Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot June 2022 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot June 2022 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 4 of 4 Replies

PAGES: 1
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot June 2022 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday June 1, 2022 6:33 AM
June, Super Twilight, Early Morning Dawn Patrols, Desert Deals, love this time of year to play. Looking forward to reading your posts!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #102187
SBogey
RE: What d'you shoot June 2022 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Saturday June 11, 2022 10:58 AM
Got out to play nine at Bear Mtn. Man do I stink these days! Finally hit a decent drive on 4 followed by a topper that went about 75 yards from 220 out. Put it on the green and 3 putt for another bogey! Many miss hits and I was at 37 after 7. I have shot 37 for the whole 9 before. I was at least within breaking 50 which would be my worst round ever there. Put it in the water for another double on 8. Then hit a perfect tee shot on 9. Put my approach over the green leaving what I would describe (and did) as an impossible chip to a back pin. Had to make it 10 ft to get out of the deep grass but knowing if I hit it 12 it would roll all the way off the front of the green. Landed it just past the edge of the deep stuff and watched it curl into the cup for a finishing bird. Not a single par on the round but a birdie finish. This game has a way of making you want to come back. 46 is a pretty poor round and it sounds better than it was. Hope I can find my swing again this summer!
 Message #102286 - This was a reply to message #102187
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circ Raven, Grizzly Ranch

Monday June 13, 2022 7:02 AM
Played the front nine at Newport Beach Golf Course (also known as the Mats) sat night with the roommates. They are not regular golfers but can make contact and know the basics. The 3 of them played as a scramble vs Myself in match play format. I made par on 1 and short sided my approach on 2 for a bogey. On hole three I hit a beautiful tee shot that landed just over the hole spun back and hit the pin but stayed out leaving me 4" from an ace. I ended up making two bogeys two birdies and shot even par 29 for the nine holes. I ended up beating my roommates 3&2 so that was fun. I gave them a lot of crap as they lost to a guy with 4 clubs wearing flip flops and a t-shirt.
 Message #102299 - This was a reply to message #102286
FirstFlightFX-101
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated! GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Q & V, Rancho DelSol

Wednesday June 22, 2022 1:11 PM
In South Bend visiting my new grandson. It's so green and lush out here. My son-n-law and I were the first slot out on Monday, playing Ebel Park. I had to rent sticks...omg, a full set of high mileage 5-9 hybrids. These were tough to figure out distances. Luckily, the war eagle driver, sonartec 3W, cleveland gap wedge and mallet putter, kept me from any runaway holes.
This course is just out of town and carved out of the woods and marshland. Lots of wildlife, and real peaceful settings. Lush, really small greens, on the soft side, yet roll pretty quick. The first cuts of rough were about 2 inches thick, and about 5 paces beyond that was knee high grass and then woods. With discipline on the front nine, I shot 45. With less discipline and risk taking on the back, I shot 54!

Looking to play either Blackthorn or Juday Creek tomorrow...and hoping a better set of rental sticks await me(crossing fingers)!

You all have fun at Olivas...and play well to any that match up there for cup 19!
 Message #102351 - This was a reply to message #102187

Listing 1 to 4 of 4 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]