Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot August-2022 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot August-2022 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 8 of 8 Replies

PAGES: 1
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot August-2022 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday August 2, 2022 8:02 AM
Right now, just trying to break 90 and stop the bleading. July was not kind. But I'm feeling my pitch game getting dialed in so that should bring down the scores quickly. And if the hotdog putter has a hot day I might be posting about how I broke 80. Stay tuned. Thank you for your posts!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #102573
jefkve
RE: What d'you shoot August-2022 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

Favorite Golfer:
    Ben Hogan
Favorite Golf Course:
    Monarch Dunes

Wednesday August 3, 2022 9:28 AM
Went and played my local league night for the first time....Could not get off the tee to save my life. Shot 52 on a par 35. Really frustrating as my driver was really on fire up until this round. Need to get out on the range and work through this.
 Message #102578 - This was a reply to message #102573
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circ Raven, Grizzly Ranch

Wednesday August 3, 2022 12:59 PM
Bad round at Pechanga over the weekend. Hot Humid and Windy.

I swear if I didn't make a birdie I made a double or worse. Front nine went par/birdie/bogey/ triple (tree issues)/ double(water ball)/ Birdie (375 yard drive), Double (OB), Double (sand), Bogey (3 putt) 47 on the front!

Back nine was not much better. Depending on the hole I looked like a scratch golfer or a beginner. Hole 16 is a short par 5 where I smashed the drive and hade 170 to the green into a stiff wind. I played a 4 hybrid (usually 220 club) and felt like a smashed it but the ball dove straight into the water. Ended up with 47 on the back!

On the day Irons were fine, Putter decent, but the driver was wild and out of control with 3 tops on the day which was partially because I was trying a new swing so I dont aggravate my shoulder injury. I have a lot of work to do in 2 weeks before a 3 day member guest with my boss at Old Ranch. I might get fired if I shoot a 94 as a 11 handicap.
 Message #102579 - This was a reply to message #102578
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circ Raven, Grizzly Ranch

Monday August 15, 2022 8:36 AM
Played in a 3 day member guest tournament with my boss at Old Ranch GC over the weekend.

Friday was a 2 man shamble with 6 drives needed per player. I only hit 4 FIR but most of the others were just off the fairway in short rough. My boss consistently put one in play down the middle but we ended up using around 10 of my drive just because of the length. My irons were pretty good but my putter was cold as ICE with 35 putts on the day. I still shot 79 but only making 1 birdie when hitting 10 GIR is unacceptable. My boss had a bad day and shot 89 but we finished the day net -1 and sat in 6th place in our flight.

Saturday was best ball. I was getting 6 pops and my boss was getting 9. I was a little eractic with my drive and had some very unfortunate lies I counted at least 3 trees that my ball came to rest right behind the trunk so I had to punch out to the side, Putter still cold with 34 putts. We tried our best not to blow up the same hole but that didn't work as two holes we both made double or worse. I shot 87 to my bosses 89 and we once again shot net -1 but that dropped us out of the top 10 in our flight.

Sunday was Select Drive Alternate shot. As a team we were getting 9.2 strokes (the .2 was for tie breakers) My shoulder was feeling great and with my bosses consistency on his drives I was letting the big dog fly at full power for the first time in 2 months. I hit some hilarious seeds leaving on average 80-130 yard in on most of the par 4s. My boss was pretty good at getting us on the green and we avoided all three putts. Only issues this day were par 3's where we kept missing the GIRs and shot +4 on them including an ugly dbl. We really made good use of our stroke holes by making pars on a few and threw in 3 birdies for the day. We ended up shooting -4 on the round and finished as the best team of the day and only 1 of 3 teams to shoot under par on the day and only group in our flight to do so.

We ended up launching ourselves into 3rd place for net in our flight which was much better that we were expecting. We also won a day 3 skin with a birdie and collected $250.

Overall it was a great event with plenty of food/drinks/ and laughs. Just wish we would've putted better on the first two days.
 Message #102626 - This was a reply to message #102573
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Wednesday August 17, 2022 7:18 AM
two rounds so far. Shot a 87 at Dove Canyon I was real happy about and a 91 at Sterling Hills I was dissappointed in. Next round at Sunset Hill CC, which I've never played before but got a feeling my driver will see very limited action.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #102737 - This was a reply to message #102573
Rat-Patrol
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Wednesday August 17, 2022 6:22 PM
Johnny, it may be time to move up a tee box . . . just saying.
 Message #102741 - This was a reply to message #102737
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Thursday August 18, 2022 7:14 AM
QUOTED  Johnny, it may be time to move up a tee box . . . just saying.

Thanks for the suggestion ... or maybe I should practice my short game more. Unfortunately moving up on the tee box at this point has done very little to improve my scoring. The best part of my game is driver. When I move up on the boxes my 250+ distance tends to bring more trouble in play.
 Message #102742 - This was a reply to message #102741
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Thursday August 18, 2022 8:36 AM
QUOTED  Played in a 3 day member guest tournament with my boss at Old Ranch GC over the weekend.

Golf with pressure. It's just fun with your job on the line!
At the annual member three guests at our 401k advisors club we were invited to best two of 4 scoring. My two brothers and I, good chance one of us would come through on any given hole.
Either way he was working for us. LOL but we all had the competitive nature. Good fun.
QUOTED  We ended up launching ourselves into 3rd place for net in our flight which was much better that we were expecting. We also won a day 3 skin with a birdie and collected $250.

Good stories for the office on Monday. Career saving day! At least good for the invite back next year!

Ok as far as my own follies. Last couple Sundays.

Yocha DeHe was the best course and conditions I have played all year. (8/7)

Last Sunday had it going ok for my abilities at The Ridge (Auburn) and after 4 par 3's played I had three Pars. Can't recall the last time I did that.
The 17th 130 yards the easiest ranked hole on the course and the 5th par 3. Tee shot left bunker, to a bogey result.
Still one over for the day on 3 pars.
Had it not been for lost tee balls on 16 and 18 could have been better fun.

QUOTED  Next round at Sunset Hill CC, which I've never played before but got a feeling my driver will see very limited action.

New course make positive memories. Let the Big Dog Hunt. And a little mustard on the putter please...
 Message #102764 - This was a reply to message #102626

Listing 1 to 8 of 8 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]