Click To View Golf Course Page

Discussions in --- Use This to POST ---
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, Nickesquire, ringworld, weber2323

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
--- Use This to POST ---
Ever Play with a TOP junior golfer? ... Yealimi...
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Ever Play with a TOP junior golfer? ... Yealimi Noh

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 6 of 6 Replies

PAGES: 1
JohnnyGK
Ever Play with a TOP junior golfer? ... Yealimi Noh

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday September 18, 2018 4:48 PM
Have you ever played golf with a top ranked Junior golfer?

Last week my friend George Kelley and I roll up to first tee at Corica Park South Course in Alameda, CA and he says to me "That's the girl I was telling you about, the one that shot -24 over 4 rounds at the 2018 Girls Junior PGA Championship setting the record." George has met her, her father and dad's friend Simon before so he asks if we can join them. Her father is caddying so we make a foursome.

Her name is Yealimi Noh, she's 17, and whoa, can this girl play. We played the blue tees and considering her average drive was around 260 (no joke) she looked very comfortable teeing it up at 6000+. I've only once played with a tour player, Duffy Waldorf years ago for nine holes in a charity event, let me say this, Yealimi had all the routines, focus and consistency Duffy did that day. She was playing a casual match play with Simon, who was a heck of a golfer, likely scratch, and I believe she won on a challenging tricky links style golf course she never played before.

Given that she's only going to get better and hit the ball longer, I think she's a lock to be on the LPGA.

[[Edited by JohnnyGK on Tuesday September 18, 2018 5:22 PM]]
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #89417
Alex326
RE: Ever Play with a TOP junior golfer? ... Yealimi Noh

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Tuesday September 18, 2018 6:58 PM
I'm sorry I didn't get to make that round. Would have been fun watching her play. Sounds like she's the real deal for sure.
 Message #89418 - This was a reply to message #89417
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Tuesday September 18, 2018 8:51 PM
QUOTED  I'm sorry I didn't get to make that round. Would have been fun watching her play. Sounds like she's the real deal for sure.

Yeah, I did not fair too well in a birdie battle with her. I think she had 4 birdies to my 2. I hit a bunch greens but did not convert much. Yealimi, super pure putting stroke. Once she got the speed dialed in putts were dropping from all over.

I did manage to drive the 13th green ... only to 3 putt. Besides the first hole, I was busting my drive out there all day. I definitely won the long drive contest. At least I brought that.

[[Edited by JohnnyGK on Tuesday September 18, 2018 8:51 PM]]
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #89419 - This was a reply to message #89418
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Tuesday September 18, 2018 9:53 PM
Nice work. Yeah I gave up trying to keep up (or even stay close) with you in the long drive department. I had two birdies myself today but also had waaaay too many 3 putts. It was an all or nothing day. Trying to align the stars to make it down for the GK Cup final.
 Message #89420 - This was a reply to message #89419
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Tuesday September 18, 2018 10:01 PM
QUOTED  Trying to align the stars to make it down for the GK Cup final.

Come on Down...The Price is Right!

You know what, it just dawned on me, I drove the 13th green at two different golf courses on back-to-back rounds!

... I also three putted the 13th green for par on back-to-back rounds ....
 Message #89421 - This was a reply to message #89420
grantar2

Favorite Golfer:
    Danny Lee
Favorite Golf Course:
    Medowlark

Sunday September 23, 2018 11:13 PM
I wouldn't say I have played with a top junior, however growing up I played with a ranked play on the junior PGA many times, a close friend, and getting continually beat as a single handicap got me to choose competitive tennis instead.

A couple of weeks ago I got beat on my local par 3 practice course (has two par 4's) by a six year old tuning up for a Friday tournament. Dad was a former competitive player, grand dad is a PGA teaching professional as was the kids great grand dad. His dad was caddying for him as we played, but wow.

Not as cool as what Johnny did hear, but there are some amazing golfers at very young ages out there.
 Message #89451 - This was a reply to message #89421

Listing 1 to 6 of 6 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]