Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot April-2022 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot April-2022 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 8 of 8 Replies

PAGES: 1
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot April-2022 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday April 1, 2022 7:21 AM
Spring is here! - Golf season kicks into high gear with longer days and beautiful conditioned courses!

Looking forward to posts about your rounds and reading your reviews.

Hoping to get out and play a few rounds as well
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #101723
mpisarski01
RE: What d'you shoot April-2022 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circling Raven

Friday April 1, 2022 10:00 AM
Snuck out this morning at LA Country Club South for 9 holes with a high profile client (Bill) this morning.

Hole 1 was 324 yards I hit a booming drive dead straight at the flag it landed just short of the green and rolled up leaving me a 40' putt for eagle. I line up the putt and gave it a good whack because of the morning dew and it just barley had enough speed to drop in the front of the cup.

Hole 2 360 yard par 4 with a slight dog leg right. I hot a nice drive with a small fade just barley covering the bunker on the right side. A good chip on and two putt for par.

Hole 3 was a long par 5 at 580 yards. Went Driver, 3WD, PW to the green for a tap in birdie.

Hole 4 you could have called me David Hasselhoff as I spent too much time on the beach for a bogey.

Hole 5 was a nice easy par after missing the fairway.

Then a fortunate run began on hole 6 I once again hit a hellacious seed with a easy pitch and 1 putt birdie, Bill was cussing me out at this point calling me a sandbagger.

Hole 7 is a very easy 125 yard par 3 I hit a very easy PW to dead center of the green making the 15 foot birdie putt again.

Hole 8 is a short dog leg left but well protected by trees and bushes, I hit a safe drive and was forced to layup to about 50 yards. I hit my wedge a bit long but zipped it back to about 8 feet and made the birdie.

We get to hole 9 and Bill is pissed because I only gave him 5 strokes a side and am leading him by 10 strokes he said he is done after this hole and I wont be able to play the back nine without a member. I am just thrilled on the day to be playing LACC so it wasn't too much of a let down. I get to the tee box and grab my 9 iron for the 150 yard par 3. I hit my tee shot just left of the flag and hit the slope of the green and the ball kept trickling towards the flag. It felt like eternity as the ball slowly meandered closer and closer until BAM it dropped for a HOLE IN ONE!!! I bat flip my iron and Bill bear hugs me as our caddy is shaking his head in dis belief because a 10 handicap just shot 7 under through 9 holes.

Bill still decides he is done for the day and I figured that's a good one to end on. We grab breakfast in the clubhouse and I bought a round for the boys. Bill lets me know that if I wanted he can get me in the club as a referral from him but I politely remind him I am a peasant who doesn't have 500K to join the club unless he lets me star with him in his next Caddyshack or Ghost busters movie.

All in all this was a great April Fools Day.
 Message #101725 - This was a reply to message #101723
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Sunday April 10, 2022 9:16 AM
Played a solid round at The Saticoy Club on Thursday with GK Gurus from the blue tees. We opened up our round with a stiff 15-20mph left to right wind on the first two holes that became a stiff head wind for 4 of the next 7 holes. Everything lush including nasty long fescue on the edge of all the bunkers. You were better off in their challenging bunkers than in that stuff. Anyway, played better than my score 93. Shot 50 - 43. Hit my driver well all day with one exception that cost me my only triple bogey. Hot dog putter did well with just a few 3 putts (these greens are treacherous). Had I judged the up hill speeds of my putts better instead of consistently leaving them short on line I'd likely have broke 90. Irons need to improve. Had too many good looks from the fairways I did not take advantage of. Pitching and bunker play decent. Super tough track. Happy!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #101861 - This was a reply to message #101723
GDR23
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Purisma Sandpiper

Tuesday April 12, 2022 6:59 PM
Had a solid striking round at The Saticoy CC yesterday with the GK golf moose crew. We had a swirling 15mph wind for most of the day. Our group played the combo tees. Drove the 2nd green and 3 jacked for a par. Made 2 birdies and bogeyed both par 3s on the front for a 36. Bogeyed number 11 and made 8 pars on the back for a 73. 3rd time playing here and would highly recommend jumping on any chance you have to play it. Fantastic challenging layout and conditions. Review shortly.
Please check my websitegdrgolf instruction click here
 Message #101891 - This was a reply to message #101861
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spyglass Hill

Friday April 22, 2022 9:36 PM
It was a good day at Rio Hondo. Broke 80 today for just the third time with a 79 - one birdie, eight pars and nine bogeys. How do I bottle this now?
 Message #101970 - This was a reply to message #101891
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Friday April 22, 2022 11:18 PM
QUOTED  Broke 80 today

Well done. It must be the new shirts!!
 Message #101971 - This was a reply to message #101970
Rat-Patrol
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Thursday April 28, 2022 7:29 PM
First time out since Bear Creek GK outing. 83, couldn’t make a putt til 18 where I made birdie from 20’ . . . that putt probably at least doubled my putts made footage.
 Message #101994 - This was a reply to message #101723
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spyglass Hill

Saturday April 30, 2022 8:36 AM
Shot 45-40 for an 85 at Encino. Missed at least 4-5 easy short putts so that was highly frustrating.
 Message #101996 - This was a reply to message #101994

Listing 1 to 8 of 8 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]