24hourgolf
LA County Greens Fees Raised March 1

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday February 28, 2020 12:26 PM
Going up on March 1. Each course will be different according to the person I spoke to. They will be using what they call tiered pricing. Los Verdes is considered a tier 1 course. Example: Los Verdes was $16.50 to walk for Seniors. It is going up to $21. Non senior will be $38. Suggest you check with your local County course to find out the fees.

Whittier Narrows will be $19.50 for seniors to walk, before twilight times. Santa Anita $19.50 as well.

[[Edited by 24hourgolf on Saturday February 29, 2020 4:33 PM]]
 Message #93739
tcmae
RE: LA County Greens Fees Raised March 1

Favorite Golfer:
    Anyone except for Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Los Verdes

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday March 6, 2020 7:40 PM
Is there a list of the updated green fees for the LA County courses? I'm very curious about the tiered prices, and which courses are which tiers. I looked at the courses websites, and Santa Anita has there new green fees listed, but all the American Golf operated courses websites don't have them updated yet, it still says it's $40 walking during the weekends. Thanks
 Message #93841 - This was a reply to message #93739
24hourgolf

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Saturday March 7, 2020 1:30 PM
I believe you can find it under Los Angeles County Golf. But who knows if they have updated the sheets? Some courses went up 3 dollars to 19.50 senior walking and Los Verdes went up $5 for walking. As I rarely play any L A County courses anymore, I would bet that all the 18 hole courses are now $19.50 with the exception of Los Verdes.
 Message #93844 - This was a reply to message #93841
tcmae

Favorite Golfer:
    Anyone except for Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Los Verdes

Sunday March 8, 2020 10:44 AM
It still has the old green fees effective back in 2016 unfortunately.
 Message #93846 - This was a reply to message #93844
stickboy

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Tuesday March 10, 2020 6:22 PM
$47 to walk Los Verdes on weekends.
 Message #93865 - This was a reply to message #93846
msherer260

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Saturday March 21, 2020 2:23 PM
I worked at a public course in Southern California 9 years ago when I retired....a good course whit Seniors $35 and others $40 Monday - Thursday...I was allowed to sit in during a yearly budget meeting (9 years ago) The study they had someone do for the course told them that at their current tee time rate the minimum green fee had to average $38 a round to keep course in black with not adding anything new to the course budget for the following year...I talked to the manager of the course Yesterday as we could not play anyway and I ask him how the course was doing and how much improvement he saw in the future...NOTHING, they had raised green fees $4 dollars in 8 years and lost 8% of tee times (still a good attended course) He said they hit red 3 years ago and now fought monthly to try and hit black once in awhile, and they were lucky the course was owned by a very wealthy family that just took the hit like it was not the end of the world for them. How much to stay in the black and make minor improvements $52 dollars average green fees...which he said would lose 20% of tee times they figured and up that average green fee to $57.....how long is public golf going to last in California??
 Message #94149 - This was a reply to message #93739

Listing 1 to 6 of 6 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]