Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot February 2020 (GK Cyber Clubho...
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot February 2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 31 to 34 of 34 Replies

PAGES: 4 1 2 3 4
mpisarski01
RE: What d'you shoot February 2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday February 28, 2020 5:47 PM
89 at Carmel valley ranch. I drove the green on 2 from 300 yards and two putt birdie was the only real highlight. Made some pars but I had a few triples. Only one lost ball is the real hero of the round.
 Message #93740 - This was a reply to message #93374
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Saturday February 29, 2020 8:49 PM
Played Yucaipa in a GK match. For the first time I did not have that total collapse in the middle of the round. Greens did not hole at all today and some of my best shots just rolled off the back of the green. Putting is still sporadic but improving. Only 2 pars on the day. Front OK 44 with 1 double and no triples. Back frustrating 50 with 1 double but 2 triples. Felt like a much better round than a 94 but there it is. No real highlights but I did have 3 really exceptional drives and made a really nice putt for par on #8.
 Message #93759 - This was a reply to message #93740
CPennbo

Community Director/Women

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls/Balboa

Sunday March 1, 2020 11:55 AM
Played Yucaipa on the last day of February. Since it was Leap Day I decided not to really keep score as I had hurt my back and hip but wanted to watch the match so went anyway. GREAT match to watch- back and forth the entire 18! BAD day for me to even try to swing a club. Being in pain, and playing my least favorite course in the area, were my burdens to carry. LOL I focused on specialty shots. The bunkers (I was in almost every single one!) were mostly soft on the top inch and hard pack under that. Unless they were dirt with sizeable rocks. (about half of them) I tried a sand wedge on a few without much success. Oh, add that the greens weren't holding AT ALL so getting out greenside was an exercise in frustration and watching well placed shots roll allllllllllll the way across the green. I decided to work on my sand putter. :-) Surprisingly, or maybe not, I am discovering more and more that there are definite bunkers and definite conditions that make my putter a better choice out of the sand than a wedge. I started working this just for fun about a year or so ago but have since found that it's a good shot to have in my bag. I try to remember what one of my coaches told me- Don't let your preconceived ideas about what club to use, and what a club 'can' do, keep you from using the right club at the right time. He showed me how to use my clubs in unique but effective ways. (I'm not sure the sand putter technique would work for anyone not using a solid brass blade) Sure hoping my next round is a far cry better than this one! But that's golf, right?
New Year's Resolution- HAVE MORE FUN, DO MORE, SEE MORE, LAUGH MORE!
 Message #93770 - This was a reply to message #93759
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Sunday March 1, 2020 6:18 PM
95 (adjusted 90) & 90 (adjusted 89) on leap day at Spyglass and Spanish Bay. Started horrifically with a +5 and a +4 on the first two holes at Spyglass then recovered the rest of the round not making any more messes. Spanish was in 20-30mph winds I had good scoring if I kept the drive in play and I was killing it with 4 irons that I kept less than 20ft up and got lots of roll. Hole 14 into the wind was the highlight of Spanish, I hit a crappy drive but stayed in play, hit a nice hybrid to about 175 yards followed by a low running 4 iron to about 10 yards from the front of the elevated green and sank my Texas wedge (rob1563 style) from 60+feet for birdie.
 Message #93772 - This was a reply to message #93770

Listing 31 to 34 of 34 Replies

PAGES: 4 1 2 3 4

[ Community Page ]