Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot February 2020 (GK Cyber Clubho...
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot February 2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 11 to 20 of 34 Replies

PAGES: 4 1 2 3 4
Arpeggi
RE: What d'you shoot February 2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday February 14, 2020 5:50 PM
Played Rams Hill last weekend
First round on Saturday, shot 81.
2nd round on Sunday, in the morning, was too windy and shot 93. Missed too many greens and getting up and down was no joke!
 Message #93581 - This was a reply to message #93568
lotrgolfer48

GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Tommy Fleetwood
Favorite Golf Course:
    Chambers Bay

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday February 14, 2020 6:24 PM
QUOTED 
QUOTED  88

Jim- Man of no words.

There's usually at least a bit of context as well. Something must have HAPPENED. Amazing ball striking round but 39 putts at Torrey? Good round at Balboa ruined by two quads and a 10? Wait... I KNOW!!! He played Mission Bay!
 Message #93582 - This was a reply to message #93568
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Friday February 14, 2020 9:57 PM
My wife had to be down the mountain in the morning for a training session so we headed to Goose Creek for an afternoon round. The course is in excellent shape. The greens still showed signs of being punched and that took the break out of most of the putts but the speed was very nice. Only had 1 ,3 putt but missed most of the GIR. 35 putts total which is a big improvement over Wednesday at Oak Quarry. Felt like a good round but failed to score well. 46 front 9 ,49 back. It didn't feel like a 95 but oh well. Bit by bit I am getting it back together. We saw some wonderful wildlife there. A beautiful and very large hawk was cruising around and later we saw her up in a tree feeding her babies. Also noticed no mud hens. Saw 2 geese and a pair of egrets in the lake by 18. Just added to a wonderful day on a wonderful course.
 Message #93584 - This was a reply to message #93582
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Saturday February 15, 2020 7:47 AM
For having not played in a month and on the blue tees at Oak Quarry I was pleased with how I played.

Keeping score because of GK Cup play and playing to a 9.2 on the GK Scoretracker I shot an 88. Came out to a 13.4. Two triples came were on 1-9 handicap holes so those had to count. Got a couple doubles as well. So 4 holes I went 10 over but the other 14 holes I was only 6 over. Hurt that it took me 2 sand shots to escape a hole #9 bunker and 3 sand shots to escape a hole #10 bunker, then I hit and fantastic sand shot on #11... to save double (I know what I need to work on - LOL). Just a bad stretch of holes there. Got a birdie on hole #2 but that was it.

I'm thrilled with participation and how the new GK Cup format is going. Can't wait to play my first match.

Next week I'll be very busy lining up our GK Plays outings calendar for 2020 as well as GK Guru review outings. I'll have plenty of time to get those rounds in. Looking at a trip to NorCal in April and/or May. Going to cover a lot of ground in the next few months.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #93585 - This was a reply to message #93374
rudyclub
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil, Ricky, Kucher
Favorite Golf Course:
    Desert willow, Journey

Sunday February 16, 2020 11:58 AM
Work has kept me from playing much golf as of late, so this is not about a score. But, of shots that keep you coming back with that golf high that sticks around for a couple of day's after. Was convinced to leave the office for for free round with a neighbor the other day. As a (self inflicted victim) of golf instruction videos, The one I caught was about the basics of the golf swing and how the left wrist should be staple and slightly leading the club at contact with your irons, which is something I know I have failed at and have been struggling with my irons for some time now. Working on your swing during a round I doubt is ever a good idea, but I just kept that thought in my mind during the round. After a elephants ass tee ball (High & it stunk) on a hole leaving me 200 yrds to a protected green. I took out my trusty 6i and figured I'd aim at the left edge of green and would leave me a straight pitch shot at pin. With the swing thought in mind I pured the shot right where I was aiming and landed on the green. Missed the bird but saved the par from far. There were other shots that will stick in my mind as well and 24 hrs later I'm still buzzing from those shots. It's amazing what a few well struck golf shots can do for your attitude!
 Message #93598 - This was a reply to message #93585
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Monday February 17, 2020 7:56 AM
95 adjusted to 89. either I hit it perfect of the ball went ob. I cant remember the last time I lost 9 golf balls. I hit 8 fairways and GIR with 31 putts. If you just look at those numbers they are not bad. But if you dont keep it in play you will have a very bad day.
 Message #93621 - This was a reply to message #93374
Arpeggi

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Monday February 17, 2020 5:13 PM
Struggled with the putter at Old Ranch on Saturday. 91 with a 51 front nine.
 Message #93626 - This was a reply to message #93621
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Poppy Maderas

Monday February 17, 2020 11:06 PM
Took 2 weeks off from golf while my wife was recuperating from surgery. No better time than the GK Cup to play myself back into shape.

Played GK Cup 5 matches in 7 days. In the early matches, frequently looked like someone who had taken 2 weeks off. Good shots here and there but little consistency. Played better as I got more practice in and reduced my score for 5 straight matches. Still not great, but back to normal mid 80's.

I find that as I get older with each layoff, it takes me longer to get "golf muscles" stretched out and ready to perform again.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #93631 - This was a reply to message #93626
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Tuesday February 18, 2020 7:06 AM
My wife and I have had this same experience. We find as we get better at golf in general our bodies lose strength and flexibility . A strong case of diminishing returns if ever there was one!
 Message #93633 - This was a reply to message #93631
noeldaof
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Tuesday February 18, 2020 9:45 AM
83 is the new 79! Only because I used to get very excited and proud of myself breaking 80 one in a while. Nowadays, I post an 83 and I'm ready to celebrate... bring it on
JVGA
 Message #93637 - This was a reply to message #93374

Listing 11 to 20 of 34 Replies

PAGES: 4 1 2 3 4

[ Community Page ]