My First Golf Lessons
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday September 7, 2018 9:58 AM
Good morning my GK's golfers. I have been playing golf for 8 years and watching YouTube videos to learn the proper set up, ball position, how to swing the clubs naturally, … I have never taken a Golf Lesson before. I thought, I was doing well with my game and never thought I needed a Golf Lesson. But this last Wednesday, I had the opportunity to meet with Gary (GDR23's) to receive my first golf lesson. Wow, wow, wow... I should off done this a long time ago. After meeting with Gary for 2 hrs and working on the "GAPP" as he calls it (Grip, Alignment, Position and Posture) I understood why my game is not consistent. We then work on my swing and oooo boy after watching my self in video and see what I was doing wrong. I was not to happy with my self, but boy did we work in re-building my bag habits.

Once, I got my swing and learning to compress the ball with my irons. I never hit my P-wage more then 80 yards. Now, I was hitting 100-110 yards. I was so impress with the results. Just by the work that Gary and I did in two hours I was hitting my irons 20-40 yards longer that I used to. Then we work on my driver OOOO BOY!!! I have never feel so good hitting my driver. I was hitting so far that, I told Gary "really is this really happening" Man, I should off listen to all of my GK's buddies that I had played with before. They were advising me to take some golf lessons, but I never listen. I can wait to take what I learned to the golf course and see what happens. I know that I will be struggling for a few rounds until and master my GAPP and my Golf Swing.

I'm very exciting to meet with Gary again and work on my short game. Thank you Gary for teaching me the GAPP and working with me on my swing.

Pedro7170
 Message #89319
JohnnyGK
RE: My First Golf Lessons

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday September 11, 2018 9:17 AM
Way to go Pedro!

I'm going to try to get my next lesson with Gary next week.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #89358 - This was a reply to message #89319

Listing 1 to 2 of 2 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]