everyone wants good POP, but it was kind of unexpected for courses of that caliber to twice have eerily similar experiences.

[[Edited by Nickesquire on Friday December 8, 2017 10:04 AM]]
The goal is long and straight! But on the many times I cannot seem to hit them straight, I at least want to hit them long!
 Message #86433
roarksown1
RE: What courses consistently are on the naughty or nice list?

Favorite Golfer:
    Whoever's with me playing
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Friday December 8, 2017 10:24 AM
I always find everything about the way you are treated, and just as importantly, how the course is treated, at Alhambra to be exceptional. They are always pleasant and accommodating in every way possible, and they treat the course as if it really matters to them what their customers think about it. Top marks for that.
 Message #86434 - This was a reply to message #86433
24hourgolf

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday December 8, 2017 11:17 AM
Alhambra - Nice

Los Verdes - Nice

Rio Hondo - Naughty and Nice

Royal Vista - Nice

PGA West - Nice

Shadow Hills - Nice

La Contenta - Nice

La Purisima - Nice

Olivas Links - Nice

Crossings @ Carlsbad - Nice

De Laveaga - Nice

Pacific Grove - Nice
 Message #86435 - This was a reply to message #86433
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Friday December 8, 2017 1:50 PM
Riverview - Naughty

shorecliffs - naughty

castle creek- naughty

Links at summerly- naughty

[[Edited by mpisarski01 on Friday December 8, 2017 1:51 PM]]
 Message #86437 - This was a reply to message #86435
grantar2

Favorite Golfer:
    Danny Lee
Favorite Golf Course:
    Medowlark

Tuesday December 19, 2017 9:46 PM
Los Lagos - Naughty

Casta del Sol - Nice

David L. Baker - Nice

Ironwood - Nice

Meadowlark - Naughty / Nice

Lakeforest Practice Center - Naughty / Nice

Rancho San Joaquin - Naughty

Black Gold - Nice
 Message #86518 - This was a reply to message #86437
GDR23
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Woods--- Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Purisma Sandpiper

Thursday December 21, 2017 9:00 AM
Olivas, RiverRidge and Rustic are always professional and very nice. I have not met friendlier people than at Olivas. Had some rude employees in the past at Sterling Hills and on occasion in years past at Los Robles. The new management team at Soule Park are super friendly as well.
 Message #86541 - This was a reply to message #86518

Listing 1 to 6 of 6 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]