New carts and Shark Experience

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    My son-in-law
Favorite Golf Course:
    River Ridge

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday October 11, 2019 1:26 PM
Just received an email from L.A. City Golf. Looks like the munis are getting new carts:

L.A. City Golf is excited to announce the arrival of a brand new fleet of golf carts!
Our new, shiny blue ClubCars will be equipped with the all new Shark Experience!
New carts are arriving at Woodley Lakes on 10/21, Griffith Park on 10/28, Rancho
Park on 11/4, Sepulveda on 11/12, Hansen Dam on 11/18, and Harbor Park on 11/21.
Please note that a credit card authorization hold will be required to rent an electric cart

Now, about that Shark Experience. While GPS and flight tracking should speed up the game, I wonder if live streaming sports events might slow it down. I picture the foursome in front of me stopping to watch a last minute field goal. ... or watching a Greg Norman pro-tip on sand shots before stepping into a green side bunker. All in all, it's cool tech. Anyway, does the crowd out there have thoughts on this?

Here's the link to the Shark Experience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCN4u3fshFc
 Message #92559
Lary1
RE: New carts and Shark Experience

Favorite Golfer:
    Me
Favorite Golf Course:
    Any in LaQuinta

Sunday October 13, 2019 7:50 PM
Eagle Glen has the shark experience at the beginning of the year and it was a complete bust.
 Message #92562 - This was a reply to message #92559
tcmae
RE: New carts and Shark Experience

Favorite Golfer:
    Anyone except for Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Los Verdes

Monday October 14, 2019 9:31 PM
I remember I played Eagle Glen back in June, and I remember that the touchscreen in the GPS wasn't working well, and wouldn't work when touching the screen. I didn't notice that it was the new Shark Experience where not only it has GPS but you can also watch live sports and listen to music within the carts GPS. When I saw this post, I looked up on the Shark Experience's website to look at which courses here have it, and the only public course that has it other than the LA City courses was Eagle Glen. Then when you posted this comment response, I wasn't surprised that you call it a complete bust, because I remember the touchscreen wasn't cooperating when touching the screen when I played Eagle Glen back in June. Glad to hear though that the LA City courses are gonna get it, and that my local and I would say my "home" course of Griffith Park will finally have GPS, although they already have their own GPS on their LA City Golf app.

[[Edited by tcmae on Monday October 14, 2019 9:33 PM]]

[[Edited by tcmae on Wednesday October 16, 2019 8:39 PM]]
 Message #92570 - This was a reply to message #92562

Listing 1 to 3 of 3 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]