Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot February 2020 (GK Cyber Clubho...
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot February 2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 21 to 30 of 34 Replies

PAGES: 4 1 2 3 4
Rat-Patrol
RE: What d'you shoot February 2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday February 20, 2020 2:02 PM
84 Torrey South, see the GK Cup thread for recap.
 Message #93665 - This was a reply to message #93637
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Thursday February 20, 2020 4:46 PM
QUOTED  84 Torrey South

Impressive Jim. I was just getting ready to send you an email to see if you were available for a match this week. I think I'll hold off! lol.
 Message #93666 - This was a reply to message #93665
lotrgolfer48

GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Tommy Fleetwood
Favorite Golf Course:
    Chambers Bay

Thursday February 20, 2020 6:23 PM
Back to back 76s at Torrey South this week. Horrendous double on 16 and dumb bogey on 6 today had some choice words running through my head.
 Message #93668 - This was a reply to message #93665
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Friday February 21, 2020 5:05 PM
Well another Jekyll and Hyde round. Started double and bogie. Then on the par 3 third which has been a terrible hole for me in the past I hit a nice tee shot pin high but on the left edge of the green with the pin tucked in the right side. Uphill 2/3 rds of the way the downhill breaking right . Hit to a mark about half way there worried its not enough then it catches the hill and starts picking up speed. Would have rolled past the hole but hits the flag and drops for a birdie. Man I love that new rule. Thoughtg I was on my way to a great round right. Wrong! I posted on the thread about holes you own how #7 had been a great hole for me making par ort birdie. Not today though bogey is not that bad. Then on 8 a 100 yard hole I go past the pin into the bunker, out of the bunker across the green into the lake and end up with a triple! End up 10 over front 9. Back was more of the same great hole bad hole. Ended up with a 48 on the back for a 94! Hope Eagle Glen goes better!
One other highlight on the day. On 15 the #2 handicap (which has always kicked my butt) I hit a drive I measured with my GPS at 270! When I was down the mountain yesterday I stopped by a Roger Dunn store to try a couple drivers. The launch monitors said both the Maverick and Epic drivers I tried were traveling between 170 and 190. I had 2 drives that went just over 200. Guess I will stick with this one a bit longer!

[[Edited by SBogey on Friday February 21, 2020 6:07 PM]]
 Message #93669 - This was a reply to message #93668
noeldaof
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday February 23, 2020 1:30 PM
Wow a 91 for me! lol
JVGA
 Message #93681 - This was a reply to message #93374
Arpeggi

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday February 24, 2020 1:10 PM
91 at Mile Square Players. Had major issues with driver which left me in the rough or left me with a bad angle to the green.
 Message #93695 - This was a reply to message #93681
jciapa02

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Kiawah Ocean Course

Monday February 24, 2020 6:18 PM
As the Arizona community would know it, Greenskeeper is a quiet place in Arizona due to 1...High green fees, 2...long 5+ hour round times and 3...the knowledge knowing that you could be exempt of both if you waited to the summer. However the golf itch has fully infected me after the Waste Management and serious range work to my swing, I bit.

I walked 9 holes at Apache Creek during twilight for $30 and started off with a fade that kept fading leaving me an easy 9 iron into the green which I only say to emphasize what happened walking up to my ball. I found out that someone had stolen my rangefinder given to me as a birthday gift two years ago (by my girlfriend, she feeds my addiction to golf) and I was left to compute the distances using the ground markers placed 200, 150 and 100 at this course. I was/am devastated.

Other than that, my irons and wedges were precise as could be as I didn't have a birdie putt outside 15 feet however my putter got cold feet. A double bogey happened on the devilish par 4 5th hole (my arch-nemesis) which I nicely followed up with putting a wedge to 5 feet at the island par 3 6th (missed the putt of course). Overall, for my first actual round since November and much work done to my driver and irons I felt happy to shoot a 3 over 38.

To note, we were playing in an overcast cloudy sunset and one drive was that feeling that any golfer knows...the shot that'll keep replaying in your head over and over until you're out there again. On the 7th, I hit 3 wood on a narrow 350 yard par 4 and somehow with the sweet 5 yard draw I executed I was able to get the ball green side and determine it was a 350 yard drive. The next hole, I hit a sky high, missile of a driver that caused my playing partner to remark "some day I'll be able to hit those shots, but it'll be awhile" and I could only smile. The drive went over 360 in the chilly overcast Arizona twilight. Ahhhhhh golf is great.
 Message #93704 - This was a reply to message #93374
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Monday February 24, 2020 6:57 PM
Hansen is one of those courses that I generally struggle on and for no apparent reason. It's not overly tough, and it's not a pushover, either. But there are just some holes here that torment me, but on Sunday I vowed to just relax and try and enjoy it as much as possible.

Worked out pretty well at the start when I was one inch or so short of making par on #3 and would have started at even after four holes after I hit a nice chip to save par on #4. The bogey train then arrived and the most disappointing of them was on the long par 5 6th hole. I pushed my drive way right into the ravine/forest but made a great recovery 6i over the hill and under the trees, but was still 250 out. Went for broke and hit a sweet 2i onto the apron, but a mediocre chip required a nice one-putt and I missed. Hit two good shots on #9 as well but missed the par saving stroke. A 5-over 41 to start the day felt promising.

The back nine was a much more testing ask and I started poorly on the horrible hole #10 with my first double of the day, but quickly made amends by hitting a perfect drive on #11 and chipping just 30 yards or so to within a foot for the birdie. Had a terrible time playing checkers on #13 and three-putting #14 (all after hitting a perfect drive down the center and playing the 'smart' way by avoiding the greenside bunkers and setting myself up with a comfortable full-swing 60 degree in) before getting it back together with a two-putt par on #15. Alternated between good and not so good to bogey the last three holes and finish the back with a 9-over 45.

No penalties, a few three-putts, no sand issues and beautiful day ... not the worst result ever. Ended up shooting a solid 86 despite giving some strokes away that can definitely be fixed. At another course I may not have felt so good after that score, but with my poor history of results here, it felt like a victory of sorts. And that feeling is rare in golf, so I'm going to enjoy it.
 Message #93705 - This was a reply to message #93704
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Thursday February 27, 2020 1:53 AM
Another one of those rounds. Played Eagle Glen with the guru group. Started out awesome with pars on the first 3 holes. Then the dreaded triple. Pulled it together to bogey my way out with a decent 44 to start. 3 triples on the back made me want to give up the game! Then when all seemed hopeless came to 17. Par 3 downhill back pin so 143. Hit 8 iron and hit it pure. Little draw headed right at the pin. Landed and started rolling right at it and both my partner and I thought it would go in. I actually found I had stopped breathing for a moment. The ball hit the pin and kicked out and past about 10 feet. Truly a game of inches. Maybe an inch left and it drops in but not to be. Missed the bird as well but made what was only my 4th par of the day. Finished with triple and a terrible 51. Another 95. Man this game has frustrated me lately! Flashes of everything coming together but no cigar yet!
 Message #93721 - This was a reply to message #93705
kviser

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event LA-GK-Meetup-Winner: LA GK Meetup Winner

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    River Ridge

Thursday February 27, 2020 8:28 AM
Thanks to the GK Cup and my desire to make some points, I am finding some time to go out and play more. It's hard to balance work, home projects, and biking (kind of a new hobby that gives me some physical exercise and cardio).

So far it's been miserable golf for me this year with scores in the upper 90's to a 101 at Oak Quarry where SBogey was beating me like a drum (pun intended) for 7 holes.

In a ray of hope, I did shoot an 88 (adjusted) at Simi Hills a week and a half ago. That score included a string of 3-putts on the back nine. So it could have been better, but definitely better ball striking with the irons kept me in it and I didn't go off the rails.

I'm looking forward to one more round this month at Hansen Dam with t8fish. Thanks to the leap year, we get an extra day to play golf!
QUOTED  Maybe an inch left and it drops in but not to be.

Nice shot, Steve! Too bad; it seems that the elusive ace is just a matter of freaking luck!
 Message #93722 - This was a reply to message #93721

Listing 21 to 30 of 34 Replies

PAGES: 4 1 2 3 4

[ Community Page ]