OGWR #47 'Tin Cups' out of golf tourney
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack & Jordan
Favorite Golf Course:
    Baltusrol

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday November 9, 2019 3:29 PM
"Eddie Pepperell was disqualified from the Turkish Airlines Open on Saturday when he ran out of golf balls.

The English pro hit as many as five balls -- his playing partners were unsure -- into the water on the par-5 fourth hole at the Montgomerie Maxx Royal course during the third round of the $7 million European Tour event."

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/28041373/eddie-pepperell-disqualif ied-turkish-airlines-open-running-balls

Find hole #4 here:

http://www.montgomeriemaxxroyal.com/Holebyhole

I've heard that some pro golfers typically only take out 6 golf balls per round. So, when playing in an event when your balls must officially all be the same make and model, how many do you load up with? Can't remember when I've lost more than 3 in a round (a benefit of being a 'straight-ish' short-hitter).
 Message #92692
Nickesquire
RE: OGWR #47 'Tin Cups' out of golf tourney

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack, Freddie, Tiger
Favorite Golf Course:
    Maderas Olivas Sherwood

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday November 14, 2019 8:12 AM
One of the reports I read said that he was putting with his wedge and that his playing partners stated he appeared disinterested. This occurred BEFORE he hit all his balls in the water.

Based on his social media comments, Eddie appears to be quite the character. He would be far from the first professional golfer to decide (for whatever reason) he did not want to play or finish a round. Just walk off, you get fined or suspended. Get DQed because you hit all your balls in the water, you get international press. Either way, you are finished for the day/tournament.
The goal is long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, could I at least hit them straighter?
 Message #92713 - This was a reply to message #92692
noeldaof

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday November 14, 2019 11:34 AM
QUOTED  "Eddie Pepperell was disqualified from the Turkish Airlines Open on Saturday when he ran out of golf balls.

The English pro hit as many as five balls -- his playing partners were unsure -- into the water on the par-5 fourth hole at the Montgomerie Maxx Royal course during the third round of the $7 million European Tour event."

Never heard why anyone would be so disinterested like that- what could be making him do that or be in such a hurry to leave when clearly he could be making money.

QUOTED  I've heard that some pro golfers typically only take out 6 golf balls per round. So, when playing in an event when your balls must officially all be the same make and model, how many do you load up with? Can't remember when I've lost more than 3 in a round (a benefit of being a 'straight-ish' short-hitter).

There are only a handful of tournaments I've entered with a one ball rule, but I've been playing the same ball for many years. In that tournament, two sleeves? Outside of the tournament, there maybe some old balls of the same.
JVGA
 Message #92714 - This was a reply to message #92692
noeldaof

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday November 14, 2019 11:36 AM
QUOTED  [Posted By Nickesquire on 11.14.2019 8:12 AM]
One of the reports I read said that he was putting with his wedge and that his playing partners stated he appeared disinterested. This occurred BEFORE he hit all his balls in the water.

Based on his social media comments, Eddie appears to be quite the character. He would be far from the first professional golfer to decide (for whatever reason) he did not want to play or finish a round. Just walk off, you get fined or suspended. Get DQed because you hit all your balls in the water, you get international press. Either way, you are finished for the day/tournament.

Sidebar Hi Nick! Mike just mentioned how you two met.
JVGA
 Message #92715 - This was a reply to message #92713

Listing 1 to 4 of 4 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]