Veterans take another hit.
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Ben Hogan
Favorite Golf Course:
    PGA West, Nicklaus Tourna

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday May 2, 2018 1:51 PM
Played Oak Quarry today and heard that Oak Quarry dropped its discount rate for "Veterans". Its another inexcusable reason from management to save another buck. This Course (among many others) (and I can named many others) has NO problem charging Holiday rates on Veterans and Memorial day because like other Courses, its the Mighty buck. They have Senior Rates, 9 hole rates, junior rates, members rate and free golf for employees (which is understandable) and there friends but "No Veterans rate. I'm sadden at the fact the our Vets and military continue to be used only when needed.
 Message #88066
24hourgolf
RE: Veterans take another hit.

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday May 2, 2018 2:38 PM
As a veteran, I too would like to see courses offer discounted rates for Veterans. Especially those Veterans who have been injured? But as a consumer, I can also see why these courses cannot limit the discounts to just veterans w/o facing difficulties from other individuals/groups who will feel, discriminated against. It is a hard business decision no doubt, for most clubs? But, I think if these courses would "think out of the box", they might just find many more ways to accommodate more diverse segments of the population. Perhaps this might just grow the game of golf, instead of limiting prices to just the general public, seniors, juniors, twilight, super twilight and the occasional special offers (Veterans Day, etc).
 Message #88070 - This was a reply to message #88066
Hogan

Favorite Golfer:
    Ben Hogan
Favorite Golf Course:
    Golf Club of Ca..LaPurisi

Wednesday May 2, 2018 3:59 PM
The way I see it, all veterans, especially disabled veterans, should play for FREE, Thank you for your service, and the sacrifices you made for all of us. God Bless you, and yours, drive safely, stay healthy, CGG...
 Message #88073 - This was a reply to message #88070
noeldaof

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday May 2, 2018 4:25 PM
Yes, I also feel that our veterans should get some kind of break on greens fee, range balls, and cart if need be.
JVGA
 Message #88074 - This was a reply to message #88066
CPennbo

Community Director/Women

Favorite Golfer:
    Annika/Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa

Wednesday May 2, 2018 7:02 PM
Have you written or called the GM and expressed your dissatisfaction? I think that might have a better chance of changing things then posting here- even though the GK group is pretty powerful! If the GM dismisses you then come back to us and we'll all help create the change. I can't imagine that there are really that many vets who are golfing that the Quarry would be losing money. It is rather disgraceful.
New Year's Resolution- HAVE MORE FUN, DO MORE, SEE MORE, LAUGH MORE!
 Message #88077 - This was a reply to message #88074
Hollis

Favorite Golfer:
    'Dick' Fowler,lol
Favorite Golf Course:
    Tukwet Canyon Canyons

Wednesday May 2, 2018 7:13 PM
Frankly, I'm very disappointed! In my opinion, veterans should be given more from this country and it's citizens! I, for one, and I'm sure there are many, many others who would pay an extra $10 knowing a deserving veteran was discounted that same $10!
 Message #88078 - This was a reply to message #88077
GDR23
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Woods--- Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Purisma Sandpiper

Wednesday May 2, 2018 8:10 PM
My grandpa and brother-in law served and my dad was in the reserves...+1 on your post. Thank you for your service.
 Message #88079 - This was a reply to message #88078
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Wednesday May 2, 2018 8:22 PM
So this is not an "Oak Quarry" thing, this is going on throughout the golf course industry at the worst time possible, during our social culture shift that is more about humanizing products and services through gratitude than micro-managing numbers. Basically the golf course industry is micro-managing its inventory (tee times) to such a degree its de-humanizing its brand at a time when its needs to be making significant steps to humanize it more. Its a "Social" game at its core. Maybe you have also been noticing golf courses eliminating birthday golf deals (for example Tustin Ranch, now managed by American Golf, got rid of their longtime birthday golf deal recently) - the Birthday Golf list on GK shrinks every year. Eliminating Veterans discounts is the same line of thinking.

So I'm going to suggest we approach this from a different angle, instead of going after golf courses that eliminate veterans deals, lets find the golf courses in Southern California that offer veterans deals and express our open sincere thanks. I can add to the GK Birthday Golf page a section for Veterans Deals. Then when a veteran plays that course, mention it in their review post here on GK how much its appreciated, mention it in a forum post, I'll do a GK Facebook post with that review, we'll get the word out about golf courses providing deals for Vets and other golf courses will take heed about the positive attention their fellow golf courses are getting. Its a small world in the golf course industry. They notice what other courses are doing.

Complaining to a golf course that removes or does not have Veterans deals will do absolutely no good. If we can show golf courses that their gratitude towards Veterans is advantageous for their business/brand than they will do them.
GK is now on FACEBOOK! CLICK HERE and become a fan!
 Message #88080 - This was a reply to message #88066
kviser

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event LA-GK-Meetup-Winner: LA GK Meetup Winner

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    River Ridge

Thursday May 3, 2018 8:53 AM
QUOTED  So I'm going to suggest we approach this from a different angle, instead of going after golf courses that eliminate veterans deals, lets find the golf courses in Southern California that offer veterans deals and express our open sincere thanks. I can add to the GK Birthday Golf page a section for Veterans Deals. Then when a veteran plays that course, mention it in their review post here on GK how much its appreciated, mention it in a forum post, I'll do a GK Facebook post with that review, we'll get the word out about golf courses providing deals for Vets and other golf courses will take heed about the positive attention their fellow golf courses are getting. Its a small world in the golf course industry. They notice what other courses are doing.

It's always good to focus on the positive.
 Message #88087 - This was a reply to message #88080
dcricket

Favorite Golfer:
    Bubbah/Spieth
Favorite Golf Course:
    Several

Thursday May 3, 2018 6:22 PM
Great idea Johnny.
I'm glad to have served this great country for 10 years as were all three of my siblings, father, grandfather....
I played Sycuan one year and they were offering Free golf with only the cost of the cart and a recommended donation that went to a charitable veteran's group. Not sure if they are still doing that each year...but it was a great day for myself and several Sailors from the office at the time.
God Bless the U. S.
 Message #88093 - This was a reply to message #88087

Listing 1 to 10 of 15 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]